6th June 2011, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Should I go for MBA or MCA after securing 67% in 12th Arts with Maths?

did my 12th with Arts with math and secured 67%. Now I am doing BCA final year in himachal pradesh University. I am confused in choosing stream after my graduation. Do I go for MBA or MCA? Please give me valuable suggestions.
poonam

25th January 2012, 11:18 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for MBA or MCA after securing 67% in 12th Arts with Maths?

Don't get confused! Look here, its not that much complicated to decide...

MBA and MCA both are post graduation courses.

The basic differences between these two courses are:

1. Objectives:
MBA is Masters in Business Administration, while MCA is Masters in Computer Application.
MBA are for those who are interested in Business and management and corporate world, whereas MCA are for those who are interested in Software industry and programming.

2. Duration:
MBA is a 2 years post graduation course and MCA is a 3 years post graduation course.

3. Eligibility:
For MBA, anyone who has completed his or her graduation in any field from a recognized university is eligible for MBA.

For MCA, Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) is eligible to apply.
But candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation

4. Employment areas:
For MBA,
Business Consultancies, Brand & Marketing, Non-profit Organizations, Personal Business, Export Companies, Financial Organizations, Industrial Houses, Multinational Companies etc....

For MCA,
Computers and Related Electronic Equipment Manufacturers, Database Management, E-Commerce, Networking, Embedded Technologies, Design Support And Data Communications, System Maintenance, Security and Surveillance Companies, Software Development Companies etc etc....

So Both the courses are equally demanding, salaries will also be same but you have to go with your interest....
26th January 2012, 04:21 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I go for MBA or MCA after securing 67% in 12th Arts with Maths?

Hi

If you are doing your BCA presently, then you should be worried about the score you are creating in your graduation because that would be helpful and playing a role in your masters studies.

First of all you should decide that you are interested in Computers or not. If you are really interested in Computer and want to study and research more on it, then certainly you should go for your MCA.

Otherwise, if you want to do job now and think would find difficulty in getting jobs in MNC's then MBA is the course for you.

I am briefing you a bit on both the courses, before I give my final say.

MCA - Masters in Computer Applications.

This course is of 2 years post graduation and you need to be a graduate before you can take this up.
You would be taught more about programming languages, networking, securities, etc and other Computer software development specializations.

MBA - Masters in Business Administration

This is also of 2 years duration and you need to be a minimum graduate to take this up.
You would be taught about the specializations like Finance, HR, Entrepreneurship, International Business, Hotel, Retail managements etc.

So now you may decide which way you want to go.

I would suggest, go for your MCA first, completer your technical studies, and then MBA is always a course in your hand. You can do it after that also.

It would create a huge value of yours in the world market.

All the best
26th January 2012, 06:25 PM
adlsm

Default Re: Should I go for MBA or MCA after securing 67% in 12th Arts with Maths?

go for MBA i would suggest , its the best
take a yr break and prepare hard to get through IIMs .

all the best
26th January 2012, 09:51 PM
INDERPREET KAUR JOHAL

if you have interest in programing field ,,then go for MCA ,,if not then choose MBA
26th January 2012, 09:55 PM
INDERPREET KAUR JOHAL

if you have interest in programming then go for MCA ,,if not then go for MBA.
27th January 2012, 03:31 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
Of course MBA is much more better for MCA

If you see these reasons then you can understand why you should do MBA.

1.High job probability.
2.God salary
3.Nice working environment.
4.Job satisfaction.
5.Bearable work pressure

You can see these MBA colleges :

ALLIANCE

IRM,manasarover

BIMTECH

Welingkars

amity

SCMS cochin

Sri shiengri

NIILM

IMS ramaiah,bangalore

EMPI

For more details you can see these attachments below:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mbacareer99.pdf(383.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: pdf mba_learning-education-information-sheets-.pdf(185.9 KB, 64 views)
27th January 2012, 04:21 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend it is totally depends upon your interest..

You decide in which field you want to go..

If you have interest in computers then you should go for MCA course.

For that you have to complete your graduation first..

After completion of graduation in any trade you can go for MCA course..

To get admission in MCA course you have to qualify in entrance exams like-

1.JECA
2.NIMCET

Through any of these exam you can apply for MCA course.

And If you have interest in management field then you can go for MBA course.

For that you have to complete your graduation course first..

After which you need to qualify in any of these exams like- CAT/MAT/XAT/SNAP etc..

Through any of these exams you can go for MBA course..

So, the decision s in your hand , now you decide in which field you want to make your future career.
all the best..
29th January 2012, 12:13 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

dear friend........
for CA you must have to complete your +2 commerce and then you have to complete your gradution in commerce field and after that you can apply for the CA......

all the best.......
27th March 2012, 05:31 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend,
MBA (MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION) or MCA (MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS) is in your choice.
If you are interested in COMPUTERS then you have to take MCA is the good choice other wise if you are interested in management then you have to go for MBA.
For these two ways first of all you have to complete your graduation with atleast 50 % of marks.

The choice is yours so just follow your heart.
All the best for your bright future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?