13th May 2012, 05:22 PM
Buji_1819

Am I eligible for DRDO entry test?

Dear Sir,

I have received a return letter from DRDO, actually i have send that post card with my documents now i got that post card thru post, so Iam quite confused like for what purpose i have received it weather Iam eligible for the DRDO Entry Test - 2012.

13th May 2012, 06:40 PM
romi_bal

Default Re: Am I eligible for DRDO entry test?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buji_1819 View Post
Dear Sir,

I have received a return letter from DRDO, actually i have send that post card with my documents now i got that post card thru post, so Iam quite confused like for what purpose i have received it weather Iam eligible for the DRDO Entry Test - 2012.
The post that you were asked to send was for the acknowledgement. Since you have received the post cars you have send along with the documents assures that they have received your documents.

For more details read the attached information brochure of DRDO entry Test-2012
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Advertisement_ceptam_05.pdf(187.0 KB, 452 views)
13th May 2012, 09:20 PM
rachender singh

HELLO FRIEND,

Eligibility for DRDO-SET

Qualification:-
Atleast first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg / Mechanical Engg / Computer Science & Engg/ Chemical Engg/ Electrical Engg from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.
If a class/division is not awarded at B.E./B.Tech or equivalent degree, a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 6.75 CGPA shall be considered equivalent for grade points on a ten point scale.

Age relaxation:

Maximum relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:-

i) Upto 05 years in case of SC/ST candidates
ii) Upto 03 years in case of OBC candidates
iii) Upto 05 years for Physically Handicapped Persons (10 years for SC/ST and 08 years for OBC candidates) in identified disciplines even if no posts are reserved for them in these areas.
iv) In case of Ex-serviceman, services rendered in the armed forces plus 3 years

Nationality

Only Indian nationals need apply.

THANKS.
13th May 2012, 09:46 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

D.R.D.O. Eligibility :

Essential Qualifications

At least first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Following

Branches:

Electronics & Communication Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering.
First class Master's Degree in Science in Chemistry/Physics from a recognized University in respective/relevant discipline.

Age Limit :

The upper age limit is 28 years (as on 31st May 2010). It is relaxable for SC/ST/OBC/HH/OH candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them as per rules in vogue. Age is also relaxable for Armed Forces Personnel as per rules in vogue.

Nationality :

Only Indian nationals need apply.

~regards~
priyo
29th May 2012, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

is there any percentage relaxation for ST students?????????
14th June 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

i'm completed bscmaths and doing mca.am i eligible to write drdo set exam? please help me!
14th June 2012, 06:39 PM
mnbgvs

HI FRIEND,

There Are Various Posts In Which You Can Apply For DRDO Exams.

So, The Eligiblity Creteria Are Vary From Post To Post. But Graduation form Science And Engineering Are the Eligiblity To Apply for DRDO Examination.

So, If You Have Completed Your Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in any Stream With Atleast 60% Marks, Then You Are Eligible to Apply for DRDO Examination.

OR

Atleast You Should Have first class Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg, Mechanical Engg, Computer Science & Engg, Chemical Engg, Electrical Engg. from a Recognized University.

And The Candidates Appearing in the Final Examination May Also Eligible To Apply For DRDO Examination.

So, You Have Completed Your Engineering Course With 60% Marks, Then You Are Eligible to Apply for DRDO Examination. And If You Are Interested To Get More Information, Then Please Visit the Official Website -

DRDO invited applications for the recruitment of the Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ posts for placement in various DRDO laboratories.

All the eligible and interested candidates are advised to apply for above mentioned positions before the 9th April 2012.

http://www.drdo.org

ALL THE BEST......
14th June 2012, 07:26 PM
kinnarnara

dear friend,
ELIGIBLITY FOR DRDO EXAM;
Candidates who have atleast first class bachelor's degree in engineering and technology in Computer Science / Electronics and communication engineering / Mechanical
engineering / Chemical Engineering / Electrical engineering / from any recognized university
or organization .

***Age Relaxation Limit***

Maximum age relaxation in upper age limit will be as under:

1.Upto 3 years in case of OBC candidates

2. upto 5 years age relaxation in case of SC/ST candidates.

3.Upto 05 years for PH persons(10 years for SC/ST and 08 years for obc candidate.
Good luck............
14th June 2012, 10:40 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

DRDO - DEFENCE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION is development and research organisation under central Govt.

To be eligible for DRDO entry test the candidate should have following qualification:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have completed Graduation in Engineering and Technology in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics & Communication/Chemical/Computer Engineering from a recognised University with at least 60% marks.
-The candidate should be within the age of 28 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate for 3 years and up to 5 years for Physically handicapped candidate.
14th July 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

how many question in STA_B drdo EXAM2012 and what is duretion time of exam?
14th July 2012, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i want to eligible critaria for STA-b computer science?
20th July 2012, 11:55 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hii....!!!

-->DRDO stands for defence research and development organization is development and research organization under central govt.

-->eligibility criteria:-

*candidate must be indian.

*should be graduated from recognized university with marks 60%.

*candidate age should be under 28 years and age relaxation is there of 3 or d years for SC/ST/OBC .

* candidate must be physically fit.

alll the best...go ahead!!!!
21st July 2012, 06:11 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hai Friend.......

DRDO - Defence Research & Development Organization

Eligibility Criteria For DRDO : -

** You Must have degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognised University

** Your age between 18 to 28 years, age relaxation as follows

For SC/ST Candidates 5 years relaxation

For OBC Candidates 3 years relaxation

** You should be a Citizen of India

******all the best********

Regards..........
Tash
22nd July 2012, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

what type of posts are there in drdo 4 elect engg n how much is their salary?
29th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

no need of engineering degree btech/be. Read the notification carefully. I am a diploma holder and last year i attended the exam. Need only a 3 year diploma from recognized board or univ.
29th July 2012, 10:15 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,The post that you were asked to send was for the acknowledgement. Since you have received the post carsyou have send along with the documents assures that they have received your documents.good luck.
2nd August 2012, 01:41 PM
gowtham_65

Default Re: i have applied fitter post in DRDO

hello sir i have applied for fitter post so i need a model question paper plz send a mail to [email protected]
3rd August 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

I Have not original Hallticket but i have download copy I am eligible for DRDO CEPTEM-05 Exam
3rd August 2012, 07:38 PM
Neeti kushwaha

Smile Re: Am I eligible for DRDO entry test?

hellow....!
DRDO means Defence Research and Development Organization.... isme eligibility Post par depend karti hai ki.... vaccancies kis type ki post ke liye nikali hain. jaise upper level ke liye ya lower level ya fir medium level post ke liye.

Isme sabhi posts ke liye Age limit 18 - 28 years hoti hai... jo ki advertisement ki last date par count hoti hai.

aur Agar Qualification ki baat karein to.. 12th+ computer knowledge, Graduation + computer knowledge, Experience, Technical coursess like B.Tech/cs/it/mech. etc ko mahatva diya jata hai... ye sab depend karta hai Nature of the Post.

..... Lekin ek Importent Eligibility Form Ka Last Date tak pahuchana aur Application Form Ke saath Bheje Jaane vaale Dastavej(photocopies) hote hain... Jo aapki qualification, technical qualification, computer knowledge, caste, experience ki Pusti(attest) Karate hain... aur inke saath hi 2 envelope( jinpar demanding stamp) and ek 6 rs ki raseed chipka hua post-card aavasyak hota hai... jiski absence mein bhi aap non-eligible ho sakate hain....
and is Post-card par aapka poora address aur advertisement no.-, post you have applied- likha hona zaroori hota hai......

Agar aapne ye saari baatein dhyaan mein rakhi hongi then you are eligible....

DRDO exam.2012 15th august 2012 ko hone vaala hai... Soooo All the Best....
. And say me also i have also applied for the exam...,

Have a good day....!
19th August 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

SIR, I am a B.Tech biotechnology student . As per this qualification i got the job in DRDO .Work in DRDO is my dream . plz.............. rplyyy as soon as possible .
19th August 2012, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am a b.tech biotech student how i can get the entry in the drdo . work in drdo is my dream so please help me .
5th September 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

I am a b.tech "IT" student . am i eligible in DRDO examination??????
5th March 2013, 05:55 PM
niteshyelore

I am sending the pdf so you can check it and get all about drdo
Attached Files
File Type: pdf (www.entrance-exam.net)-Advertisement_ceptam_05.pdf(187.0 KB, 238 views)
8th July 2013, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have complited b tech ME with 70% but have only 56% in mathematics 1 in first year
Am i eligible for drdo set?
8th July 2013, 08:13 PM
megayounus786

Quote:
Dear Sir,

they give you acknowledgement that they have confirmed your exam.
2nd August 2013, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

iam doing final year bsc information technology.am i eligible candidate??
2nd August 2013, 11:49 PM
shivam2k6

Dear Friend,

No, you are not eligible for DRDO.

DRDO recruits only Engineers by visiting campuses of various engineering colleges.

It also conducts Scientist Entry Test for various branches of Engineering but it is not conducted every year for various reasons.

Thank you.
3rd August 2013, 01:24 PM
bevis
Member+

Defense research and development organisation

Eligibility Criteria For DRDO :

You should be a Citizen of India

You Must have degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognized University

Your age between 18 to 28 years, age relaxation as follows

SC/ST Candidates 5 years relaxation

OBC Candidates 3 years relaxation
3rd August 2013, 03:44 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Hi,

DRDO – Defence Research and Development Organisation

The postcard that has been sent to you is actually he acknowledgement that they have received your documents.

Now as per your question about your eligibility for DRDO test, depends on you, satisfying all the eligibility criteria that they have for the exam.

For this you must know about those criterias.

Eligibility criteria for DRDO test ~~

You should be an Indian national.

You should have done Bachelor in engineering in any of these–

Electrical
Mechanical
Electronics and communications
Chemical engineering
Computer Science engineering, from a recognised university.

You should have scored 60% in engineering degree.

Your age should be below 28 years.

The upper age is relaxed by 3 years for OBC and 5 Years for SC/ST category.

So, you can check, whether you satisfy these conditions and then you can apply.
3rd August 2013, 08:10 PM
saiprudhvi499

Hai Friend,

You have received the acknowledgement, so you are eligible to write the exam.

The details about the DRDO Exam is given below:

DRDO Scientist Entrance Test (SET):

1) Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) is an agency of the Republic of India which does innovative development of technology required for the military purposes.

2) DRDO SET all India entrance exam is conducted every year to recruit engineering or scientific graduates. This recruitment process is done by Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) of DRDO.

3) The exam is usually conducted on the first Sunday of September every year. DRDO employs only highly qualified and efficient scientists and technologists to Defence Research and Development Service (DRDS).

Structure and Pattern of DRDO SET:

1) DRDO SET exam is of three hours duration consisting of two sections ; Section‘A’& Section ‘B’

2) Section 'A' has a total of 100 questions in the area where applicant has graduates like engineering stream or science subjects

3) Section 'B' of 50 questions is on testing analytical and qualitative skills, and to gauge application understanding of current affairs and general awareness

4) Based on the organisation's requirements, DRDO SET exam can be set to cover questions in conventional engineering streams like civil. Electrical and mechanical as well as new ones like aero, electronics & communication, metallurgy and science subjects such as Chemistry, Physics and Maths.

5) Selection in DRDO Totally based on the score secured for entrance Exam. The short listed candidate are called for Personal Interview for final admission.

Qualification Criteria for DRDO SET:

1) Any engineering graduate with B.Tech or MSc degree in Aero, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, Computer, Electronics/Electronics & Communication, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Metallurgy etc and Science subjects such as Chemistry, Physics and Maths/ Operations Research/ Statistics etc.

2) The age limit is 28 years. For SC/ST students there is an age relaxation by 5 years and for OBC, there is a 3 year age relaxation.

Application Procedure for DRDO SET:

1) Candidates are required to apply in the specified electronic application forms. DRDO issues notification for this exam in all major dailies.

2) These application forms along with information booklet containing instructions for filling the application will be available at selected branches of SBI.

3) For General/OBC candidates there is Rs 100 as application form cost and another Rs 200 as exam fee. However for SC/ST candidates exam fees is exempted and the application form with information brochure will be available on payment of Rs 100/-. For HH/OH candidates, there is no Application or Examination fee.
3rd August 2013, 08:35 PM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

DRDO - Defence Research & Development Organisation.

The under Department of Defence Research and Development of Ministry of Defence.

Age Limit :

18 to 28 years

Age Relaxation

5 years for SC/ST Candidates

3 years for OBC Candidates

5 years for Physically Handicapped Persons

Education qualification

You have degree in Engineering and Technology from a recognised University

Nationality

you have Citizen of India

Exam Pattern

Best Books for DRDO

DRDO Defence Research & Development Organisation Scientists Entry Test Electrical Engineering Study Guide 01 Edition
Author: GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2012)
Rs. 379

BSNL DRDO ISRO: Electronic and Communication Engineering Previous Year Solved Papers 1st Edition(Paperback)
Author: ME Team
Publisher: Made Easy Publications (2012)
Rs. 182

DRDO Defence Research & Development Organisation Electronics & Communication Engineering Scientists Entry Test Guide 01 Edition
(Paperback)Author: G. K
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2009)
Rs. 360

Web site ; www.drdo.gov.in
26th October 2014, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

sir,i have done only b.tech(ece) and have not done diploma or b.sc...so can i apply for ceptam 2014??
31st August 2018, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am completed computer engineering diploma and Bca am I eligible for DRDO ceptem exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?