21st January 2018, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Food inspector exam haivng Post Graduation in Applied Microbiology?

Hi I'm Nikhitha, I have completed Post Graduation in Applied Microbiology. I would like to know whether I am qualified for Food Inspector exam or not? If yes, when should I apply by latest?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility criteria for pursuing Post Graduation in Food microbiology?
  2. Microbiology graduate who is working in Quality Assurance is eligible for Food Inspector exam or not?
  3. Can I apply for food inspector exam on the basis of B.Sc microbiology?
  4. Am i eligible for Food Inspector job being physically handicapped?
  5. Eligibility requirement for drug inspector exam? Am I eligible after post graduation in Microbiology?
  6. Which post graduation course to do after B.Sc Microbiology?
  7. Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?
  8. Can I be eligible for food inspector exam after completing BSc Biotechnology
  9. Eligibility criteria, syllabus, age limit and date of the food inspector exam?
  10. Criteria for applying for Food Inspector's post after Biotechnology Engineering?
  11. Which Post graduation to do after BSc Microbiology? Medical microbiology, applied microbiology and clinical research? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Food Technology from CFTRI after completion of B.Sc in Microbiology?
  13. Am I eligible for food inspector after doing final year MSc in Microbiology?
  14. Am I eligible for B.Ed after graduating in Microbiology and PG in food processing and nutrition science?
  15. Am I eligible for food inspector exam after completion of M.Sc in Nutrition and Dietetics?
  16. Is it mandatory to complete post graduation course to apply for food inspector post?
  17. Can i fill Drug Inspector and Food Inspector form being a B.Pharma final year student?
  18. What to study for being a Food Inspector? Already, completed Master in Food and Nutrition. -- [New]
23rd January 2018, 12:53 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Food inspector exam haivng Post Graduation in Applied Microbiology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi I'm Nikhitha, I have completed Post Graduation in Applied Microbiology. I would like to know whether I am qualified for Food Inspector exam or not? If yes, when should I apply by latest?
The candidate who wish to apply for the post of Food Inspector has to sit for for the written examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for the Food Inspector exam are:

1. The candidate must be a graduate in any Science stream preferably in Agriculture/Pharmacy/Food Technology/Dairy Technology/ or an equivalent from a recognized university.

2. The minimum age to apply for this post is 21 years.

3. The candidate must be an Indian citizen

The selection process involves : Written test, Interview.

Being a student of Applied Microbiology you can apply for this exam. At present there is no official notification for the post of Food Inspector exam. But later you can apply a soon as the notification or announcement comes out for this post. For details regarding exam date please be in touch with the official page of UPSC which is : www.upsc.gov.in
23rd January 2018, 09:52 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Food inspector exam haivng Post Graduation in Applied Microbiology?

To become Food Inspector you need to attend an entrance exam conducted by UPSC in the month of September. For attending the exam you need to fulfill few eligibility requirements which are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The educational qualification required is to complete their graduation in medicine or any bachelors level degree in dairy technology/ food technology/ pharmacy/ agriculture/ or its related stream from any recognised university.
- The age should be between 18 - 25 years.

The entrance exam named All India Food Inspector exam. For applying to the test you need to visit the official website of UPSC.
You need to fill the application form for the Food Inspector exam with all the required details and documents. The application forms will be available in the month of August.
If you qualify the exam in merit then you’ll be called for personal interview.
If you qualify in all the rounds then you’ll be given food inspector job.

For more information about notifications, syllabus and application forms visit the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?