14th March 2013, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

How to study mechanical engineering if I am a 12th commerce student?

I am +2 vhse commerce student i want to stdying mechanical enginefr

16th June 2013, 03:39 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to study mechanical engineering if I am a 12th commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am +2 vhse commerce student i want to stdying mechanical enginefr
No It's not possible , your not eligible for Mechanical Engineering , Because your belong from commerce stream . The Mechanical is related to Engineering course . To apply for Mechanical Engineering course, You should complete 12th standard in science stream . Only science stream candidates are eligible for Mechanical Engineering course.

So, Being a commerce stream candidate you're not applicable for Mechanical Engineering Course.

B.E in Mechanical Engineering is an Bachelor degree . The duration of the course is for four years and the course is divided into six semester . There are so many college may offers this Mechanical Engineering course.

To be eligible for a B.Tech. or B.E (Mechanical Engineering course ), students must have completed physics and mathematics in 12th Standard from recognized university with Minimum 60% Percentage of marks are make the candidate applicable for this Course.

The Admission for B.E in Mechanical Engineering is based on Merit list ( ie:- The total marks obtained in Entrance Examination and 12th standard marks ) You should qualified in Entrance Examination like, AIEEE ( All India Engineering Entrance Examination ) / BITSAT ( Birla Institute of Technology and Science Test) etc..

To apply for Entrance Examination you should complete 12th standard in science stream with Minimum 50% percentage of marks from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

The Entrance Examination is based on 12th board Examination and the Examination pattern consist of Physics / Chemistry and Mathematics etc.. You have to go through the Examination pattern for this Entrance Examination .

So, As per the eligibility Criteria your not eligible for Mechanical Engineering course .

Suggestion for you ~~

If you're aspiring to apply for Graduation course, Being a Commerce stream candidate, You may apply for the Graduation courses like, B.com/BBA/BA etc...
16th June 2013, 08:53 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study mechanical engineering if I am a 12th commerce student?

You simply can not take the Mechanical Engineering. Unfortunately the commerce students are not eligible for any Engineering course. If you were interested in Engineering then should have taken Science stream in 12th.

Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the subjects which you must have in 12th to apply for Engineering. It is important to have all the 3 subjects. Since you don't have then Engineering is completely out of the picture.

You can do other courses like Commerce, Management, Law etc. but not Engineering. The big hurdle would be that you will not be allowed to appear for any entrance exam for Engineering.

Neither you can get direct admission since you completed 12th with Commerce stream. Please do consider the options that I have mentioned above for your future course.

You can do Bachelor of Commerce which can be followed by Chartered Accountancy. It is also possible to do Chartered Accountancy right now after finishing 12th standard.

For this you must clear the Common Proficiency Test. However if you completes Bachelor of Commerce with 55 percent marks then there will be no need to give this written test.

Other options as I mentioned include management. You can do Bachelor of Business Administration and follow it by MBA. To apply for MBA you will have to appear for Common Admission Test for which you should have 50 percent marks in graduation.

You can also do computer related courses. If you had Maths as subject in 12th then you can do BCA followed by the MCA. To apply for MCA, Maths is necessary to be one of the subjects in 12th standard.

LLB is also a good option. You can directly apply for the integrated LLB course after finishing 12th. Integrated course includes a bachelor degree like B.Com and the LLB. Which is why the duration of the course is 5 years.

To apply for LLB you will have to appear for the Common Law Admission Test. 12th standard with 45 percent marks is the criteria for the Common Law Admission Test. Apart from that your age should not be more than 20 years.

There are other options as well which you can consider but not Engineering. Please forget about Mechanical Engineering.
30th January 2014, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

How ill become an engineering after complecting 12th commerce
2nd April 2014, 01:19 PM
Unregistered

how much marks we should take in 10th,11th,12th and entrance exams like IIT and AIEEE?
5th May 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 2 commerce and also have ITI background so is this possible to study electrical engg?
7th May 2014, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I am from commerce background student...nd I want to do agriculture engineering is this possible to me..
21st June 2014, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

first do ITI in automobiles o mechanical for two years and go for diploma in mechanical eng if u got gud marks ul gt direct admision fr second year and aftr dat ul gt diploma in enginer den aply fr degree o work as an advisor
5th August 2014, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How to study mechanical engineering if I am a 12th commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How ill become an engineering after complecting 12th commerce
you can do it bro but it will take time because u need to get knowledge of sci. there are many open school which proviode open school learning they will give u marksheet too if u paas u can do 11+12 from there and get in eng. college
all the best
9th August 2014, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

EVERYONE LISTEN U CAND DO ENGJNEERING FROM ANY OPEN UNIVERSITY
28th June 2015, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I completed my hse education in VHSE board Kerala.
Now i am studying BE in Visvesvaraya technological university Karnataka.i wish drop this course and starting my BE studying in anna university TAMIL NADU
i want to know that my mathematics additional subject.its any problem to studying engineering in anna university???
20th April 2016, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
I am siddhi shende I am in 12 commerce std. I am very interesting in meachanic engineering so wat should I do? give me a suggestion... and I am not interesting in commerce
24th April 2016, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

I am siddhi shende. I am in 12 std in commerce. I want to do mechanic engineer. Can I give direct 12th board exam without going to college?
5th January 2018, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

I am applying in class 12 science stream in PCM subject. Please guide me about the entrance exam for B tech and architect.
6th December 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Could I get admission in machnical engineering in Australia with commerce stream ? I have completed all english requirement .
8th April 2021, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a pcb student having maths as additional subject in class 12th and also scored 91 in mathematics
So am I eligible for JEE???
11th August 2021, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Can a commerce student become mechanical engineer please tell me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?