28th June 2012, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give CDS Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in the year of 2008 and with an age of 24 years?

dear sir/mam i am passout my graduation in 2008.i am 24year old & married. Is i am eligible for the cds exam

28th June 2012, 10:50 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CDS Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in the year of 2008 and with an age of 24 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear sir/mam i am passout my graduation in 2008.i am 24year old & married. Is i am eligible for the cds exam
Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for CDS examination .

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for recruitment of following Defence Services :-
  • Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Air force Academy
  • Officer Training Academy

According to the your age limits , you are eligible to apply for Military Academy and Officer Training Academy Examination .

Officer Training Academy :- Those who have passed graduate degree with any desire subject and there is no minimum marks required . Age should be between 19 years and 25 years ( i.e born not earlier than 2nd July , 1988 and not later than 1st July , 1994 ) are eligible to apply .

Military Academy :- Those who have passed graduate degree with any desire subject and there is no minimum marks required . Age should be between 19 years and 24 years ( i.e born not earlier than 2nd July , 1989 and not later than 1st July , 1994 ) are eligible to apply .

CDS (II) notification was already released on 02/06/12 and Last date for receipt of application on 02/07/12 . The examination will be held on 16/09/12 .

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
29th June 2012, 10:27 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give CDS Exam being a candidate having completed Graduation in the year of 2008 and with an age of 24 years?

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE,the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to :-

INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY - Age limit from 19 to 24 years
INDIAN NAVAL ACADEMY - Age limit from 19 to 22 years
INDIAN AIR FORCE ACADEMY - Age limit 19 to 23 years
INDIAN OFFICER'S TRAINING ACADEMY - Age limit 19 to 25 years.

Any Graduate from any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years, is eligible to apply for CDS.

As you are 24 years old you can only apply for Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

Besides these criteria, you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate to be eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy of CDS.

If you have crossed 24 years and married either male or female candidate, you can only apply for Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The registration process for CDS-II 2012 exam is going on now, the last date of receipt of application is 02.07.2012 followed by exam on 16.09.2012.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2013, 02:50 PM
EFDRTG

Combined Defence Service.

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

Eligibility for IMA:-

The candidate should be complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The age limits are 19 years to 24 years.
No age relaxation.

Eligibility for NA:-

The candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognised university.
Percentage is not required.
The age limits are 19 years to 22 years.
No relaxation in age.

Eligibility for IAF:-

Candidate should have to complete bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognised university.
Applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 23 years.
No upper age relaxation.

Eligibility for OTA

The applicant should be complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 25 years.
There is no upper age relaxation.

Selection process:

Written exam,
Personal interview,
Medical test.

Syllabus:

English,
General knowledge,
mathematics.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in
3rd September 2013, 10:07 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

dear aspirants

CDS is 'combined defense service exam,which is an written entrance exam,conduct by upsc twice in year to recruit candidates into defense field.

CDS exam stages=

a)written test

b)service selection board (ssb) interview

c)medical test

d)rigorous training

to be part of CDS ,you must to satisfy yourself with its eligibility criteria which are as follows:==

age limit=

1)IMA=born not earlier than 2nd july 1989 and not later than 1st july 1994.

2)indian naval academy=born not earlier than 2nd july 1991((NCC HOLDER 1989) and not later than 1st july 1994

3)air force academy=born not earlier than 2nd july 1990 and not later than 1st july 1994.

QUALIFICATION=indian army=any bachelor degree from a recognized university

for indian navy and air force=degree in engineering or bachelor degree in mathematics and physics.

must be mentally and physically fit and fine.

should not have any disease and disability .

must be unmarried

gender=men and women

nationality=indian

height for men=157 cm and for women is 153 cm (minimum)

vision=6/6 or 6/12 with or with out glasses

free from infection and disorders

the exam updates on can get by visiting the website =www.upsc.gov.in

"Do not lower your goals to the height of your abilities. Instead, heighten your abilities to the level of your goals "
good luck

thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?