22nd September 2011, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing my final year of Graduation?

sir,i was born on 27th dec 1993 ,and i m in last year of my graduation .i want to give the exam of cds ... m i eligible for that or not???? plz give me the whole detail about it...i m so much confuse so plzzzzzzzzzzz..
thank u

5th November 2011, 06:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing my final year of Graduation?

Yes you can apply for the CDS exam if you are in the final year graduation. The minimum eligibility criterion for applying for the CDS exam is a graduation. The final year graduates can also apply provided that they are able to submit the graduation certificates at the time of selection if they get short listed. You can apply once you are over 19 years. The maximum age may differ according to the various defense wings for which you are applying to.
6th November 2011, 11:33 AM
gurinderjeet

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing my final year of Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,i was born on 27th dec 1993 ,and i m in last year of my graduation .i want to give the exam of cds ... m i eligible for that or not???? plz give me the whole detail about it...i m so much confuse so plzzzzzzzzzzz..
thank u
You cannot apply for CDS exams 2011, you are underage for this year.
You can certainly try next year for this exam.
If you are keen to join the defence wing of our country, this year u can still try for NDA exams. Best of luck
31st January 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS Exam being a candidate pursuing my final year of Graduation?

sir, My D.O.B. is 01/04/1992 and i am pursuing 12th from medical science after that what should i do to be lieutenant.
11th February 2012, 06:41 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR FRIEND,

YES,you are eligible for CDS exam.

best of luck
12th February 2012, 09:53 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thank u
CDS means Combined Defence Service examination.

This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for recruitment of followings defences services :-

>>Indian Military Academy
>>Indian Naval Academy
>>Indian Air force Academy
>>Officer Training Academy

Eligibility Criteria :-

Indian Military Academy :- You should be completed your bachelor's degree in any desire subject from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply.Your age should be between 19 years and 24 years.

Indian Naval Academy :- You should be completed your bachelor's degree in any desire subject or Bachelor's of engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of bachelor's degree may also eligible to apply.Your age should be between 19 years and 22 years.

Indian Air force Academy :- You should be completed your bachelor's degree in physics and mathematics at 12th level or Bachelor's of engineering from a recognized University or equivalent qualification and final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply.Your age should be between 19 years and 23 years.

Officer Training Academy :- You must have a completed your graduate degree in any desire subject from a recognized University and final year of degree may also eligible to apply.Your age should be between 19 years to 25 years.

Important dates for CDS I (2012) :-
  • Date of Notification :- 29.10.11
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 28.11.11
  • Date of examination :- 12.02.12

Important dates for CDS II (2012) :-
  • Date of Notification :- 02.06.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12
  • Date of examination :- 16.09.12

More details,Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
12th February 2012, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
thank u

After completion of your graduation degree you are applicable for CDS exam .Final year student also applicable for CDS exam.

CDS means Combined Defence Service exam which is conduct twice time in a year through SSB.

UPSC conduct CDS exam .IMA department is a part of CDS exam so if you have cleared the CDS exam then you are applicable for IMA exam.

CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age-limits:

19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-22 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

PATTERN FOR CDS EXAM:

PHYSICAL CRITERIA FOR CDS EXAM

BEST BOOKS FOR CDS EXAM

C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012

• Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 02.06.2012/02.07.2012
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 16.09.2012

C.D.S. EXAM.(I), 2012

• Date of Notification/Last date for receipt of applications: 29.10.2011/28.11.2011
  • Date of Commencement of examination and its duration: 12.02.2012
For more details about CDS exam please CLICK HERE

I have attached the Question Paper of CDS exam so Please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (Elementary Maths).pdf(641.5 KB, 59 views)
File Type: pdf CDSE II 2010 (English).pdf(507.5 KB, 51 views)
12th February 2012, 11:57 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for CDS-II 2012 exam as you are a final year graduate student.

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to:-

Indian Army Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy
Indian Officer's Training Academy

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appeared for the final graduation degree exam or passed from any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years can apply for CDS.

The candidate having Physics, chemistry and Mathematics is eligible to apply for all four wings of CDS but candidate having no aforementioned subjects is only be eligible for Indian Officer's Training Academy and Army Academy of CDS.

If you are interested for CDS then you can appear CDS-II 2012 exam which will be held in the month of September 2012.

For more information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e.www.upsc.gov.in
12th February 2012, 12:11 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

ELIGIBILITY for CDSE.

1,MINIMUM QUALIFICATION

Graduated from recognized university

2.AGE

19 TO 24 yrs

3.NOTIFICATION DATE

may
october

4.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT

A Candidate should be physically fit

5.MARITAL STATUS

Unmarried

CDSE selection process is of 3 stages:

1. Written Exam (conduct by UPSC)

2. SSB Interview ( CONDUCT by Services Selection Board).

3. Medical Test (conduct by SMB)

Written Exam PATTERN

CDSE Syllabus:

English 100 QUESTIONS
It includes;
This section deals on words, grammar and usage, structure of English language etc.

General Knowledge: 100 QUESTIONS
It includes;
General Knowledge, including knowledge of current events of everyday observation, History of India, geography etc.

Elementary Mathematics: 100 QUESTIONS
It includes;
Arithmetic, Unitary method, Elementary Number Theory, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and Mensuration etc.

for further information visit their website

www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2012, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am complete my post graduation in 2012. and my D.O.B 23july 1987, can i apply for cds or IMA. pls send me ans.
my e-mail [email protected]
29th April 2012, 03:12 PM
mithu ashi
Member+

Yes you are eligible for C.D.S. examination.
A graduate candidate or a final year candidate who is doing graduation can apply for this examination.
Only passing mark is required in graduation.

Eligibility:-

AGE CRITERIA:-
For INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY:- 19-24 YEARS
FOR NAVAL ACADEMY:- 19-22 YEARS
FOR AIR FORCE ACADEMY:- 19-23 YEARS
FOR OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY:- 19-25 YEARS

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:-
INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY:-
Candidates must have completed a degree from a recognized university.
NAVAL ACADEMY:-
Candidates must completed B.Sc. degree with Physics & Mathematics as main subjects from a a recognized university.
Candidates who have done Engineering course are also eligible to apply.
AIR FORCE ACADEMY:-
Candidates must be a degree holder.
Candidates should have also passed 10+2 level with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY:-
Candidate must be a graduate degree holder.

MARITAL STATUS:-
INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY, NAVAL ACADEMY, AIR FORCE ACADEMY:- UNMARRIED MALE CANDIDATES
OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY:- BOTH FOR MALE & FEMALE CANDIDATES.

C.D.S (I) IS ALREADY OVER. YOU CAN APPLY FOR C.D.S.(II)

C.D.S. (2) EXAM DATES:-
Date of notification:-02.06.2012
Last date for form submission:-02.07.2012
Date of exam:-16.09.2012
30th April 2012, 05:13 PM
Krish1111

hi,
you can eligible for cds exams
cds1: already closed applications,
cds2: date of notification on 02/jun/2012
last date for submission 02/jul/2012
exam date : 16/sep/2012

For INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY 19-24
FOR NAVAL ACADEMY 19-22
FOR AIR FORCE ACADEMY 19-23
FOR OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY 19-25 YEARS
all the best...
4th June 2012, 01:03 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination. The combined defence service examination is conducted 2 times in a year by the union public service commission. This examination is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Air force, Army and Navy. The eligibility required for the combined defence service examination is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidate applying for the combined defence service examination should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the combined defence service examination.
Candidate applying for the Indian Air force and Navy should have physics and maths at 10+2.

Age Limit
Indian Military Academy 18-24 Years
Air Force Academy 19-25Years
Naval Academy 19-22 Years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 Years

Exam pattern

For more information on combined defence service examination you can also visit at the below given web site:
www.upsc.gov.in

4th June 2012, 01:12 AM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

As you have asked for the information regarding the CDS exam i have mentioned them below:

CDS- Combine Defence Service examination.

The exam is conducted by UPSC and it is done twice in a year.

The eligibilty criteria for CDS exam are:

For Indian Military academy:

Only unmarried male candidates with 19-24 years are eligible.

For Naval academy:

Only unmarried male candidates with 19-22 years are eligible.

For Air force academy:

Only unmarried male candidates with 19-23 years are eligible.

For Officers training academy:

Married or unmarried male candidates with 19-25 years are eligible.Unmarried women,issueless widows who have not remarried are also eligible.

The education criteria for CDS exam is mentioned below:

For Military and Officers training academy:

A degree from a recognized university is needed.

For Indian Naval Academy:

A degree in the field of engineering is needed.

For Air force academy:

A degree from a recognized university with physics and maths at 10 and 12 level or a degree is needed.

Thank you.

3rd September 2013, 02:44 PM
EFDRTG

Combined Defence Service.

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

Eligibility for IMA:-

The candidate should be complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The age limits are 19 years to 24 years.
No age relaxation.

Eligibility for NA:-

The candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognised university.
Percentage is not required.
The age limits are 19 years to 22 years.
No relaxation in age.

Eligibility for IAF:-

Candidate should have to complete bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognised university.
Applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 23 years.
No upper age relaxation.

Eligibility for OTA

The applicant should be complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 25 years.
There is no upper age relaxation.

Selection process:

Written exam,
Personal interview,
Medical test.

Syllabus:

English,
General knowledge,
mathematics.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?