28th February 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if completed B.A.(Economics)?

Hello
I have completed my BA degree in Economics.
Kindly tell me that I am eligible for CDS exam or not?
Please reply as soon as possible
Thank you in advance

1st March 2015, 08:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CDS exam if completed B.A.(Economics)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have completed my BA degree in Economics.
Kindly tell me that I am eligible for CDS exam or not?
Please reply as soon as possible
Thank you in advance
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam because you have completed B.A in Economics.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19-23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19-22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years

CDS exam books:-

Pathfinder CDS: Combined Defence Services Entrance Examination
by Sanjeev Jain, Amit Rastogi, Atul Sharma, Digvijay Singh, Preeti Gupta, Prashant Kumar, Balmukud Singh
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Combined Defence Services Examination: 10 Practice Sets
by Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

CDS Exam Guide: Combined Defence Services Exam
Author: Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition
Author: Atul Bhardwaj
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education

CDS Exam Guide 1st Edition
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

For more details about CDS exam and application process, you can visit to the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st March 2015, 09:27 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Yeah definitely, you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination. CDS Examination is conducted twice in a year by UPSC. CDS I Examination has already over. CDS II Exam notification will be released soon. You can expect the notification in the month of July or August in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper.

As per your qualification, you are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy Examination and Officer Training Academy Examination. You are ineligible to apply for Naval Academy and Air Force Academy.

Military Academy Eligibility Criteria :-

-Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree from a recognized University.
-Candidate must have a minimum 19 years of age and maximum 24 years of age.
-Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
-Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

Exam Pattern :

-General Knowledge
-English Language
-Elementary Mathematics

Officer Training Academy Eligibility Criteria :-

-Candidate should have passed bachelor's degree from a recognized University.
-Candidate must have a minimum 19 years of age and maximum 25 years of age.
-Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for this examination.
-Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply.

Exam Pattern :

-General Knowledge
-English Language
1st March 2015, 01:39 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy cadres. And sorry to say that you are not eligible for Naval Academy and Air Force Academy cadre. CDS (Combined Defense Services) is an Entrance Examination conducted by "Union Public Service Commission" for admission into several cadets namely Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy cadets. The detailed Educational qualification required are given below,

>> For Indian Military Academy - Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

>> For Officer Training Academy - Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent

>> For Naval Academy - B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics (Or) Bachelor of Engineering

>> For Air Force Academy - B.Sc with Physics and/ Or Mathematics Or Bachelor of Engineering

Since you have completed B.A (Economics) which is a Graduate program, you are eligible to apply for "Indian Military Academy" and "Officer Training Academy" cadets and NOT for other two cadets.
1st March 2015, 04:22 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:-

1. For applying the CDS exam candidates should be an Citizen of India, Subject of Bhutan, Subject of Nepal. Aspirants in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. a period before the result is declared.

2. Age limit for CDS exams

19-24 Years Indian Military Academy
19-24 Years Naval Academy
19-23 Years Air Force Academy
19-25 Years Officers’ Training Academy

3. Candidates appearing at the degree or equivalent examination also eligible to compete. Such candidates will be required to submit the proof of passing the requisite qualifying examination by a date to be specified in the Commission’s Notice for the Examination.

4. Applicants are selected based on the qualifying marks they get in written examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. And after that applicants will be allowed to participate intelligence test, physical test and personality test etc.

And only eligible candidates will be appointed even though they get the qualifying marks.

5. The applicants must be physically fit as per physicals standards for seeking admission to the Combined Defence Services Examination.
1st March 2015, 08:17 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

CDS - Combined Defence Service exam for recruiting the intelligent and confident people for vacancies in the Defence services.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be either Indian or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

For IMA and OTA :

* Candidate should possess graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University.

For INA :

* Candidate should have Degree in Engineering.

For Air Force Academy :

* Candidate should have passed 12th standard with Mathematics and Physics as subjects.

* Candidate should have a degree from a recognized University.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?