27th March 2013, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

How to join ISRO after class 12th?

sir i read in class 12.i want to be a astronomer. please tell me how can i join isro after class 12 in detailes.

27th May 2013, 02:03 PM
a k 47

Default Re: How to join ISRO after class 12th?

FRIEND,

Sorry to say that after 12th standard you are not eligible for ISRO.If you have completed B-TECH or BSC in physics then you are applicable for ISRO exam.

Every year ISRO select the candidate in one process those are qualify GATE exam with good score are called for direct interview.

And 2 nd option , first you have to cleared written exam then you will be called for interview.

Those candidate have completed B-TECH degree or final year student are eligible for ISRO exam.

but your graduation marks must be above 65% .

The age criteria is given below-

For general candidate - 35 years
For OBC candidate - 38 years
For SC/ST candidate -40 years.

Thanku
25th June 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

did sst subject need to join isro
24th November 2013, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

sir iam a plus two student.which are the courses provided to us in isro?
2nd May 2014, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

sir I am now studied physic, chemistry & maths. so for studying B-tech, what subject should I take?
7th March 2015, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

Iam a plusone student studying science.Iam very interested to join ISRO.so please suggest some ways to follow otherthan engineering.
24th March 2015, 12:19 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

There may be multiple ways through which one can enter in ISRO but i know one way and i am telling you that.
After 12th you have to graduation or particularly say B.tech and then if you complete your B.tech with at least 72% then you can fill the form of ISRO and you have to give one written examination.

NOTE:-Your B.tech stream should be EC, Electrical, Mechanical or Computer science.

After clearing that examination you have to appear for interview and once you clear the interview you can join ISRO as a scientist.
24th March 2015, 01:57 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

After intermediate, there is an Exam that is conducted by ISRO. You can prepare for that if you are interested for ISRO. Its really difficult to crack that(difficult than JEE) as the competition is cut throat but if you have the passion then you wont be stopped by anything.

If that chance is missed then, you can pursue engineering or B.SC and after that also there are various entries that ISRO offers on regular basis. So, you can plan for that also. Apart from ISRO, there are also research organisations like DRDO which also take engineering graduates after their b.tech. Though, it mainly deals as a R&D department for army but for a research person it can also be a good opportunity.

So, I would advise you to consider all your cards before playing a move.
24th March 2015, 09:28 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi Guest,

To Join ISRO you have to appear for ISRO Junior Scientist/Engineer examination.

To become eligible for the exam below criteria needs to be fulfilled.

1. Candidate have to pass B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics stream from any UGC recognized University.

2. Candidate have to score at least 60% in B.Tech.

3. Age must be within 21 to 30 years.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

* Written Test.

* Interview.

* Medical Test.

Written test examination generally took place in the month of June every year.Toal 80 MCQ types question are their each contains 3 marks.To clear the written test candidate have to score greater than cutoff marks.

So you Join B.Tech either in ECE or ME then can apply for ISRO.

All the Best.
25th March 2015, 09:50 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Please note that

# ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organization.

# You presently cannot join the ISRO merely after 10+2.

# You are required one of the following educational qualification:

* B.Tech degree
* B.Sc (Physics & Mathematics)

# You have to wait until the completion of bachelor degree in one of the above mentioned educational qualification.

# The selection process of ISRO Examination includes:

* Competitive Written Examination
* Personal Interview

# Candidates who have scored good GATE score are directly invited for Interview without undergoing through Written Examination as they are exempted from written examination.

# Other candidates who are B.Sc (Physics & Mathematics) OR with low GATE score or have not appeared in GATE are compulsorily required to attend the Written Examination.
25th March 2015, 11:35 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

After 12th class, you can get admission in B.Tech course proffer by ISRO by its educational institute that is IIST ( Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology ). IIST is a deemed university recognized by UGC.

Course offered by IIST are :
  • B.Tech. ( AEROSPACE ENGINEERING )
  • B.Tech. ( AVIONICS )
  • B.Tech. ( PHYSICAL SCIENCES )

Eligibility to get admission in B.Tech courses :

Nationality : Candidate must be citizen of India.

Educational Qualification : Candidate must passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognised Board. Candidate must have secure minimum 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Also there is relaxation of 10% marks for SC/ST and Physically handicapped candidates.

In order to take admission candidate have to pass Joint Engineering Exam of ISAT with good score.

Fee for application form :

Male ( Gen and OBC ) : Rs.600/-
Female ( Gen and OBC ) : Rs. 300/-
SC/ST/PD candidates : Rs. 300/-

Selection Procedure :
  • Written Exam
  • Interview

Written exam consists of question from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidate must have to secure more than 60% marks in written exam as well as Interview.

Address:
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram – 695 547, Kerala
28th March 2015, 06:58 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

There are various options to join the ISRO after the 12th class, But you should be a graduate candidate to join the ISRO(Indian Space and Research organisation) where you could be a graduate of - B.tech, B.sc, M.sc, M.tech or having the higher educational qualification as like others ISRO also gives the notifications of the recruitment for that you can apply after you fulfill all the educational as well as other qualification.

Selection in ISRO is on the base of a written exam and after it Interview is held for the candidates selected in the written exam.

Main subjects of the written exam are Physics, Chemistry and mathematics.you can also join the course after the 12th of IIST which is also preferred by the ISRO. main courses in theis University are -
Aeronautics engineering

Aviation engineering

Bachelor of physical sciences

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?