20th December 2010, 03:03 PM
sra1

Am I eligible for GPAT exam if scored 60% in Graduation?

sir i had an average 60% in Graduation. So am i eligible for GPAT exam?

21st December 2010, 05:51 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GPAT exam if scored 60% in Graduation?

There is no minimum percentage requirement. So 60% is fine. Make sure you score well in the entrance exam so that you can get admission in a good institute.
21st December 2010, 11:13 AM
amahajan

Smile Re: Am I eligible for GPAT exam if scored 60% in Graduation?

HII
you have asked about GPAT exam that is graduate pharmacy test. as you have not mentioned that in which stream you did your graduation therefore i would like to tell you that a B.Pharma graduate is eligible for GPAT exam. i am giving you a link where you can find all details of GPAT. Here is the link

http://www.gpat.in/index.php?gpat=information
21st December 2010, 03:18 PM
sdeepika.b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra1 View Post
GPAT 2011 Eligibility

Persons holding Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 Years after 10+2) or appearing in the Final Year examination of B.Pharmacy (4 Years after 10+2) in the Year 2011 only are eligible for appearing for GPAT 2011 examination.

GPAT Test 2011 Important Dates

GPAT 2011 Online Application website opens -Monday, 17th January 2011
GPAT 2011 Online Application website closes -Monday, 21st February 2011

Date of GPAT 2011 Examination Sunday, 8th May 2011

u r absolutely eligible and aggregate 60% is enough

for details
http://www.winentrance.com/entrance_...Test-GPAT.html
22nd December 2010, 11:28 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea you are eligible for GPAT examination if you had minimum of 60% marks in graduation. actually minimum marks required to appear in GPAT examination is 50%.

here i am giving the syllabus of GPAT examination. check it out.

Syllabus for GPAT-2010 Examination – Given below is the syllabus for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT 2010) being conducted for admission to M.Pharma in Colleges and Universities

Natural Products :

Pharmacognosy & Phytochemistry – Chemistry, tests, isolation, characterization and estimation of phytopharmaceuticals belonging to the group of Alkaloids, Glycosides, Terpenoids, Ster oids, Bioflavanoids, Purines, Guggul lipids. Pharmacognosy of crude drugs that contain the above constituents. Standardization of raw materials and herbal products. WHO guidelines. Quantitative microscopy including modern techniques used for evaluation. Biotechnological principles and techniques for plant development, Tissue culture.

Pharmacology :

General pharmacological principles including Toxicology. Drug interaction. Pharmacology of drugs acting on Central nervous system, Cardiovascular system, Autonomic nervous system, Gastro intestinal system and Respiratory system. Pharmacology of Autocoids, Hormones, Hormone antagonists, chemotherapeutic agents including anticancer drugs. Bioassays, Immuno Pharmacology. Drugs acting on the blood & blood forming organs. Drugs acting on the renal system.

Medicinal Chemistry :

Structure, nomenclature, classification, synthesis, SAR and metabolism of the following category of drugs, which are official in Indian Pharmacopoeia and British Pharmacopoeia. Introduction to drug design. Stereochemistry of drug molecules. Hypnotics and Sedatives, Analgesics, NSAIDS, Neuroleptics, Antidepressants, Anxiolytics, Anticonvulsants, Antihistaminics, Local Anaesthetics, Cardio Vascular drugs – Antianginal agents Vasodilators, Adrenergic & Cholinergic drugs, Cardiotonic agents, Diuretics, Anti-hypertensive drugs, Hypoglycemic agents, Antilipedmic agents, Coagulants, Anticoagulants, Antiplatelet agents. Chemotherapeutic agents – Antibiotics, Antibacterials, Sulphadrugs. Antiprotozoal drugs, Antiviral, Antitubercular, Antimalarial, Anticancer, Antiamoebic drugs. Diagnostic agents. Preparation and storage and uses of official Radiopharmaceuticals, Vitamins and Hormones. Eicosanoids and their application.

Pharmaceutics :

Development, manufacturing standards Q.C. limits, labeling, as per the pharmacopoeial requirements. Storage of different dosage forms and new drug delivery systems. Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics and their importance in formulation. Formulation and preparation of cosmetics – lipstick, shampoo, creams, nail preparations and dentifrices. Pharmaceutical calculations.

Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence :

Drugs and cosmetics Act and rules with respect to manufacture, sales and storage. Pharmacy Act. Pharmaceutical ethics.

Pharmaceutical Analysis :

Principles, instrumentation and applications of the following: Absorption spectroscopy (UV, visible & IR). Fluorimetry, Flame photometry, Potentiometry. Conductometry and Polarography. Pharmacopoeial assays. Principles of NMR, ESR, Mass spectroscopy. X-ray diffraction analysis and different chromatographic methods.

Biochemistry :

Biochemical role of hormones, Vitamins, Enzymes, Nucleic acids, Bioenergetics. General principles of immunology. Immunological. Metabolism of carbohydrate, lipids, proteins. Methods to determine, kidney & liver function. Lipid profiles.

Microbiology :

Principles and methods of microbiological assays of the Pharmacopoeia. Methods of preparation of official sera and vaccines. Serological and diagnostics tests. Applications of microorganisms in Bio Conversions and in Pharmaceutical industry.

Clinical Pharmacy :

Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Dosage regimen in Pregnancy and Lactation, Pediatrics and Geriatrics. Renal and hepatic impairment. Drug – Drug interactions and Drug – food interactions, Adverse Drug reactions. Medication History, interview and Patient counseling.

best wishes.
22nd December 2010, 12:00 PM
rajasekar jegatha

hi ya ...

for gpat exam Persons who holding Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) or appearing in the Final year examination of B. Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) in the year 2010 only are eligible for appearing for GPAT-2010 examination. minimum 60% is needs to get good college

all the best for your bright feature
22nd December 2010, 03:54 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Am I eligible for GPAT exam if scored 60% in Graduation?

yeah you are eligible for GPAT examination even if you scored 50%.you must apply for it bcoz it is very good for you............
all the best
22nd December 2010, 04:02 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

yes you are eligible as the eligiblity criteria for appearing GPAT exam is you must have complete a degree of 4years there is no percentage requirement but you need to be clear it.
The exam of GPAT will be of one paper. The time allotted will be 3 hours. There will be 100 questions of 1 mark each i.e whole question paper will consists of 100 marks. All questions will be multiple choice types i.e for each question there will be 4 choices. For each incorrect answer, 1/3 mark would be deducted.
22nd December 2010, 04:07 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,
Minimum requirement of marks is 50%,and you have 60% so you are absolutely eligible for GPAT...
22nd December 2010, 05:38 PM
jitendradagrt

yes you are eligible for GPAT exam and they except 60 % in graduation and they want bachelor degree in pharmacy and for more information log on to

www.gpat.info
22nd December 2010, 07:42 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
You do not need to worry at all as with that percentage you will be eligible for the GPAT exam.Here is the eligibility criteria along with the important dates for the GPAT-2011.

Candidates with a Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2,including lateral entry candidates after D.Pharmacy) are eligible for the GPAT.Candidates in the final year are alos eligible.

Please note that the syllabus for the GPAT-2011 has been revised and you can get all the relevant informations from www.gpat.in.

The important dates for GPAT-2011 are-:

Online Application begins on = 17th January 2011 (Monday).

Online Application closes on = 21st February 2011 (Monday)

Last date for receipt of the printout of application along with the other documents = 28th February 2011 (Monday)

Date of Examination = 8th May 2011.(Sunday, 14.00-17.00 Hrs)

Result Declaration = 31st May 2011.
22nd December 2010, 08:36 PM
sindhusweety

yes, 60% is ok and you are eligible for GPAT. but prepare well for that to get good university
22nd December 2010, 08:43 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Yes Definately you are eligible for GPAT 2011 Entrance examinations.

60% marks is enough in the Bacholar degree to appear in the GPAT examinations.

GPAT 2011 Eligibility -

If a Candidate Pass in your Bacholar degree of pharmacy are eligible for appearing for GPAT 2011 examination.

So, you are eligible for GPAT exams, because ou have scored good marks in your Bacholar degree.

Important Dates -

GPAT Pharmacy 2011 Examination will be conducted on 08th May, 2011.

GPAT 2011 Online Application website opens Monday, 17th January 2011

GPAT 2011 Online Application website closes Monday, 21st February 2011

Last date of receipt of photo, signature, Bank challan as a proof of payment
for examination fees along with the printout of application Monday, 28th February 2011

Date of GPAT 2011 Examination Sunday, 8th May 2011.
22nd December 2010, 08:51 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Hi,

The criteria is that the candidates are eligible to appear for GPAT-2011 who have Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) and those who are in the final year of B.Pharmacy course.
23rd December 2010, 03:59 AM
Unregistered

is msc biotech student are eligible for GPAT
23rd December 2010, 06:37 PM
rajasekar jegatha

yes you are eligible for it .. minimum 60% is enuf for it

the upcoming exam is held on
Last date for issue of Application Form at :
Bank Counters (during the Bank timings) 22nd February, 2010
The M.S. University of Baroda, Vadodara (11:00 am to 05:00 pm) 1st March, 2010
Last date for receipt of completed OMR Application Form along with Pay-in sleep
at GPAT Offfice, The M.S.University of Baroda, Vadodara (upto 05:00 pm) 12th March, 2010

Date of GAPT 2010 Examination (2:00 - 5:00 pm) 2nd May 2010

all the best
23rd December 2010, 06:52 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GPAT exam if scored 60% in Graduation?

Good evening ,

I am glad to say that you are eligible for GPAT 2011 entrance exam

definately 60% marks are enough for GPAT entrance exam

I am giving you some detail of GPAT entrance exam :

*First of all you must have a bachlor degree in pharmacy with atleast 60% marks than only you are eligible for GPAT entrance exam.

* The onlineform will be available on website with effect from 17 Jan 2011
to 21 Feb 2011

* The exam will be conducted on 08 May 2011

* The copy of filled form along with photo, bank challan form as a proof for examination fee should reach to GPAT office latest by 28 Feb 2011

Best wishes............
15th January 2011, 06:14 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

eligible for GPAT exam if scored 60% in Graduation
you have asked about GPAT exam that is graduate pharmacy test. as you have not mentioned that in which stream you did your graduation therefore i would like to tell you that a B.Pharma graduate is eligible for GPAT exam. i am giving you a link where you can find all details of GPAT. Here is the link

http://www.gpat.in/index.php?gpat=information

good luck
21st January 2011, 03:50 PM
mychandru024

Yes, you are very much eligible to take GPAT exam. so,go ahead... ALL THE BEST.
31st January 2011, 06:33 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
You are eligible for GPAT exam because because the eligibility criteria for GPAT is Bachelor Degree in pharmacy. If you have 60% in graduation then you are eligible. The important date of GPAT is
1. Online application from 17 January to 21 February 2011.
2. Last date of receipt of print out application is 28th February 2011.
3. Date of examination is 8th may 2011.
all the best.
15th September 2011, 01:29 PM
saugata2008

Eligibility criteria for GPAT exam -
Candidate should have four years graduation degree from any recognized university with Pharmacy .The final year students are also can apply for the exam .Minimum percentage required for the exam is 50% .

So as you have 60% in graduation then you are eligible for the exam .
But one thing keep in mind , it is a highly competitive exam and the cut off mark is 1/3 .
So prepare yourself and work heard .

Thank you
26th October 2011, 02:30 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra1 View Post
hii friend...here is the eligibility criteria for GPAT examination.........

Bachelor’s degree holders in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) and those who are in the final year of B.Pharmacy course are eligible for appearing in GPAT examination.

so you are eligible for GPAT examination..
30th October 2011, 06:01 PM
leo-rocks

of course dear,you are eligible for GPAT exam.because its minimum eligibility is- Candidate should have four years graduation degree from any recognized university with Pharmacy .The final year students are also can apply for the exam .Minimum percentage required for the exam is 50% .

So as you have 60% in graduation then you are eligible for the exam .

thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?