21st July 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT JEE after pursuing 12th from private?

can a student be eligible for iit_jee who is persuing (10+2) through private

22nd July 2011, 01:59 AM
umathkavi

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after pursuing 12th from private?

Yes, you may apply for IIT JEE even though you are pursuing 12th through private.
There is no restriction that a privatee student cannot apply for IIT JEE.
22nd July 2011, 02:49 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friend,
If the Institution through which you are pursuing 10+2 is a recognized Institution and if you can get 60% or more marks then surely you can apply for the IITJEE examiantion.
To apply for the IITJEE examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks in class 12th.
A general candidate can appear two times in the IITJEE examination.

Best Wishes....
22nd July 2011, 12:38 PM
vandana.12

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after pursuing 12th from private?

Quote:
To appear in IIT JEE , one of the most reputed competitive examination for

engineering , you must have passed 10+2 from a recognized university or

equivalent with physics , chemistry and mathematics and scored at least

60% marks at 10+2 level.

Appearing candidates can also apply.

So you can definetely seat in IIT JEE if your school/college, from where you

are doing your 10+2, is affiliated to a recognized university.

best wishes
22nd July 2011, 01:50 PM
Tribhuwankumar1990

yes,a student who is persuing(10+2) through private is eligible for the exam
i am hereby providing you details about the eligibility of qualifying examination for your reference-

Qualifying Examination:

Candidates applying for JEE 2012 should have either passed after October 1, 2009, or should be appearing in IIT JEE 2012 in any one of the following qualifying examinations.
1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
3. Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University.
6. Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in any foreign country recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to the 10+2 system.
7. H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 or 4-year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination. The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling. In case such a certificate is not provided by the candidate, then the decision of the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2011 regarding his/her eligibility shall be final.
22nd July 2011, 01:52 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

yea obviously you are eligible for IIT JEE examination. may be your institution is private but it must be government registered. student those are completed 12th with subject physics, chemistry and mathematics from any government institution or government registered private institution are eligible for IIT JEE examination. student those are appearing in board examination in that year are also eligible to appear in that year.

your institution may be private but i think your institution muster under some board like CBSE or ISC or any state board. the students from that board must be eligible for IIT JEE so you must be eligible for IIT JEE.

but along this you have to fulfill other eligibility criterion also like your age criterion, number of attempt limitation etc. when you are applying for IIT JEE examination just go through the information brochure along with the application form you will got details about various eligibility criterion and other information from the information brochure.

best of luck.
22nd July 2011, 02:51 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
if your board through which you have done 12th class is government recognized, then you are surely eligible for giving the iit jee exam.
for cracking iit jee exam, not only hard work is required but strategy is also required for preparation. you must first study from ncert books to clear your concept. after that i will suggest you to study from
tata mcgraw hills for maths
d c pandey for physics
arihant for chemistry
you must also for once try to solve all the previous years question papers to get the knowledge of pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
while solving the sample papers, never see the solution directly. first try to solve the questions by yourself two to three times. if then also you fail, then see the solution.
you must remember these tips to get good result.
good luck.
22nd July 2011, 03:13 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To be eligible for IIT Joint Entrance Exam, you must have qualified +2 level of examination from a recognized central or state board.
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to general category is 25 years.
The maximum age limit for candidates belonging to SC/ST category is 30 years.
For more information, refer to the official website of IIT JEE.
22nd July 2011, 03:35 PM
sanjeev26

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible to appear in IIT JeE, AIEEE, bitsat, & all undergraduate engineering exam if you have physics, Chemistry, & math in 12th.
22nd July 2011, 04:07 PM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
any candidate must have passed 12 from a recognized institution or university with a minimum of 60% marks in order to appear in IIT-JEE.
keep in mind that you get only two attempts to appear in this exam....
so make sure that you prepare well for the exam....
all the best
22nd July 2011, 04:08 PM
kritika@Hans

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IIT JEE after pursuing 12th from private?

hi friend
any candidate must have passed 12 from a recognized institution or university with a minimum of 60% marks in order to appear in IIT-JEE.
keep in mind that you get only two attempts to appear in this exam....
so make sure that you prepare well for the exam....
all the best
22nd July 2011, 04:11 PM
genius_911

you have done 12th from private institution.. you will be eligible for IIT-JEE examination if your institution is certified by the government and also if you belong to maths stream with subjects maths, physics and chemistry in your 12th class..
22nd July 2011, 04:48 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

IIT-JEE is one of the prestigious exam for the engineering students who wants to take admission to the IIT's the best colleges in the nation.It is conducted once a year in a month of may .

Yes you are eligible to take a IITJEE exam but for that you school should be registered to the government only then you will be able to take exam.Schools who offer private course must be approved by the CBSE DELHI or any other board only then you will be able to take exam.

Eligibility for IIT JEE EXAM::

You must have completed your class 12th .
If you are studying in class12th even then you can fill the form and can take exam.
Only those candidates who have passed their class 12th in 2011 will be eligible for the exam.

So if you full fill above criteria then you can appear for IIT JEE 2011 exam .
Maximum limit to take the exam is two and these two attempts should be consecutive.
22nd July 2011, 09:56 PM
vasanth dhoni

Hello

By meaning that you write the exam privately,
i understand that you mean you write 12th exam without going to school.

You are ofcourse eligible.

Eligibilities:

1. A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

2.Candidates should have either passed the qualifying examination in the year of the test or the year previous to it.

3.Candidates should NOT have accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the IITs, IT-BHU, Varanasi or ISMU, Dhanbad, through earlier JEE.

4.Qualifying Examination:

Candidates applying for JEE 2012 should have either passed after October 1, 2009, or should be appearing in IIT JEE 2012 in any one of the following qualifying examinations.

5.Eligibility Criteria in Qualifying Examination:

Candidates belonging to General (GE), Other Backward Classes (OBC) and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their Qualifying Examination.
Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Physically Disabled (PD) categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the Qualifying Examination.

ALL THE BEST
22nd July 2011, 10:06 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

hi,
you are eligible for the iit jee.
the only qualification required is passing 12 .
as you have passed you are eligible.
23rd July 2011, 01:40 PM
aroy8091

dear friend

yes you can apply for the iit although you have completed your 12th from private institute but it must be govt registered

best of luck
31st July 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared the qualifying examination of iit jee with required marks in 2010.i have never attempted iit jee.can i appear in 2012. My birth is 1992.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?