9th September 2012, 02:44 PM
vijeeshvijayan642@gmail

Am I eligible for Indian Army if I am 21 years old?

Respected sir,
. I'm a 21 years old boy who want to join the indian army.sir I'm 160cm tall, am I eligible? it was from my childhood dream to serve our nation as an ARMY officer.For these I'm working hard & so I want to know the selection process & want to know what I want to do while prepairing for these

. . . . your's faithfully

16th September 2012, 03:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Army if I am 21 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijeeshvijayan642@gmail View Post
Respected sir,
. I'm a 21 years old boy who want to join the indian army.sir I'm 160cm tall, am I eligible? it was from my childhood dream to serve our nation as an ARMY officer.For these I'm working hard & so I want to know the selection process & want to know what I want to do while prepairing for these

. . . . your's faithfully

It is good to see that you are Interested to Join Indian Army and to Join Army, there are lots of Entries, But you have to apply for the entry as per your qualification and as per your age. These are the entries to Join Indian Army:

=> National Defence Academy: You are not eligible for this examination because only unmarried male candidates not more than 19 years are apply for NDA, But you are already 21 years of Age, that's why you are not eligible for this examination.

=> Combined Defence Academy: You are eligible to apply for this examination at the age of 21 years, but you can apply only when you have completed your Graduate degree course from a recognized University. You can choose Indian Military Academy/Officer's Training Academy as your preference after graduation.

For IMA, your age should between 19 to 24 years
For OTA, your age should between 19 to 25 years.

Notification Published twice in a year and you can apply online for this examination.

The notification of Next year CDS(I) Examination is going to be Published soon in few months and you are eligible to fill application form online, if you fulfill the above mentioned Requirements.

Those who are Engineering Pre-Final year Students are apply for the University Entry Scheme.

For this entry you have to pursuing your Pre- final Engineering graduate degree course from a recognized University and your age should between 18 to 24 years.

The number of vacancy filled approx 60 and those who selected go for 1 Year at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.

So, please visit the official Indian Army website for more details.
16th September 2012, 05:50 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for Indian Army at the age of 21 years if you fulfill the eligibility criteria to apply for CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice every year.

To be eligible to apply for Indian Army(Indian Military Academy) of CDS, one must be an unmarried Indian male candidate having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2012, 04:47 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend........

Yes, you are eligible to Indian Army with your 21 years through CDS Examination

Information about CDS Examination : -

** CDS stands for Combined Defence Service

** This Examination is organised by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).

Eligibility Criteria : -

For Indian Military Academy/Officer's training Academy
Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For Naval Academy
B.Sc with Physics & Mathematics of Bachelor of Engineering

For Air Force Academy : -
Degree from a recognized university with physics & Mathematics at 10+2 Level or Bachelor Engineering

Age Limit : -

Indian Military Academy 19-24

Air Force Academy 19-23

Naval Academy 19-22

Officer's Training Academy 19-25
9th October 2012, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,my height is 167.5 cm and age 22 so am i eligible for indian military ?
31st January 2014, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am soulder in indian army and i am married . Can i apply for acc exam in indian army. Please tell me about this
11th March 2014, 05:13 AM
Unregistered

sir..I am a soldier of Indian army for last two years ago..and I want to give acc exams..what type question they will be ask? ...and what type condition will apply for this..please tell me..
9th July 2014, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

im 21 years old.and I have finished 12th.but,I didin't do any degree.I eligible or not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?