26th September 2011, 09:33 AM
armyboymahesh

Am I eligible to join Indian Army with a height of 172cm and at an age of 18 years?

my age is 18 and my height is 172 is it eligible for joining indian army.
i am in need of this.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Indian Army being a candidate with an age of 17 years and with a height of 172 cm, weight of 52kgs?
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Army with 159 cms Height, having secured 56% in 10th being a 17 years old student?
  3. Eligibility criteria in Indian Army for B.tech, female, age 21, height 149cm, eye-sight correction -1.50? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if secured 73% in 10th having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 16 years old candidate?
  5. Eligibility for joining Indian Army? I have passed 10th, height 163 cms, age 17.8 years
  6. Indian Army after PG in Political science with 63% marks and age 26.5?
  7. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing 12th Arts with 50%? Minimum and Maximum height required to join Indian Army?
  8. Am I eligible to get a job in Indian Army?
  9. Can I join Indian Army at the age of 30 or 31 years old?
  10. What is the CDS eligibility criteria? I want to join Indian Army
  11. Can I join Indian Army as an Army Officer after having a height of 167 cms?
  12. How much height is required to get a job in Indian Army?
  13. Am I eligible to join Indian Army if pursuing B.Com Pass? What kind of posts are available for me in Indian Army?
  14. Can I join Indian Army being a candidate with a height of 5 Feet and 5 inches?
  15. Is there any chance to join Indian Army at the age of 25 years? -- [New]
  16. How can I join Indian Army? I have completed 12th
  17. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing engineering? My height is 149 cm
  18. Am i eligible to enroll in Indian Army after passing B.Tech in M.E? I am 25 years old
26th September 2011, 12:11 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army with a height of 172cm and at an age of 18 years?

NDA Exam is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year. One can join into
-Army wing
-Navy wing
-Airforce wing through this exam.

-One should be in the age group of 16 1/2 years to 19 years and one should have completed 12th to be eligible for NDA Exam.

In addition to this criteria, one should have to meet phsycial standards to join Indian Army.

I won't say that you are not eligible to appear for NDA Exam as you are having 18 years of age.

And even there is no problem at all with your height of 172 cm. As per your height, your weight should be 55kg to 57kg. Then you can best meet your physical standards requirement for NDA Exam.

For information regarding NDA Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC. Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
14th October 2011, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army with a height of 172cm and at an age of 18 years?

AM I ELIGIBLE TO JOIN INDIAN AIR FORCE WITH A HEIGHT OF 172CM & AGE OF 15 YEARS & I AM IN ELEVENTH CLASS WITH PCM ?
14th October 2011, 11:46 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely you are eligible to join Indian defence forces as per your age and height reqirement.

You can join Indian Army through following entry modes:

NDA Exam

CDS Exam

UPSC SSC Exam

NCC Special entry scheme

TES

Aa per your age age eligibility, NDA and TES entry scheme would be best suited for you provided you fill eligiblity criteria.

Useful Links : www.joinindianarmy.nic.in

www.indianairforce.nic.in

www.nausenabharti.nic.in
15th October 2011, 12:17 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligiable for the to join Indian Army with a height of 172cm and at an age of 18 years.

you can join in the Indian army through the UPSC-NDA exam.

and you are eligible for the UPSC-NDA exam.

eligibility criteria for the NDA exam are given below

>>minimum 12th science qualification.

>>subjects choice should be Physics, chemistry, math.

>>minimum 60% marks in 12th.

>>age limit is 16.5-19 years.

>>height should be 165 cm.

etc.

all the best.........
15th October 2011, 02:23 AM
ritam_rocks

As your age is 18 and your height is 172 cm,on these basics the criteria of Indian Army is satisfied.But you have to complete your 12th standard and also have to be passed NDA exam.Because through NDA you will join the INDIAN ARMY.

thank you...
15th October 2011, 12:06 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear.
TO join Indian Army you have to apply NDA exam This occurs Twice in a year I & ii.
The required height & weight details are in below chart .

for more details you can visit website http://www.upsc.gov.in

good luck..............
15th October 2011, 04:11 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army with a height of 172cm and at an age of 18 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyboymahesh View Post
my age is 18 and my height is 172 is it eligible for joining indian army.
i am in need of this.
How To Join Indian Army

In order to join the Indian Army..you need to clear the NDA (NAtional Defense Academy) exam which is held twice every year in the months of April and August..

Eligibility Criteria for NDA

1) You should be a 12th pass out in any stream for the army wing..

2) You should be in the age limit of 16.5-19 years

Apart from these..you should be physically fit and should have a perfect eyesight..

Your height is fine..

You need to first clear the written exam..then the interview and then the medical examination..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
18th October 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO JOIN THE INDIAN NAVI.BASIC OF CLASS 10. IN STUAS GROUP.I AM 16th YEAR NOW. HOW I CAN JOIN IT
19th October 2011, 01:38 AM
blizard

Yes my friend,
you can join Indian Army with 173 cm of height and 18 years of age.

Age criteria :Your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years.

Height criteria :Your height should be minimum 165 cm.

So,
You can easily sit in NDA examination and can reach your dream.

Best of luck................
27th October 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

am i able to join indian army with 168cm height and 17 years age
28th October 2011, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

I am completed plus two. I want to join in indian army.But my eyesight not good. I am wearing glass.Also i was joined in Ncc. How can i become a soldier?By Lasic treatment can i become eligible?
28th October 2011, 07:07 PM
leo-rocks

hi dear,

yes, you are eligiable for the to join Indian Army with a height of 172cm and at an age of 18 years.

For different regions, the physical eligibility criteria is different.
The minimum height requirement for any region is:
female - 152 cm
male - 157.5 cm

The weight should be according to your height. E.g., if you're 175 cm tall, then your minimum weight should be 60 kg.

thanks
28th October 2011, 07:09 PM
leo-rocks

hi dear,

For different regions, the physical eligibility criteria is different.
The minimum height requirement for any region is:
female - 152 cm
male - 157.5 cm

The weight should be according to your height. E.g., if you're 175 cm tall, then your minimum weight should be 60 kg.

thanks
21st November 2011, 05:05 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Of course, you can appear for the NDA [NATIONAL DEFENSE ACADEMY], conducted by the UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION],.
Through this exam, one can apply for all the combat forces of the India .i.e Naval wing, Air force wing, & Military branch.
The minimum educational qualification required for this examination is a 12th degree .
For apply in naval & air force wing , you must have physics & maths with minimum 60% in 12th .
The age limit for this examination is 16.5-19 years,.

As, you have height 172 cm , so you would not face any kind of problem in test.
27th November 2011, 12:05 PM
Yasir yousf

Yes u are eligble give nda exam. Twice in year after qualifying exam. U can join army
25th January 2013, 09:40 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Dear friend, There's no issue with your height and weight but yes, there also some other conditions to join Indian Army like your age, your qualification, your citizen etc. Here, I'm providing you the full detail for such eligibility criteria. I wish this information will help you a lot.

NDA
stands for National Defense Academy. It's really good you want to protect our nation by joining NDA. Here, I'm providing you the brief detail about this.

Eligibility:

1. Candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM from recognized board with at least 55 percent marks.

2. Age Limit: 16.5-19 years

3. Only male candidates can apply.

4. The candidate must be citizen of India.

5. Only unmarried male candidates allowed.

Selection Procedure:

1. Written Examination Conducted by UPSC.

2. Interview Taken by SSB.

3. Medical Test by SMB

Best NDA Coaching Institutes in Kolkata:

1. Career Point

2. Career Guide

3. Aliento Academy

4. ICS

5. Bhowanipore Tutorial Home

6. Brilliant Academy

7. SSB Coaching

8. New Careers Academy

9. Minerva Academy

10. Dream Institute of Technology

Wish you all the very best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?