14th October 2012, 02:00 PM
swati6789

Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

actually i want to ask that my 10th percentage is 54% and +2 percentage is 56%....i m doing btech with cse branch final year student ..am i eligible for job in good company and which company tell name ..how to apply....or any way to find good jobs?

18th October 2012, 01:58 AM
DASHARD

Default Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Yes dear ,you can still get a job in many IT sector company with your score.there is no need to be disheartened.

as for now you can approach for a job in big IT giants like HCL , IBMM etc. but you can go for a job in many low ranked IT and telecom sector companies.

some companies where you can get a job are-

SilverTouch Technologies Limited
EInfochips India Pvt Ltd
Virtusa India Private Limited
Daichi Technologies Pvt ltd
Cognizant Technology Solutions
Gateway Technolabs Private Limited
Cyberthink Infotech Private Limited
Bonrix Software Systems
Amar Infotech
Aarise Manpower Solution
Astron IT Services
Adroit Trainers And Consultants
Global HR Management
High Heads Management Consultants
7Seas Entertainment Ltd
Mag Web technologies Pvt Ltd
S L data Sulotions Pvt Ltd
Ybrant Digital ltd
Professional Management Consultant
Vision Plus HR Services

good luck
24th October 2012, 09:47 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Hello Friend,

I'm sorry to say that most good companies require 60% throughout for placements.
So you would be ineligible for almost all good companies like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, etc.
You can try to pursue M.Tech in CSE and try to pursue it from a good college.
After completing your M.Tech then you would be eligible for most of the companies.
Also you can get placed from the college in which you are pursuing your M.Tech.
So prepare for GATE and give it your best shot.

Best wishes..
25th October 2012, 02:14 PM
mahhiads

Hello Friend,

Mostly MNC (Multi National Company) Want The Criteria :

1. 60% Though Out In 10th, 12th, Graduation
2. No Year Gap
3. No Backlogs

4. Good Communication
5. Good Command In The Technical

So Sorry To Say But You Are Not Eligible For MNC.
25th October 2012, 02:58 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

A Computer Science Engineer basically has two options. He can either apply for job in IT company or he may apply for job in Public Sector Undertakings. Now it would be up to you to decide.

Public Sector Undertakings

Out of more than 150 PSUs in India, several hire computer science engineering graduates. Although you need to appear for entrance exam which includes written exam and interview. The good thing about PSU job in that your job in safe and salary is also good. PSUs generally don't look into the performance of a candidate in 10th and 12th standard but its your performance in B.Tech that matters.

Eligibility

1. B.Tech from a recognized university.

2. At least 60 percent marks.

3. There should be no pending backlogs.

4. A valid GATE score.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC and

7. SC/ST gets 5 years relaxation.

List of PSU

BHEL

BEL

DRDO

ISRO

NTPC

MTNL

BSNL

The other option for you is IT sector. Unfortunately you should not expect job in any top IT company. Your score in 10th and 12th is too low for that. None of the big companies like Infosys, IBM, HCL, Wipro etc will offer you a job.

You should no ensure a minimum of 55/60 percent marks in B.Tech for job in mid level IT companies. Some examples are:

Astron IT Services

L&T Infotech

NIIT Technologies

Amar Infotech

Nortel Networks

Patni

Covansys (I) Pvt. Ltd

GTL Limited
25th October 2012, 09:49 PM
sah.alok

for low percentage in 10 and 12 you cannot get a good job in top IT companies but you can certainly start from some low reputed companies,just to gain some experience well the 60% percentage through out is applicable for fresher,if you gain some experience then the equation will change for you because the biggest difference that you and a fresher will have is experience and experience counts,you can say that the low reputed companies will not give good salary but you are there for just few years or may be for few months with the motive of gaining experience only.
29th October 2012, 09:47 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Quote:
Originally Posted by swati6789 View Post
actually i want to ask that my 10th percentage is 54% and +2 percentage is 56%....i m doing btech with cse branch final year student ..am i eligible for job in good company and which company tell name ..how to apply....or any way to find good jobs?

Yes, Off Course You can Get Good Jobs from your B.Tech Degree Like:

L & T

NTPC

GAIL

SAIL

BHEL

BEL

HP

ISRO

INTEL

MTNL

BSNL

RELIANCE

DRDO

AIRTEL

IOCL

All the best

With Regards......
Dharm
30th October 2012, 07:19 AM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

Yes,you can still get a job in many IT sector company with your score.there is no need to be disheartened.

As for now you can approach for a job in big IT giants like HCL , IBMM etc. but you can go for a job in many low ranked IT and telecom sector companies.

Some companies where you can get a job are-

EInfochips India Pvt Ltd

Bonrix Software Systems

Amar Infotech

Aarise Manpower Solution

Astron IT Services

Global HR Management

7Seas Entertainment Ltd

Ybrant Digital ltd

Vision Plus HR Services

good luck
30th October 2012, 09:12 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
actually i want to ask that my 10th percentage is 54% and +2 percentage is 56%..i m doing btech with cse branch final year student. am i eligible for job in good company and which company tell name. how to apply or any way to find good jobs?
Yes, you can get a good job after completing the B.Tech course with CSE branch. In the final year the college is providing the on-campus placement facility to the student. So, don't worry and do preparation well for campus recruitment. If you are a intelligent student then you will definitely get a good job after completing the B.Tech course.

As per your above mention question your marks in the 10th and 12th is low so i think that you are not eligible for the TCS, Infosys...etc but you are eligible for some other company. I advise you to contact the training & Placement department of college for the details information about the on-campus recruitment process for the final year.
30th October 2012, 09:57 AM
surajm093

Yes, you will get a good job as you have done B.Tech in cs branch. But many companies eligibility criteria is as follows:
-> 60% Though Out In 10th, 12th, Graduation
->Good Communication skills
->No Backlogs during the semesters
Despite of these you may get a good job.

Good Luck
30th October 2012, 12:36 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

yes of course...

WELL.YOU CAN PEN YOUR RESUMES AT

30th October 2012, 01:26 PM
suraj391

Hi ,

2. No Year Gap
3. No Backlogs

4. Good Communication

thaxsssss friendsss
BEST OF LUCK..
30th October 2012, 01:28 PM
suraj391

Smile Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Hi ,

2. No Year Gap
3. No Backlogs

4. Good Communication

thaxsssss friendsss
BEST OF LUCK..
30th October 2012, 01:40 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Computer Science engineering has very wide scope all over the world.

Your IT skills will definitely fetch you a good job.

Work hard, since you have got one semester more. Good percentage will definitely be a plus point during your interview in campus.

Many national and international companies hire fresh CS engineers. You have good chances in public companies also, but for that you eill have to give entrance exams.

Government companies publish their advertisements for recruitmrnts in newspapers.

You can also apply to jobs through naukri.com.

Through consultants, you can go for the interview.
30th October 2012, 03:07 PM
siddjain93

Quote:
Dear friend,

Computer Science and Engineering is one of the best and evergreen branch of engineering. This branch is chosen by toppers. This branch has wide scope and bright future. After completing your B.Tech in computer Science, there are various future prospects available for you being a B.Tech candidate. As we all know that B.Tech course is a technical course and in this course you will get technical knowledge of your stream.

Now as you have completed B.Tech course in Computer science branch so you have got enough knowledge of your stream and technical knowledge about computer and it various languages. Computer science branch has much better scope in the present time and remain same in the coming future also. Now a days CSE engineers are taking hand on hand by the companies.

Being a Computer Science engineer you are eligible to get job in both sectors in the private and also in public fields. There are various government and private software companies in India which recruit CSE candidates with good salary package. In mostly colleges CSE graduates are offered good salary package with various facilities by the top software/IT companies.

Various software companies for CSE candidates:-
  • TCS
  • ACCENTURE
  • INFOSYS
  • WIPRO
  • SYNTEL
  • MAHENRA SATYAM
  • MICROSOFT
  • MPHASIS
  • GOOGLE
  • HCL

You are also eligible to get job in Public Sector and Government companies. There are various PSUs in India which recruit Computer Science candidates with good salary.

Government companies offering job to CSE candidates:-
  • NTPC
  • POWER GRID
  • IOCL
  • ONGC
  • HAL
  • B.H.E.L
  • B.E.L
  • E.C.I.L
  • S.A.I.L
  • G.A.I.L
Eligibility Criteria for getting job:-

1)- You should have minimum 60% marks in 10th and 12th.
2)- You should have minimum 60% marks in B.Tech course.
3)- You should not have any pending backlog.
4)- You should not have year gap of more than one year.
5)- Your communication skills should be excellent.

Selection Process:-

1)- Written Exam
2)- Personal Interview
3)- HR Interview.

Exam Pattern:-

Aptitude Questions
General English
Resoning
Technical Skills
General Awareness
30th October 2012, 08:45 PM
suraj391

Hello,
yes frien u can
its gud to join in companys above 60
some companies where you can get a job are-

EInfochips India Pvt Ltd
Bonrix Software Systems
Amar Infotech
Aarise Manpower Solution
Astron IT Services
Global HR Management
7Seas Entertainment Ltd
Ybrant Digital ltd
Vision Plus HR Services

thaxsss
all the best
30th October 2012, 09:18 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes after completing your B.Tech with CSE Stream , you are most likely to get placed in good company as a large number of IT Companies are recruiting CSE Pass outs due to the rapid development of computer and information Technology.

You can get job in companies like :

* Google

* Facebook

* Microsoft

* IBM

* Dell

* Wipro

* Infosys

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
21st November 2012, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Hi,,i got 65% in 10th,58.7%in 2,70% in b.sc,75% im mca,i had 2years gap after 2,am I eligible for IT job....? If it is yes,then pleas mention those companies,which would be like to hire me.....?
8th January 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi,,i am a b.tech second year Computer science student now? first year i got 71%,10 th 81%, 2 73 %..so,after the completion of my course, if i hav something around 60 or above,Is it possible for me to acquire a good job in big companies like hcl,wipro...?
8th January 2013, 09:46 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Quote:
Dear Aspirant,

With average percentage of less than 60% in the 10th ,12th.
The chances of getting job in the Mnc's are very very less.Unless you have a great knowledge in the Btech domain.

You can still have a chance doing in a level 3 company's for few years then gain the experience and then you can go for the MNC's.

But right now with your aggregate in the previous 10th,12th you cannot get a good job.

But my suggestion is to go for the MTech or MS GATE or GRE.

That can be a good option for you because with that percentage the IT market wont take you in.Because a 70 % student is suffering with the unemployement now-a-days.

So it would be better if you go for MTech/MS.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
8th January 2013, 11:50 PM
ipkay93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,,i am a b.tech second year Computer science student now? first year i got 71%,10 th 81%, 2 73 %..so,after the completion of my course, if i hav something around 60 or above,Is it possible for me to acquire a good job in big companies like hcl,wipro...?
Hello dear aspirant as you have a pretty good score in your 10th and 12th and if you achieve 60% above in your B.Tech then yes you are eligible for applying in most of the MNCs. The basic eligibility criteria that almost every MNC follow is that the applicant must score an aggregate of 60% above in his/her Graduation. Some of the top MNCs you can apply are:

Hewlett-Packard

IBM

CISCO

Oracle

Intel

Accenture

Microsoft

Dell

IBM

CitiGroup

Sony

Regards,
Pkay.
9th January 2013, 02:45 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

Yes, computer science has a wide scope in the market as information technology sector is booming once again.
There are many good companies for computer science department like infosys, TCS, HCL, wipro etc.
All you need to do is that you need to score high in your graduation because every company is now demanding an aggregate of 60% marks in degree as the eligibility.
9th January 2013, 11:03 AM
SANDEEP K DEEDAWAT

Quote:
Yes ,you can join company for job.some company
Aarise Manpower Solution
Astron IT Services
Global HR Management
7Seas Entertainment Ltd
Ybrant Digital ltd
Vision Plus HR Services
23rd February 2013, 11:08 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

These are some reputed companies which are hiring BE ETC students:

L&T Infotech
Bonrix Software Systems
NIIT Technologies
Amar Infotech
Aarise Manpower Solution
Astron IT Services
Nortel Networks
Patni

Eligibility criteria:

60% Though Out In 10th, 12th, Graduation
No Year Gap
No Backlogs
Good Communication
Good Command In The Technical

Thanks..
18th March 2013, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

iam styd b.tech 3rd yar ,,,in an deemed university,,with a huge fee structure,, and iam getting ,,70% in b.tech ,
my dout is
1.wheather i have go to a job in my placements
2.or preparing gate and ,,get rank in it ,,and study m.tech
3.or if not got rank in gate,, with studying the m.tech in open university and ,, try to do any job in there
so ,,which is the better option ,,or if any another option ,, plzzzzzz sugest me...
14th June 2013, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

am 1st year CSE student.....1st semester i have 5 back subjects....i can study well abot CSE only...after the course 1st year mark list is importent or not..? above 70% i got in my 10th&12th graduation
15th July 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

I got 90% in both 10th and 12th std and 80% in computer science engineering..which job is suitable for me..give me any idea pls..
15th July 2013, 09:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Hai friend
Yes,you are eligible for a good job in software companies after completing B.Tech CSE final year.
But the thing is most of the software or IT companies recruit the candidates whose percentage is more than 60% in the graduation. So,if you have above 60% you can definitely get a good job in good companies.
**Job Opportunities ;
You can find the job opportunities in these following software companies after completing your B.Tech CSE final year are:
-->Infosys
-->Wipro
-->IBM
-->TCS
-->HCL
-->TECH
-->MAHINDRA
-->TCS
-->Dell
-->Intel
-->Oracle
-->Samsung
These top software or IT companies recruit the CSE students by offering high salary package of about 4-5 lakhs per year.
Thank You
15th July 2013, 10:00 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Quote:

Eligibility For IT MNCs

Most of the IT giants like TCS,Accenture,IBM,HCL,Tech Mahindra and many others demands that the candidate must have at least 60% aggregate in 10th,12th and B.Tech..

However, there are few major companies like Syntel and WIPRO where you can make a beginning of your career and then later on you can switch to other companies if you want..

The minimum requirements which have to be fulfilled to appear for Syntel are :

> The minimum required percentage is 50% in 10th,12th and B.Tech (for WIPRO..in B.Tech you must have 60%)

> There should not be any current persisting arrears at the time of appearing for the placement..

> A maximum of 2 years of study gap is allowed..

The rounds which you are required to clear are the following :

> Aptitude Test
> Technical Interview
> HR Interview

I would highly recommend Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggarwal for your preparations

I have attached past question papers of WIPRO and Syntel for your reference..

Go through these question papers and interview experiences to have a better idea of the whole process..

To practice time based aptitude test papers Click Here

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
15th July 2013, 11:06 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

The percentage of marks that you have secured in your 10th class and 10+2 are not upto the mark.

Candidates should be having minimum 60% of marks in all the academic levels in order to be eligible for the job opportunities in IT companies.

But your percentage of marks that you scored in 10th and 10+2 are less than 60% of marks and you did not mention your percentage of marks in your B.Tech course.

In present situation, IT companies are not recruiting the freshers in bulk amounts.

Many of the companies are recruiting the candidates by conducting campus drives.

As you are in the final year of your B.Tech course, you can try for jobs in IT companies through
On campus placements
Off campus placements
Job Melas

I am not sure that you will be eligible for many of the companies on the basis of performance in your academics.

But try your level best. That is the only way for you to get the job.

Try to have good percentage of marks at least in your B.Tech course, if you are having this, then you will be eligible for some of the IT companies which will recruit the candidates only through the performance in B.Tech course.

The selection procedure will include the following rounds
Written Exam
Just A minute
Group discussion
Technical round
Voice and Accent round
HR round etc.

Try to be strong enough with subject knowledge of B.Tech course which will be helpful for you to crack the above mentioned selection procedure.

Wish you all the best.
31st July 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

hiiii
sir,i want to know that I have eligible for a good job ??? I got 49%in 10th,77%in 12th,and b.tech 1st sem 72.5,2nd sem 71.2,3rd sem 69....nd after 12th I had take 2 year gap for entrance preparation for college.My college name is Bundelkhand University.....plzzz tel me sir ????????
15th September 2013, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

hello sir
I am a b.tech 2nd yr student.
i have got 82 in 10th and 86 in 12th and 72 in b.tach 1st year and no year gap. Am i elligibal to get job in multinational company?? what is the criteria for selection in these companies and except pecentage what are the requirements for selection?
15th September 2013, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

what are the requirement for placement except percentage?
21st September 2013, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech final year student on the stream ELECTRICAL ENGG. upto 6th sem my % is more than 60%, i had scored 74% in 10th and 59% in 12th. i may not be eligible for MNCs. but i want to know wheather i am eligible for PSUs or any core companies??? if yes then what r they and how should i apply for those companies?? please give reply, i am looking forward to hearing you.
21st September 2013, 05:49 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

Yes ,you can join company for job.some company
Aarise Manpower Solution
Astron IT Services
Global HR Management
7Seas Entertainment Ltd
Ybrant Digital ltd
Vision Plus HR Services

All the best...................

16th October 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

i have 10th- 47.16 %, 12th- 56.4 %, B.Tech CSE- 63.03% am I eligible for IT software Jobs.
1st December 2013, 03:19 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 78.8 % in 10. 59% in 12 . and 7.5 cgpa in be . can i got job in mnc's company after doing mtech from iit or nit in cse branch with these above percentage .
25th December 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of ECE. I have 70% in both 10&12, 77% in b.tech 1st year. Give me suggestion for getting a job at Facebook & Google. Also provide the requirements for these gaints.
7th February 2014, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

i got in 10th 54% and in 12th 46%,i have done BE with 60%. Should i get the job in IT company and can i go for postgradugate.please give me suggestion
27th February 2014, 10:23 PM
Unregistered

hi im pursuing be 3 yr in 10 i got 86% 2 i got 84% upto 3yr i got 75% g
so pls can u Say in wich company i got job or it is necessary to do me
1st March 2014, 12:06 PM
sanniha

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible for a job in a good company after doing B.Tech with CSE branch

Quote:
hello friend,

don't worry you can get the good job...

percentage may be one of the qualification for any jobs but if you have effective communication skills and fluently speakin english then definitelty you can get the job...

i mentioned here the some of the companies to you

BSNL
RELIANCE
L&T
AIRTEL

YOU WILL WIN NOT IMMEDIATELY
BUT DEFINITELY

ALL THE BEST.......... my dear friend
10th March 2014, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

sir i am passed with grace in maths can i eligible for wipro accenture does companies provide job to those person who have passed with grace. and what is the meaning of passed with grace it means i have knowledge or not after passed with grace
11th March 2014, 08:40 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Now a days, many of the companies are recruiting the candidates of career 60 criteria.

As per your profile, you did not score a minimum of 60% of marks in your 10th and 10+2 level.

Having this criteria, you are not eligible to apply for job opportunities in any of the MNCs.

However there are some companies which are non MNCs which will hire the candidates of below career 60.

So, better you can start your career with such kind of companies and attain work experience for 2-3 years and then make your entry into MNCs.

Otherwise, you can try for public sector job opportunities which does not require the percentage of marks scored in all the academic levels.

Some of those job opportunities are
Civil Services
Bank Clerks
Bank POs
Defence Services
Forest Service
Engineering Services etc.

As you have completed Engineering, it would be better if you opt for Engineering Services.

To say something about IT field, it is in good boom now in India. Candidates will be paying good salaries for the work what they perform.

If you prove yourself, your career will be fruitful in this area.

Wish you all the best.
5th April 2014, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

I hv scored 70 percent in 10th and 12th. I currently hv an average rating of 7.2 in btech with ECE . But i hd a backlog in 2nd sem . Am i eligible for big companies
16th May 2014, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello mam,

i am a student of a recognized university perusing btech third year in computer science branch..my passion is to secure a job in public sectors so could you please tell me the process i need to get through so that i could start my preparation earlier itself........
Please help me out
16th August 2014, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

can i pursue M Tech along with job such as offered in corporate colleges.I completed inter with 95 percent and B Tech with 80 percent from AU WOMENS
12th September 2014, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

No Gap-Backlog in Graduation, what it mean exactly?
Does it mean, No backlog @ the time of graduation?
I had 2 backlog in 3 & 4 semester but i have solved it in 2nd attempt i don't have any backlog at the time of graduation! I mean in 7th sem i have cleared my blocks shoul i apply for the job??
They said
No Gap - Backlog in graduation.

Please answer today
7th May 2015, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

i m doing btrch in cs and wants gud job( salary above 10 lakh per annum) in a company who also sends abrod for projects...then what skill shuld i develop in myself to have a successful job
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?