13th April 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join BCA course having completed 12th Class with Science group?

i studied pure science group in 12th an waiting for my result shall i able to study bca

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join BCA course after completion of 12th Class with Science stream?
  2. Can I be eligible for BCA after securing 66% marks from science in class 12th?
  3. Am I eligible for BCA after completing 12th from science(PCB)
  4. How to join Hotel management course after completing 12th class of science subject
  5. Which course to join between BCA and B.Com having completed 12th class?
  6. Am I eligible to join CA course being a candidate pursuing 12th class with Computer Science stream?
  7. How much is the percentage needed for CBSE students to get admission?
  8. Can i join BCA or BSc IT after passing 12th with maths and computer science? Which is better between the two? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible for NIMCET Exam having secured 65.5% in 10th, 63% in 12th class with Science stream and 59% in BCA?
  10. Books to be referred for group exam? I have completed 12th class
  11. Am I eligible for NIMCET Exam having secured 47.50% in 10th, 61.69% in 12th and going to complete BCA this year?
  12. How to join Coast Guard Navy being a candidate having completed 12th class and pursuing 1st year of BCA course?
  13. Why BCA holders are not eligible while B.Sc are eligible for DRDO 2015?
  14. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  15. Eligibility for Post graduation in Forensic Science after BCA with 73% marks? Which specialization need to choose for the same? -- [New]
  16. When can I be eligible to appear for Group Exams being a candidate having completed 12th Class?
  17. Am I eligible to study MBA if completed B.A.(English) through Distance Education?
  18. Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?
14th April 2012, 12:42 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join BCA course having completed 12th Class with Science group?

Yes. You are eligible to join BCA course after completion of 12th class with Science group.

I don't think its a good choice for you as you have gone through Science subjects in your 12th class and opting for technical related subjects in Graduation course.

Try to gain good subject knowledge in BCA course which will be helpful for you to crack the various Entrance Exams to join MCA course and also for getting good job.

In current scenario, IT is in good boom.

There are number of job opportunities for the candidates in various IT companies after completion of their B.Tech or MCA courses.

Only thing is that they should possess sound knowledge in their chosen platform.

If the candidate is having good communication skills, its an added advantage for him.

Have a glance over the list of some IT companies in which you can get jobs after completion of BCA or MCA courses.
-TCS
-Microsoft
-IBM
-Wipro
-Infosys
-Delloite
-Google
-Mahindra Satyam etc.

The selection procedure to be placed in these companies will be by
-Written Test
-Technical round
-HR round.

In many of the colleges, direct admission will be given for BCA course. If you have scored more than 50% of marks in your 12th class, it is more than enough for you to get admission for this course.

Try to join this course in a good college and make most out of the course.
14th April 2012, 01:12 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join BCA course having completed 12th Class with Science group?

BCA - Bachelor of Computer Application

Eligibility:
complete higher secondary examination or diploma degree or equivalent with min of 50% marks & having maths as subject in the qualifying exam
so college admit on basis of class 12th marks
BCA is a three years course

Some BCA colleges & Eligibility:

Lucknow university ,Uttar pradesh - 12th class

Amity School of computer science , Uttar pradesh , 12th + maths

Andhra university , Andhra pradesh , 12th + physics , chemistry , maths

Banasthali vidyapeeth , rajasthan , 12th + physics ,chemistry , maths

Hamdard University , Delhi 12th + maths with atleast 55% marks

CBS Delhi university , Delhi , 12th

Madurai institute of management , New Delhi , 12th with maths (45%)

Madurai university , Tamil Nadu , 12th

Kurukshetra university , Haryana 12th + English
14th April 2012, 01:14 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

yes, you are eligible BCA course have completed 12th with science group.

You can apply for BCA by following sequence:
1. Aptitude Test
2. Technical Interview
3. Personal Interview

Eligibility criteria:
The candidate must have a bachelor's degree in diploma or any equivalent discipline.
The age limit is 17-25 years at begining of the course.
The candidate must have mathematics as a subject in the 12th class.

All the best.
14th April 2012, 01:51 AM
kutti.29
Senior Member+

Hi friend
Yes. You are eligible to join BCA course after completion of 12th class with Science group.
Try to gain good subject knowledge in BCA course which will be helpful for you to go various entrance exams
There are number of job opportunities for the candidates in various IT companies after completion of their B.Tech or MCA courses if you have interest you can join these MCA course also.
ALL THE BEST.
14th April 2012, 02:03 AM
bablucena9

hi,
You are eligible for bca course after 12th with science stream.
Keeping work hard
14th April 2012, 02:52 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join BCA course having completed 12th Class with Science group?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i studied pure science group in 12th an waiting for my result shall i able to study bca
Hi friend,

*Candidates who have scored minimum of 60% marks in his/her XII board exam are eligible for the BCA course. So the only eligibility required for this exam that the candidate is 10+2 passed.

*The duration of this course is of 3 years. During the duration of these 3 years you will be taught many languages and computer applications.

*There are some colleges in India which only take the candidates having mathematics at XII and got 60% marks. If you have these eligibility then you can apply for BCA course to any college.

But if you don't have mathematics at XII then there are some colleges in India in which you are not eligible. But you can apply in other colleges where the Maths is not required. Some of the colleges are listed below:

1.Amity School of Computer Science,
2.CCS University(AFFIlated) Noida
3.Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut
4.Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, Uttar Pradesh
5.Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Banasthali
6.Guru Gobind Singh IP University ,
7.College of Business Studies(CBS) Delhi University
8.Apeejay Institute of Management and Information Technology, Tughlakabad, 9.Madurai University, Madurau
10.Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
11.Maharshi Dayanand University, Rothank

So you can also apply in the above colleges for your BCA course.

GOOD LUCK
14th April 2012, 10:33 AM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Dear,

You are eligible to join BCA course after completion of 12th class with Science group.

I don't think its a good choice for you as you have gone through Science subjects in your 12th class and opting for technical related subjects in Graduation course.

Try to gain good subject knowledge in BCA course which will be helpful for you to crack the various Entrance Exams to join MCA course and also for getting good job.

There are number of job opportunities for the candidates in various IT companies after completion of their B.Tech or MCA courses.

Only thing is that they should possess sound knowledge in their chosen platform.

If the candidate is having good communication skills, its an added advantage for him.

Have a glance over the list of some IT companies in which you can get jobs after completion of BCA or MCA courses.
-TCS
-Microsoft
-IBM
-Wipro
-Infosys
-Delloite
-Google
-Mahindra Satyam etc.

-Written Test
-Technical round
-HR round.

In many of the colleges, direct admission will be given for BCA course. If you have scored more than 50% of marks in your 12th class, it is more than enough for you to get admission for this course.

All The Best.
14th April 2012, 10:47 AM
Ishita1505
Member+

Hello Dear,

You are eligible to join BCA course after completion of 12th class with Science group.

-TCS
-Microsoft
-IBM
-Wipro
-Infosys
-Delloite
-Google
-Mahindra Satyam etc.

-Written Test
-Technical round
-HR round.

All The Best
14th April 2012, 01:58 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes shore you are eligible to join BCA after completion of 12th with science stream.

BCA is the good course for science background students.

In many of the colleges, direct
admission will be given for
BCA course. If you have scored
more than 50% of marks in
your 12th class, it is more than
enough for you to get admission for this course.

All the berth
14th April 2012, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Am I eligible to join BCA course having completed 12th Class with Science group?

Quote:
Yes offcourse you can persue BCA.Dear in north India states covering MP UP one must be from maths group to get admission in BCA,but as you move towards west and south you can do it even if you are from commerce background. the only thing is you must be having 50%(general category) and 45%(reserved).
so dont worry
take care
14th April 2012, 05:28 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for B.C.A after passing 12th wit science stream.

For admission in top college you have to qualify the entrance exam.

Friend you can try to take admission in top college like:-
> Delhi University
> I.P University
> Guru Nanak Dave University
> Loyal College, Madras

GOOD LUCK!
16th April 2012, 12:59 AM
param pita

Dear,Eligibility:
complete higher secondary examination or diploma degree or equivalent with min of 50% marks & having maths as subject in the qualifying exam
so college admit on basis of class 12th marks
BCA is a three years course

Some BCA colleges & Eligibility:

Lucknow university ,Uttar pradesh - 12th class

Amity School of computer science , Uttar pradesh , 12th + maths

Andhra university , Andhra pradesh , 12th + physics , chemistry , maths

Banasthali vidyapeeth , rajasthan , 12th + physics ,chemistry , maths

Hamdard University , Delhi 12th + maths with atleast 55% marks

CBS Delhi university , Delhi , 12th

Madurai institute of management , New Delhi , 12th with maths (45%)

Madurai university , Tamil Nadu , 12th
26th May 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

I have got 47% in 10 2 science group am i eligible for BCA
29th May 2012, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

I have got 48.6% in puc. Is i'm eligible for BCA course.? I can get seats in colleges.?
3rd June 2012, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I have joined 11th standard with economics,accountancy,commerce and computer science as third part subjects.Am I eligible to pursue BCA degree after completion of 12th std?
17th June 2012, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

dear sir I have passed the 12th in distance in (w.b) with science group may I eligible for bca course.
7th July 2012, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

I want to join BBA courses sfter completing 2 in sc. With PCM and computer. I want to know the details about the subjects and scopes for getting a good job. And also about the entrance exams to get admission for MCA courses?
8th June 2013, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12th with science. yet am not decided wht to do after 12th. I want to move in IT sector. can anyone tell me what should i do BCA, C.Sc., or is there any other course related to IT ???
3rd October 2013, 06:34 PM
seethalakshmi.R

Yes u can study BCA though u are from pure science group,but u must have interest in studying BCA papers....................if you have got decent marks in mathematics many colleges are ready to offer u with BCA course.

U can also pursue courses additionally in java,c,c++ from authorized centers with microsoft certification,oracle certification etc., to improve career oppurtunities.
7th March 2022, 06:13 AM
Unregistered

How can a 12th appearing science student can apply for BCA in Kerala? What should I do??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?