25th December 2014, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?

Sir,

i have completed my 12 in this year.i got 70.4% marks in 12. i wish to study BCA.but i didn't studied computer science in 12 level. but i have studied maths. i got 47.5% mark in maths. did i get BCA with this marks? which are colleges in kerala offering BCA course? what are the job oppurtunities of BCA? i wish to know about the syllabus of BCA? Please help me to clear the doubt regarding BCA.

faithfully,
lakshmi.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study BCA if secured 47.5% in Maths of 12th? List of colleges, syllabus and job opportunities of BCA?
  2. How to go for BCA after passing 12th in computer science? What is the difference between BSc IT and BCA? Best colleges for BCA in Ahmedabad?
  3. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  4. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  5. List of top 10 colleges for BCA? What is the current scope in BCA?
  6. Can I study BCA after HSC (Commerce)?
  7. How can I get admission to study BCA in any reputed college of Pune? Detailed information about BCA program? -- [New]
  8. What's the eligibility criteria to pursue BCA course after 12th? List of the top colleges for the same?
  9. Difference between B.Sc CS and BCA? Which course is better from job and placement point of view?
  10. How to study BCA and MCA after completing 12th standard?
  11. BCA or B.Arch., which course is better for getting a government job? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible for BCA after completing 12th from science(PCB)
  13. What is the eligibility for MCA? I have completed BCA
  14. Which course should I choose after passing 12th? What is the scope in BCA? How much does a BCA student earn?
  15. List of the colleges which offer BCA course in kerala?
  16. Which course to opt after B.E in computer science(48%)? What is the scope in BCA course?
  17. Eligibility for MCA from DU after BCA with 75% marks and 12th with Computer science & without Maths?
  18. Which stream i should choose between BCA and BBA? List of available colleges in Pune
26th December 2014, 05:27 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for BCA course. That's because Candidates who have completed their 12th standard with Maths as a subject can apply for BCA course and computer science subject is not necessary.

Following are some colleges, which are offering BCA course in Kerala
Alphonsa College
Address: Arunapuram P.O, Pala, Kerala

Baselius College
Address: NH 183, Kottayam, Kerala

Bishop Choolaparambil Memorial College
Address: Kottayam-Kumily Road, Kottayam, Kerala

Devaswom Board College

Address: Thalayolaparambu, Kerala

Ettumanoorappan College
Address: Choorakulangara, Ettumanoor, Kerala

Kuriakose Gregorios College
Address: Pamapdy, K G College Rd, Kerala

N.S.S Hindu College
Address: Perunnai, Changanassery, Kerala

Job Opportunities:-
After the completion of BCA course, you can get as a
->Telecom Engineer
->Web designer
->Testing & Mainframes
->System administrator
->Data Analyst
->Database Administrator
->Programmer
->Code Developer

Syllabus of BCA course:-
Sem I
Computer Fundamentals
Mathematics & Statistics
Basic English
Office Automation (W/E/P/A)
Financial Accounting Cost Accounting(FACA)
Practical :- FACA
Practical :- Office Automation

Sem II
Network Fundamentals
'C' Theory
SAD
PPM-1
Operating System
Practical 'C'

Sem III
C++
DBMS
Unix & Linux Fundamentals
Communication Skill
Organizational Behaviour
Practical C++
Practical Unix and Linux

Sem IV
Java
Busines Application
Advanced Web Designing
Testing
E-Commerce
Practical Java

Sem V
.NET Framework
ORACLE
ERP
Presentation Skill
PPM - 2
Practical .NET
Practical Oracle

Sem VI
Project
UML
Industrial Exposure
MIS
26th December 2014, 09:45 PM
Saranbala18

Default Re: Can I study BCA if completed 12th without Computer Science? List of colleges in Kerala, scope and syllabus of BCA program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

i have completed my 12 in this year.i got 70.4% marks in 12. i wish to study BCA.but i didn't studied computer science in 12 level. but i have studied maths. i got 47.5% mark in maths. did i get BCA with this marks? which are colleges in kerala offering BCA course? what are the job oppurtunities of BCA? i wish to know about the syllabus of BCA? Please help me to clear the doubt regarding BCA.

faithfully,
lakshmi.
Yes, of course you are eligible for BCA after 12th standard without Computer science. Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics subject are eligible.

Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is a three years graduation course which is divided into six semester. There are so many colleges which offers BCA.

BCA Eligibility Criteria:

-> 10+2 (any stream) with minimum 50% aggregate (Science / Commerce / Arts) are eligible and relaxation will be applicable for reserved category students upto 5% of marks.

-> Admission will be based on the marks obtained in 12th board exam.

Jobs After BCA:

After completing BCA course you can work in the fields like,

-Programming,
-Networking,
-System Administration etc.

BCA Syllabus:

BCA Colleges in Kerala:

Mahatma Gandhi University
Address: Priyadarsini Hills P.O, Athirampuzha Medical College Rd, Athirampuzha, Kerala 686560
Phone: 0481 273 1050

Nirmala College
Address: Nirmala College Road, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam, Kerala 686661
Phone: 0485 283 2361

Ilahia College of Arts and Science
Address: East Paipra Road, Pezhakkappilly, Muvattupuzha, Ernakulam, Kerala, 686 674
Phone:0485 281 3910

Kannur University
Address: Mangattuparamba, Kannur, kerala, 670567
Phone: 0497 278 5200

Amrita School of Arts and Science
Address: Off Old NH 17, Near Brahmasthanam Temple, Post Edappally North, Brahmasthanam, Kochi, Kerala, 682024, Ernakulam, KL
Phone:0484 280 2899
26th December 2014, 11:04 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have studied 10+2 with Maths as a subjects then surely you will be eligible for BCA admission. It doesn't matter whether you have studied Computer Sciences or not in your 10+2 because in most of the college the admission is based on Maths subject at 10+2 level.

Hence, if you have studied Maths at 10+2 level then you shouldn't worry about anything and be prepared for the entrance exam for getting admission in a BCA course.

Admission is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam, therefore, be prepared for it as it will decide the college in which you want to get admission.

You can pursue BCA from following colleges in Kerala:

1. Amritha College, Malappuram (Kerala), Near Head Post Office, Kottakkal , Malappuram (Malappuram Dist.) - 676503

2. College of Applied Science, Adoor, Adoor (Kerala), Near Parthasarathy Temple, Adoor P O , Adoor (Pathanamthitta Dist.) - 691523

3. Rajagiri College of Management and Applied Sciences, Kochi (Kerala), Rajagiri Valley P.O., Kakkanad , Kochi (Ernakulam Dist.) - 682039
Amritha College, Thalassery (Kerala)

4. Amar Complex, PEER Road, Old Bus Stand , Thalassery (Kannur Dist.) - 670702, Mar Kuriakose College, Kottayam (Kerala)
Puthuvely P.O , Kottayam (Kottayam Dist.) - 686636

5. St. Marys College, Wayanad (Kerala), Sulthan Bathery , Wayanad (Wayanad Dist.) - 673592

6. De Paul Institute of Science And Technology (DIST), Angamaly (Kerala), De Paul Nagar,Angamaly South , Angamaly (Ernakulam Dist.) - 683 573

For syllabus click BCA Syllabus University of Calicut
27th April 2015, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed my 12 commerce with computer application.i got 80% marks. i wish to study BCA. but i didn't study maths and computer science. did i get BCA with this mark.
can you please help me.

faithfully,
aneena
29th May 2017, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

I have done writing my 12th exam and wanted to know if i can go for BCA. I didn't have maths as a subject but i had computer science.Can please i get a list of colleges in kottayam, Kerala that gives BCA without maths.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?