17th January 2012, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join CDS exam after completing B.Tech in computer science?

I have completed my b.tech in computer science and want to join in indian army,am i eligible for CDS examination.

18th January 2012, 12:17 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Am I eligible to join CDS exam after completing B.Tech in computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my b.tech in computer science and want to join in indian army,am i eligible for CDS examination.
You are certainly eligible. Please keep the provisional certificate or final degree certificate with you. All the best! Jai jawan,

Sagar.
18th January 2012, 12:25 AM
adithyaparavastu

Default Re: Am I eligible to join CDS exam after completing B.Tech in computer science?

you can get the complete information regarding the CDS(combined defence service) in the following two links

http://www.successcds.net/UPSCExam/C...-Services.html

http://upscportal.com/civilservices/...andard-of-Exam
18th January 2012, 01:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you have done B.tech course in computer science field then you are surely eligible for CDS exam.

Eligibility for CDS exam:-

For Indian military academy:-

1.Candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade from a recognized university.

2.candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Final year candidates can also apply for CDS exam.

4.Age should be in between 19-24 years.

5.candidate must be physically fit.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
So, get prepare for the exam.

All the best.
18th January 2012, 02:49 AM
Dilip Bista

Yes, the basic eligibility criteria for appearing the CDS exam is graduation in any stream .(i) For IMA and OTA :- Degree of
a recognised University or
equivalent.
For IMA 19 - 24
years as on

Candidates appearing at the degree or
equivalent examination also eligible to
compete subject to certain conditions
2) For Naval Academy :-
Degree in Engineering
For NA 19 - 22
years as on

3)(iii) For Air Force Academy :-
Degree of a recognised University
(with Physics and Mathematics at
10+2 level) or Bachelor of
Engineering.
For AFA age 19 - 23.

For OTA 19 - 25
years as on

All the best
18th January 2012, 08:05 AM
anlakshmi

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS Examination.

If you want to join Indian Army through CDS Examination, the candidate must have to complete graduation degree or equaling degree from a recognized university.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services. This CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) TWICE in a year.

The Eligibility Criteria:

• The candidate must have to complete graduation from a recognized university.
• And the final year of graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for this CDS Examination.
• The age should be in between 19 to 24 years.
• The candidate must be citizen of India.
• The candidate must be single and medically fit.

For more information please visit the official web site: www.upsc.in.

All the best!!!
28th March 2012, 03:32 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible to join indian navy after completing btech ffom computer science..??
28th March 2012, 11:08 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes of course , you are eligible to apply for Indian Army after completing B.Tech.

CDS Stands for Combined Defence Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II.

To join in India Army , the aspirant have to passed graduate degree with any desire stream of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and the aspirant who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also eligible to apply for this examination.But the aspirant have to submit the proof of graduate degree before the written or Interview.

The aspirant age should be between 19 years to 24 years at the time of appearing for this examination and the aspirant must be Unmarried male candidates at the time of appearing for this examination.There is no relaxation given to the reserved categories.

The Aspirant must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the Combined Defence Service examination.

How to Apply :-

The Aspirant are required to apply Online Application using the official website :- Click here !!!

C.D.S II Exam , 2012 :-

Date of Notification :- 02.06.12

Last date for receipt of application :- 02.07.12

Date of Written examination :- 16.09.12

More details , Visit the official website :- Click here !!!
29th March 2012, 12:46 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes definately you are eligible for the CDS exam.

Eligibility criteria:

You should be graduate from any recognised university.

Your age should be 19 to 24 years.

Final year candidates also eligible to write CDS exam.

Candidate must be physically fit and the candidate should be a citizen of india.

For further details
http://www.successcds.net

All the best.
31st March 2012, 10:39 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes your eligible to apply for CDS Examination after completing B.tech course .

CDS stand for Combined Defence and this Examination is conducted by the UPSC for every twice in a year . CDS conducts Entrance Examination for four wings , Army Wing / Navy Wing / Aiforce Wing / Officer Training Wing .

The Selection procedure for CDS Examination based on the Written Examination and Interview and Physical Standard .

To apply for CDS Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . But If you interested to apply for Airforce and Navy academy you should complete Bachelor degree in science stream or bachelor degree Engineering course from recognized university . Then only the candidate eligible to apply for Navy and Aiforce Academy . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

Note :- There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for CDS Examination, If your qualified in Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for CDS Examination .

Only male candidate are eligible to apply for this wings Army, Navy and Aiforce . Female candidates are not eligible to apply for this Examination . But Officer training academy both the Female candidate and Male candidate are eligible

Age Limit for CDS Examination :-
-------------------------------------------
  • For Army academy 19 year to 24 years
  • For Airforce Academy 19 years to 23 years
  • For Navy Academy 19 years to 22 years
  • For Officer Training Academy 19 years to 25 years .

The Notification for CDS Examination may Published in Employment news papers and Official website of UPSC . You may apply for this Examination both the online as well as offline . you buy the examination application form the post office with the cost of Rs :- 50 .

Notification for CDS Examination (2) :-
----------------------------------------
Date of Notification :- 02.06.2012
Last Date for Receipt of Applications :- 02.07.2012
Date of Examination :- 16.09.2012
31st March 2012, 10:51 PM
Myadi0011

I am completed my btech in computer science.am i eligible for CDS examination?
31st March 2012, 11:13 PM
bablucena9

Quote:
Of course, you are eligible for cds exam.
If you have completle your b.tech with 60% marks.
So,
Keeping work hard
31st March 2012, 11:15 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

C.D.S. - Combined Defense Services.

Generally CDS consist of the following types :

1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air force.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1. Age ::

19 to 23 years as on 01 july 2012 i.e. born between 2nd july 1989 to 1 July 1993(both dates inclusive).

2. Educational Qualification ::

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university having 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed 10+2 th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or BE/B.Tech degree from a recognized university having 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

3. Physical Standard ::

i.) Height : minimum 162.5 cm and more than this
ii.) Weight : in between 60 to 80 kg
iii.) Vision : minimum visual acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another
eye

For more details please visit the official website of U.P.S.C. :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

~regards~
priyo
31st March 2012, 11:19 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

C.D.S. - Combined Defense Services.

Generally CDS consist of the following types :

1. Indian Army
2. Indian Navy
3. Indian Air force.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1. Age ::

19 to 23 years as on 01 july 2012 i.e. born between 2nd july 1989 to 1 July 1993(both dates inclusive).

2. Educational Qualification ::

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university having 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed 10+2 th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or BE/B.Tech degree from a recognized university having 60% or more than 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

3. Physical Standard ::

i.) Height : minimum 162.5 cm and more than this
ii.) Weight : in between 60 to 80 kg
iii.) Vision : minimum visual acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in another
eye

For more details please visit the official website of U.P.S.C. :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

~regards~
priyo
31st March 2012, 11:23 PM
pranavforu

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join CDS exam after completing B.Tech in computer science?

Can i eligible for this exam???
I have passed the B.Tech. from CE
31st March 2012, 11:40 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!
After passing B.Tech you can join Indian Army.
For this you have to qualify the C.D.S exam.

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.

The age limit for C.D.S exam is 19-24 year.

Eligibility criteria:-
> Pass graduation with recognized university
> Age limit:-19-24 year.
> Must be citizen of India
> Medically fit

There are three steep of selection:-
> Written Exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

IMPORTANT DATES FOR C.D.S. EXAM.(II), 2012
Date of Notification:-02.06.2012
Last date of receipt of form:-02.07.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:-16.09.2012(SUNDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
31st March 2012, 11:43 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes B.com graduate can be eligible for the CDS examination which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year i.e CDS-I and CDS-II.

Eligibility criteria:

Any Graduation from a recognised university.

Age should be 19 to 24years.

Male and female candidates are eligale to appear.

Candiate should be a citizen of india

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in

Al the best.
1st April 2012, 12:20 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam .

Criteria for CDS exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream

*Age- 21 to 27 years

*Final year students can also apply for this exam............

For more information on CDS you see:-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/exams.htm
1st April 2012, 12:31 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility :

Educational qualification :

any degree in any recognized university or equivalent
age between 19 to 24 years
Nationality : Indian
7th April 2012, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

i m in b.tech 3rd year in mechanical engg. can i able to apply for cds exam?
7th April 2012, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

ENGINEERING 3rd year student can apply for cds exam?
15th February 2013, 09:40 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Being B.tech candidate your eligible for CDS Examination Examination .

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and this Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every twice in a year . Combined Defence Academy having four academy ,

-Army Academy
-Navy Academy
-Airforce Academy and
-Officer Training Academy

To apply for CDS Examination you sould stisfy the eligibiltiy criteria , Here i provide you the Eligibility Criteria for CDS Examination ,

Eligibility Criteria for CDS Examination :-

For Indian Army Academy Academy :-

>> You should be complete Graduation in any discipline from recognized university/ institution

>> Your age should be 19 year to 24 years

For Officers Training Academy :-

>> You should be Graduation in any discipline from recognized university/Institution

>> Your age should be 19 years to 25 years

For Navy Academy :-

>> You should complete BSc degree course with physics and mathematics (or) Engineering course from recognized University .

>> Your age should be 19 years to 22 years

For Air Force Academy :-

>> You should be Graduation in science stream with Physics and Mathematics at 12th standard level (or) Bachelor of Engineering course .

>> Your age should be 19 years to 23 years

Physical Standards :-

To apply for CDS Examination you should be Physically as well as medically fit ,

-Eyesight
-Weight
-Height etc..

So, If you satisfy the eligibility Criteria then your eligible for CDS Examination .
15th February 2013, 11:07 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join CDS exam after completing B.Tech in computer science?

Quote:

Eligibility to join CDS

To join the Indian Army through the Combined Defence Services(CDS) Exam the candidates must have the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

>> your age should be within 19-24 years to join the Indian Military Academy..

> you must have completed your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized college..

> you should be physically fit to be able to clear the medical examination round

So, after completion of your B.Tech you are definitely eligible to appear for CDS..

Written Exam consists of :-

>> Basic Maths - 100 marks
>> English - 100 marks
>> GK - 100 marks

I have provided you with the minimum required physical criterion which you need to satisfy for clearing the medical exam..

Visit http://upsc.gov.in to know more regarding the CDS Exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: docx CDS Physical Standards.docx(22.5 KB, 36 views)
27th February 2013, 05:38 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CDS Exam Details:-

For the recruitment of Air Force Academy, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Officers Training Academy the CDS exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The full form of CDSE is Combined Defense Service Exam. This exam is conducted twice a year by UPSC. This year's exam already happened on 17th February.

For Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

For Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology. Your age should be between 19 and 23 years.

For Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics. Your age should be between 19 and 22 years.

For Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Your age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Following stages or hurdles needs to be crossed to get finally selected:- 1) Written Examination 2) Personality Test and 3) Medical Fitness Test by SSB.

Examination Pattern At A Glance:-

Exam Pattern For IMA, NA & AFA:

Exam Pattern For OTA:

The cost of the application fee for general and OBC category is Rs. 200. It will be available in any branch of State Bank of India.

Hope this helps
21st June 2013, 04:42 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yeah sure , you are eligible to apply for CDS examination after completing B.Tech course.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services and this examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year as namely CDS I and CDS II .
CDS II notification was already released .

To apply for this examination , you need to complete the graduate degree . If you are completed graduate then you are eligible to apply . After clearing the CDS examination , you can join defences service like Indian Military Academy , Indian Naval Academy , Indian Air force and Officer Training Academy .

>> Eligibility Criteria ::

♦ Indian Military Academy ::

• You need to complete the graduate degree .

• Any degree background may also eligible to apply for this examination .

• You must have a minimum 19 years and maximum 24 years .

• Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply .

♦ Indian Air force Academy ::

• Degree with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects .

• You must have a minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years .

♦ Indian Naval Academy ::

• Degree with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects .

• You must have a minimum 19 years and maximum 22 years .

♦ Officer Training Academy ::

• Any degree background may also eligible to apply for this examination .

• You must have a minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years .

♦ Important dates ::

> Date of announcement :: 25/05/13

> Last date for receipt of application :: 24/06/13

> Date of examination :: 08/09/13

♦ Syllabus for OTA ::

> General awareness
> English Language

♦ Syllabus for IMA ,NA , AFA ::

> General awareness
> English Language
> Mathematics

Hope this will help you . . .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?