31st August 2012, 10:01 PM
arpitakha

Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing engineering? My height is 149 cm

my height is 149 cm. i am a girl. i completed my engineering. am i eligible to join indian army?please reply soon.....

3rd September 2012, 07:20 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing engineering? My height is 149 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpitakha View Post
my height is 149 cm. i am a girl. i completed my engineering. am i eligible to join indian army?please reply soon.....
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Army as an officer if your height is 149 cm also. Actually the minimum height required for the female candidates is 150 cm. But they can select you if it is -10% then the required criteria.
But you should be physically fit in other areas.

As a female candidate you can join Indian Army as an officer through combined defence service examination. This examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year. This exam is conducted for the selection of candidate as an officer in Indian Army, Air force and Navy.
Candidate apply for the CDS exam should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized university. Candidates who qualify the written examination will be called for the SSB Interview.
The SSB examination is conducted in 2 stages. Candidates who qualify t he stage 1 examination will go for the stage 2 examination in which three tests are conducted i.e physiological test, GTO test and Personal Interview. For more information on SSB examination you can also visit at the below web site of Indian Army:

http://joinindianarmy.nic.in/
3rd September 2012, 09:13 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing engineering? My height is 149 cm

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army after completion of Engineering i.e. B.Tech. with your present height of 149 cm provided you fulfill other eligibility criteria. Though the minimum height for female candidate is 150cm but you can be selected through certain provision.

As a female candidate you can join Indian Army as an officer through appearing CDS(Combined Defence Service) entrance exam conducted two times a year for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

To be eligible for Indian Army of CDS, you must be an unmarried National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or B.Tech. exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th September 2012, 10:26 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing engineering? My height is 149 cm

Hai,

Yeah....you are eligibe for Indian army for this you have to apply CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam. This exam is conducted by the UPPC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in every year, all details about this exam is given below

Eligibility criteria:-

The applicant should be complete graduation or any equivalent degree from a recognised university.

Final year graduation students are also eligible.

The applicant must be a citizen of india and must be physically fit.

Male and female both are eligible for CDS exam.

Age limits:-

The age limits are 19 years to 24 years, no upper age relaxation.

Selection procedure:-

***Written test,

***Personal interview,

***Medical test.

For more details visit below website

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
5th January 2013, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

I am an airmen in airforce . My qualification is
10 2 . Can I join army as an officer with this
qualification.
31st January 2013, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

i am kirankumar s k studying third year mech engineering and i want to join indian army what is your suggestion regarding this
12th April 2013, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

I am siddhi . I have specs .can I join Indian army ? is there any problem with specs in fitness test ?
1st August 2013, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

iam doing my physiotherapy n my height is 149cms..m i eligible for cds..pls suggest me
21st May 2020, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for afcat examination my height is 150 cm?
3rd February 2021, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

My name is aovila. My height is 149 cm and i also have specs so am i ellgible for OTA???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?