23rd December 2017, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Army with tattoo on my hand?

Am I eligible to join Indian Army with a tattoo in my hand? What are the criteria followed? Can you please give me the complete details on this? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the information soon as possible. Awaiting the response.

24th December 2017, 10:17 PM
NeptuneSpear

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army with tattoo on my hand?

Abiding by the medical standards of the Indian Army, tattoo is not permissible on anywhere on the body barring a few cases like a letter engrained on hand or wrist etc. As a matter of fact it entirely depends at the discretion of the doctor whether he will allow you or not. If you have any tattoo remove it as soon as you can otherwise it will create hurdles in your medical examination.
25th December 2017, 01:10 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

If Tattoo is permanent in nature then a candidate is rejected in physical fitness criteria of Indian Army. Kindly remove this if it is not permanent.
25th December 2017, 03:48 PM
SandyRockstar
Junior Member+

No sir you are not allowed as Tattoo on body is strictly prohibited in Indian Defence forces. Here i would suggest you to remove tattoo. There are many method available to remove tattoo now like Laser tattoo removing therapy. Using these methods you can easily remove tattoo completely.
25th December 2017, 05:14 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for Indian army with tattoo under certain conditions which are mentioned below.

- Tattoo is allowed on the inner side of the fore arms.
- If the candidate having tattoo on the back side of the palm is also allowed.
- If the candidate having tattoo in the palm are not allowed.

For more details about the tattoo are available in their official website.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?