20th June 2017, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army for a girl?

Hi Sir, I am studying in 2nd B.Com. I want to join Indian army after completing my final B.Com. I am physically fit but I am not good in sports. Am I eligible to join Indian girls army?

20th June 2017, 10:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army for a girl?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Army being a girl candidate. Only unmarried male candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Army. You should be in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years of age, should be an unmarried male candidate and should be physically as well as mentally healthy to be eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Army. So, being a girl candidate, you are not eligible to apply for NDA examination for joining Indian Army.
21st June 2017, 12:17 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Women can join the Indian army only when she has successfully completed her graduation/post graduation from a recognized university. You can eligible to join the Indian army for graduate entry in different branches such as arms, service, etc. based on your qualification. After that you have to write the exam and have to pass the SSB interview, then only you will get admitted in Indian army.
21st June 2017, 04:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to join Indian Army for Girl Candidates:

Yes, you are eligible to join Indian Army after completion of Graduation and the detailed procedure is given below. In order to join Indian Army, you are required to appear in Combined Defence Services Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. There are several wings in CDS and they are,

>> Officer Training Academy

>> Indian Military Academy

>> Naval Academy

>> Air Force Academy

The minimum educational qualification required to join Indian Army through CDS is Graduation, so you may apply after completion of your B.Com course. You are required to appear in Written Test of CDS recruitment and required to pass SSB Interview in order to get selected finally.
22nd June 2017, 04:22 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a second year student of bachelor degree course ( B.Com ) you need to first complete your graduation degree course and then qualify CDS entrance examination.

CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and to join the same you need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which includes Written Examination followed by SSB interview.

Further CDS has four wings which includes Naval Academy ( NA ), Air force Academy ( AFA ), Indian Military Academy ( IMA ) and Officer's Training Academy ( OTA ).

--> Further the minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in CDS entrance examination are as here under :-

* You must have hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 24 years for joining IMA ( Indian Army ).

* You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course from a recognized university.

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement as notified in the notification released for the same examination.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility to join Indian Army being not good in sports then for your information I would like to let you know that you just need not have to worry about the same as there is no such requirement.

For more updates and details regarding CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?