9th January 2018, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NEET 2018 exam after completion 12th from NIOS board?

Am I eligible for NEET 2018 exam after completion 12th from NIOS board? Can you please let me know what is the minimum criteria followed? It will be really helpful if you provide me with the details on this soon as possible. Thank you!

11th January 2018, 05:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET 2018 exam after completion 12th from NIOS board?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NEET ( National Eligibility Entrance Test ). The examination is conducted by CBSE.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board with PCB as main paper and have scored minimum 50%.

NIOS is a recognised board under Ministry of Human and Resource Development.

The minimum age limit is 17 years and maximum number of attempts is 3.

So, if you have above qualification you are eligible to appear in examination.
11th January 2018, 08:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NEET 2018 exam after completion 12th from NIOS board?

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate medical courses in any government or private medical colleges across India except AIIMS.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NEET 2018 having completed your Class 12th from NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible if you have completed your Class 12th academics with PCB group with at least 50% marks ( or 40% in case you belong to reserved category ) as NIOS board is a national board and hence its the validity of NIOS degree are still valid for NEET.

For more details and updates regarding NEET 2018 you can visit its official website www.cbseneet.nic.in
11th January 2018, 08:49 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination after completion of your 12th standard from NIOS Board. To be eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCB stream with minimum aggregate of 50% aggregate marks from a Government recognised board. So, if you have passed 12th standard with PCB stream from a Government recognised board, you are eligible to apply for NEET 2018 examination.
11th January 2018, 11:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling.

Eligibility criteria for NEET examination:

1. NIOS board candidates can apply for NEET exam.

2. You must have studied PCB subjects.

3. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam is required.

Notification for NEET exam is yet to be released for 2018.
11th January 2018, 11:58 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NEET is conducted by CBSE for admission in medical courses. The examination is conducted every year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that one must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper and have scored at least 50%.

The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of year of appearing in examination.

Since NIOS is a recognised board you are eligible to appear in it.
12th January 2018, 08:51 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes you are certainly eligible for appearing in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ) having completed your Class 12th from NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) board if your stream of academics is Science stream with PCB group and you have managed to qualify your Class 12th with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case you belong to reserved category candidate ) as NIOS board degree/certificates are valid for any higher studies course or jobs as NIOS board is one of the national board of education.

For more details and FAQs regarding NEET 2018 you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in .
12th January 2018, 04:21 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for NEET 2018 exam , as NIOS is a recognized board of Human and Resource Development (HRD) . NEET is a entrance exam of medical bills conducted by CBSE. A student should complete class 12 exam in science stream with PCB category to appear in NEET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?