24th January 2018, 12:00 AM
Niwedita Naman

Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam after failing in Physics but passing the overall exam of 12th?

I have failed in Physics theory as a single subject but, overall totally I am passed and I have secured passed certificate of Higher Secondary i.e., +12. So, am I eligible for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST - NEET exam conducted by CBSE?

25th January 2018, 06:00 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam after failing in Physics but passing the overall exam of 12th?

NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is an entrance exam conducted once in every year by CBSE. The candidates who qualify the exam will get admission into medical related field.

The eligibility requirements are as follows:

- The candidate who have completed the 10+2 or its equivalent education in PCB related stream from any recognised board.
- The minimum percentage required is 50% for general candidates, 40% for OBC/ SC/ ST and 45% for PwD candidates.
- The minimum age is 17 years and maximum age is 25 years. There is age relaxation for reservation candidates based on the government rules.

So, based on the eligibility requirements, you need to have 50% in your 12th class then you are eligible for NEET exam.

For more details about NEET exam visit the official website of NEET.
25th January 2018, 06:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NEET exam after failing in Physics but passing the overall exam of 12th?

No, you are not eligible to appear in NEET examination after failing in Physics subject even if you have qualified all other subjects in 12th standard. To be eligible to appear in NEET examination, you should have to pass 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a Government recognised board. Since, you have not qualified Physics subject, you have to appear in Supplementary examinations and get qualified, so, that you are eligible to appear in NEET examination.
25th January 2018, 08:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and same is a national level entrance examination held by CBSE once every year for offering admission in an undergraduate medical degree course in various government and private medical colleges.

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NEET is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and, Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks ( or 40% marks in case you belong to reserved category ) overall from a recognized board of education. Students is required to clear his/her PCB group subjects individually.

So having failed in Physics paper of your higher secondary school degree you are not eligible for appearing in NEET unless you qualify your Physics paper.

For more details regarding NEET you can visit its official website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
25th January 2018, 09:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you are fail in Physics, you are not eligible to appear for NEET entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear in entrance examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main paper.

So, only after qualifying in Physics through compartment or regular mode , you will become eligible to appear for NEET.
25th January 2018, 10:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria for NEET examination.

1. You must have done 12th from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology etc. Minimum percentage of 50% marks in board examination is required.

2. You must be minimum of 17 years on 31st December of year of examination.

You can not apply for NEET examination after failing in Physics.
25th January 2018, 10:55 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge you have to pass in all 5 subjects then only you will be eligible to apply for NEET entrance examination.
You will be considered passed only if you have passed in all 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry, Biology. As well as you having Biology as main subject.
26th January 2018, 08:16 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

Minimum Eligibility criteria for this exam:

You must have passed for 10+2 board exams from any recognized board with essential subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

The minimum percentage of marks required to apply for this exam is 50%.

You can not apply for this exam with failed status in Physics subject.

You can apply for this exam once you clear this subject either through compartment exam or through regular exam.
26th January 2018, 12:27 PM
nishanth60

No, you are not eligible to apply for NEET examination as you have failed in physics theory subject. You can apply for this exam once you clear the physics exam.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by CBSE board once every year and it is a national level medical examination.
And the minimum educational qualification required to apply for this exam is 12 th standard pass or the candidates appearing 12 th standard exam with subjects biology, chemistry and physics.
And Aadhaar card is mandatory to apply for this exam & age limit to apply for this exam is 17-25 years.
And maximum number of attempts allowed are 3 times and exam fee is ₹ 1400/- for General, OBC candidates & ₹ 750/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
26th January 2018, 12:29 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.
No, you are not eligible to appear in NEET exam as you failed in Physics subject in 10+2 exam.

Eligibility criteria to appear in NEET exam is written below.
>> Candidates must pass 10+2 class board exam in science stream with PCB with minimum 50% marks to apply for NEET exam.
>> Candidates have to pass Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in 10+2 exam with minimum 50% marks.
26th January 2018, 06:30 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but you are not eligible for NEET if you are failed in Physics. If you will clear your arrears in Physics then you will be eligible for NEET.

Eligibility criteria for NEET are:-

Qualifying Examination:- 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as subjects.

Minimum Age Limit:- 17 years

Maximum Attempts:- 3

Qualifying Marks:- UR - 50%, OBC/SC/ST - 40%, PWD - 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects)

Nationality:- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals
29th January 2018, 12:18 AM
Vikasjhacds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niwedita Naman View Post
I have failed in Physics theory as a single subject but, overall totally I am passed and I have secured passed certificate of Higher Secondary i.e., +12. So, am I eligible for NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST - NEET exam conducted by CBSE?
After passing 12th with physics, chemistry and biology you are eligible for NEET Exam..

NEET Exam is conducted by CBSE one in a year.

Eligibility for admission through NEET:-

Pass 12th with minimum 50% marks through medical stream..

Age limit:- 17 year to 25 year.

Maximum 3 attempts is given....

Online application is stated from last weak of January.

Exam will be conducted in frist sunday of may.
15th March 2018, 07:47 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

NEET stands for National eligibility cum entrance test and it is conducted by CBSE, to take admission in MBBS

1). Candidates should have passed 12th with PCB combination .

Candidates should have secured 50 % marks in 12th.
Age limit :- 17 years to 25 years
5th September 2018, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I passed my 12th with 70%marks but obtained 27%marks in physics. Can i eligible for neet2019?
1st November 2018, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

I've given 12 but I wasn't passed in physics but I'm giving paper this year again, should I'll able to give neet this year?
13th August 2020, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I overall got 45 in physics exam with my practical marks.but i got only 16 in my theory paper.Am i still eligible for neet?
2nd August 2021, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i got 45 marks in physics in 12 th board but i got 16 marks in theory can i eligible for neet
18th June 2022, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

I got 40 marks in physics and theory I got 15 means did I eligible for neet exam
16th June 2023, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

If I fail in physics out of 6 six subject in class 12th ,then can I apply in neet exam??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?