19th April 2020, 08:01 PM
Kamala Sharma

Am I eligible for NET with 5.69 in MA English?

Am I eligible for NET with MA in English with 5.69 CGPA? I wish to opt for English branch in NET. And, when is the NET exam going to be conducted for 2020 session?

25th April 2020, 11:27 PM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET with 5.69 in MA English?

NET refers to National Eligibility Test and it is held twice every year by NTA (National Testing Agency) for the recruitment of Assistant Professor and JRFs across various recognised university.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks (or equivalent Grade) from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Master's degree course i.e; MA with 5.69 CGPA, you are eligible to apply for NET if your Grade Point is equivalent to at least 55% (or 50% in case of reserved category candidates) marks as per your university norms.

For now NTA NET 2020 (June) is scheduled to be held between 15 June to 20 June 2020.

For more details regarding the same examination, you can visit its official link www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?