28th March 2015, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?

Hello,
My graduation has completed with English Language and Economics.
But I'm doing my Post Graduation with English Literature.
Can I apply for NET after my PG?
Kindly advice me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Post Graduate Teacher if done graduation in English Language & Economics?
  2. How to do M.Phil after completing M.A and B.A in English Language and Literature?
  3. How to do M.Phil after completing my B.A and M.A in English Language and Literature?
  4. Am I eligible for PGT English after completing M.A English, B.A English Literature?
  5. Can we choose Tamil as an optional subject for IAS mains exam? Institutes providing coaching in that subject?
  6. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  7. Books to be referred to prepare for the entrance of masters in Linguistics?
  8. What's the percentage requirement for B.Ed course? I've completed BA(English and literature) and secured 46.75% marks
  9. Which is better to do PhD in English Language or English Literature?
  10. Which subjects and boards are suitable for a 11th and 12th standard students?
  11. How to apply for BL after completing B.A English Literature?
  12. Can I do M.A after completing of IIIE exam?
  13. What should I choose after completion of my BA in English literature? I have a good communication skill in English -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am i eligible for MA in English after my graduation in elective English with 48% marks?
  15. List of universities which offer Ph.D in English Language/Literature in India?
  16. Am I eligible for M.Phil program in English from Mannu University after my MA in English with 49% marks?
  17. Am I eligible for the lecturer post in any government college after doing M.A in English Literature and M.Phil in English Language?
  18. How to do M.A English Literature through distance?
2nd April 2015, 11:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My graduation has completed with English Language and Economics.
But I'm doing my Post Graduation with English Literature.
Can I apply for NET after my PG?
Kindly advice me.
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

http://www.ugc.ac.in
4th April 2015, 05:04 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET if pursuing PG in English Literature but completed Graduation with English Language and Economics?

According to the norms of the UGC, the eligibility criteria for the NET examination is as follows :

* Any candidate should have possess a post graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3+2 of atleast.

* The candidate should have passed the PG with at least 55% marks aggregate.

* The candidate should be older than 21 years.

Any candidate fulfilling the above said criteria is eligible to write the examination.
4th April 2015, 10:12 PM
kunalroy89

Yes you are eligible for NET.
Your graduation subjects will not matter.Infact your post graduation subject is of prime importance as you will be allowed to appear in NET only in that subject. Graduation subjects are long gone.Do not bring them now for eligibility.
Your marks in Post Graduation should be above 55% for general and 50% for OBC/SC/ST.

You can also check the website of UGC to know more about NET.
CBSE conducts the exam of NET so they also have one official site and you can check that as well.
www.cbsenet.nic.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?