10th October 2015, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET in English?

I am doing M.Ed . I have done my U.G in English but I haven't completed my P.G in English. Am I eligible for applying in NET?

10th October 2015, 03:12 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing M.Ed . I have done my U.G in English but I haven't completed my P.G in English. Am I eligible for applying in NET?
Those students who have successfully completed their Master's in English from recognized university with minimum 55% are eligible for NET exam. You cannot apply for NET exam as you do not satisfy the eligibility criteria of NET exam.
10th October 2015, 04:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam in English.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Marks distribution for each papers of NET Exam:-

Section 1 - 100 marks(60 questions are there)
Section 2 - 100 marks(50 questions are there)
Section 3 - 150 marks(75 questions are there)

For more details about NET exam click on the official link http://www.ugc.ac.in
10th October 2015, 04:48 PM
poojamit
Member+

You need to do P.G which is must for NET entrance. As per criteria candidate who's pursuing PG can apply for it. When you'll purse your P.G, you can give this exam. I would suggest you to complete your masters as well.
10th October 2015, 04:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for NET with only UG qualification in English. You need a post graduation degree in English with at least 55% marks to become eligible for the exam. For reserved category 50% marks in required.

M.Ed is not considered post graduation degree and it will not help you to become eligible for UGC NET. Hence, you have to pursue post graduation now.
10th October 2015, 07:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

So, sorry you are not eligible to appear for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the UGC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the master's degree from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be less than 28 year if opt for the JRF.
* Candidates must have minimum 55% aggregate in the master's degree.

So you are not eligible for the examination. So pursue the course and appear in the examination. The examination is conducted in the month of the June and December.
For more information about the examination visit at the www.ugc.ac.in.
11th October 2015, 12:19 AM
JSD.

BBA is Bachelor in business administration, and MBA is Master in business administration. Both are interlinked courses. If one is having aim to do the MBA later then it will be good to do the BBA as bachelor degree course.

The basic eligibility criteria for doing the BBA course is, to complete the +2 course in any stream from a recognised board with percentile.

The basic eligibility criteria for the MBA course is to have a bachelor degree course in any stream from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks in the aggregate.
11th October 2015, 12:27 PM
H Rimmy

Sorry, No you are not eligible for NET in English.For NET in English you have to completed your PG (Post Graduate) degree in English with minimum 55% to 60% marks from any recognized University.

So In this way you are not eligible because you have not degree of P.G. in English.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?