17th October 2016, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after B.Com? Process of doing PhD?

I have just passed my B.Com exams of final year. Am I eligible for net exam? Can I do PhD and also explain me that what is process for that?

17th October 2016, 09:14 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after B.Com? Process of doing PhD?

NET qualification is not a compulsion for admission in PH.D programme but it will help you to edge over other candidates for getting admission in a top university. If you don't have NET score then also you can apply for admission but chances will be less for selection.
Without NET score you will get admission most probably in a private university which will conduct their own entrance exam and interview.

Personally I would like to suggest you to appear in NET exam and score something will be better for you to get admission in government or top university as per your rank in the merit list.
17th October 2016, 11:04 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

NET- National Eligibility Test conducted by UGC

The eligible Candidate must be an Indian national having completed post graduation degree in any stream with 55% marks from recognised University.

There is no restriction to the upper age limit for those applying for lectureship but those applying for JRF should be with in the age of 20 years.

After B.com you are not eligible for Net. So you have to complete your post graduation with no less then 55% marks in order to apply for NET.

Eligibility:-

You need to have master's degree from a recognised University with at least 55% Marks.

Age limit:-

There is no age limit for Ph.D.
18th October 2016, 12:35 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just passed my B.Com exams of final year. Am I eligible for net exam? Can I do PhD and also explain me that what is process for that?
No, after completion of B.Com course, you are not eligible for UGC NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
18th October 2016, 12:36 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible for PhD course after doing B.COM. You have to complete your post graduation with minimum of 55% marks. After that you have to give NET exam which is a qualifying exam for PhD course. For more information you can go to the official website of CBSE. Thanks
25th January 2019, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

After M.com what is the procedure for applying UGC NET exam or what are the papers conduct in NET exam and what is the passing criteria for general/open category?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?