6th September 2011, 03:52 PM
SANJAY .B.S.

Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc IT from Karnataka State Open University in Distance Mode?

sir,
i had completed M.SC(IT) in karnataka state open university(KSOU) in distance education mode. am i eligible for appearing in NETexam . please reply soon

Related Questions:
  1. Completed MSc IT(Distance Learning) from Karnataka State Open University : Am I eligible for NET exam?
  2. Can we get government job after completing B.Tech in distance mode in Karnataka Open State University
  3. Can we get a government job after completing B.Tech in distance mode in Karnataka State Open University?
  4. Can I be eligible to attend NET after completing MSc Physics from Kuvempu University Karnatak in distance mode?
  5. Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc in Distance Mode with 65%?
  6. Am I eligible for Government Sector Jobs after completing B.Tech from Karnataka State Open University through Distance learning? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I give the examination of UGC NET after completing MSc IT with 65% from Karnataka State Open University?
  8. How to take admission in B.Tech in distance mode at Karnataka Open University
  9. Can I get government jobs in Karnataka after passing from Karnataka State Open University?
  10. Is B.Tech course offered by Karnataka State Open University Distance Mode approved by Joint Committee?
  11. Is B.Tech degree offered by Karnataka State Open University through distance education mode?
  12. Is KSOU B.Tech valid for government jobs?
  13. List of universities offering M.Tech through correspondence? Is completing M.Tech from Karnataka state open university beneficial for promotion as H.O.D?
  14. Am I eligible to do BA graduation twice? -- [New]
  15. What are the job opportunities after M.Sc Geography?
  16. Is the diploma engineering and B.Tech from Karnataka State Open University approved?
  17. Can I do BCA course after doing ITI Mechanical?
  18. Am I eligible for government sector job after doing B.Tech in Electrical from Karnataka Open University in Distance Mode?
6th September 2011, 05:11 PM
vijendradutt

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc IT from Karnataka State Open University in Distance Mode?

National Eligibility Test (NET) is the national level entrance examination for postgraduate
candidates.For NET exam you must be graduated from UGC recognised university.

Eligibility Criteria for appearing in NET Examination is listed above:

a) Qualifications
Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category and Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.

Only those candidates, who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree as,are eligible to appear for NET examination.

The Candidates should appear in the subject of their Post Graduation. However, the candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects given at item No. 13 below, may appear in the subject related to their Post Graduation subject.

Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate shall not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents enclosed with their application. The Commission may call for any document(s) at a later stage to verify the eligibility of the candidates.

Best of Luck.....
6th September 2011, 05:23 PM
Tulasinagababu

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after completing MSc IT from Karnataka State Open University in Distance Mode?

Conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC), National Eligibility Test (NET) is the national level entrance examination for postgraduate candidates. NET is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and eligibility for Lectureship in various Indian universities and colleges. National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted in 77 subjects at 66 selected university centres around the country.The Examination is conducted in Humanities (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science.

The national level Test for determining the eligibility of candidates for the award of Junior Research Fellowship/Lectureship in Science subjects (Chemical Sciences; Mathematical Sciences and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean & Planetary Sciences; Life Sciences; Physical Sciences) is conducted jointly with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi. The candidates in science subjects, desirous of availing UGC-JRF or obtaining eligibility for Lectureship in these subjects are advised to appear in the Joint CSIR-UGC Test for Junior Research Fellowship and Eligibility for Lectureship conducted by CSIR.

Candidates who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject. The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work in accordance with the procedure prescribed by them. The award of JRF will depend on the performance of the candidate in NET. The qualified candidates will also be eligible for Lectureship. However, the candidates qualifying exclusively for Lectureship will not be considered for award of JRF.

Candidates appearing in NET should clearly specify in the prescribed Application Form whether they are applying for both JRF & eligibility for Lectureship OR only for eligibility for Lectureship. Candidates who qualify the Test for eligibility for Lectureship will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of Lecturers of the concerned universities/ colleges/ state governments, as the case may be. Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Visually Handicapped(VH)/ Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates will be given such special concessions as may be decided by the Commission. Candidates qualifying for the award of Junior Research Fellowship will be eligible to receive fellowship of the UGC under various schemes, subject to finding their placement in universities/ IITs/ institutions. The validity period of the offer is one year w.e.f. the date of issue of JRF Award Letter. However, in case the candidates have already joined M.Phil/ Ph.D., the date of commencement of fellowship shall be from the date of declaration of NET result or date of their joining, whichever is later.
6th September 2011, 05:36 PM
manjujangir

i hav completed b.com regular &m.b.a.correspondance can i give exam of net
6th September 2011, 05:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of your qualification you are eligible to appear for this exam. KSOU is a recognised. But you need to satisfy certain other criteria too. You need to have secured a minimum of 55% at the postgraduation level. The forms for the December exam will be available till 6th September. The application forms should reach the authorities by 6th September.
10th September 2011, 01:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANJAY .B.S. View Post
sir,
i had completed M.SC(IT) in karnataka state open university(KSOU) in distance education mode. am i eligible for appearing in NETexam . please reply soon
dear friend,

After M.SC(IT) , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance

thanks
8th February 2012, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR GOVERNMENT SECTOR JOB AFTER COMPLETED BCA FORM KSOU.
16th July 2012, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

i had completed the degree of M.E. STRUCTURE at 2010 from GOVT. COLLEGE UJJAIN. how would i have to proceed for NET exam
1st September 2012, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my m.com in karnataka state open university .Can i know that i am eligible for writing NET exam. PLease reply soon sir
6th July 2013, 08:12 AM
Unregistered

I have passed M.Sc(Physics) with 58% from kuvempu university,DDE. Whether I am eligible for lecturership in Colleges recognised by UGC/AICTE. Please reply soon
6th July 2013, 04:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for UGC NET if you have you have completed M.Sc. IT from Karnataka State Open University is Distance Mode.

KSOU is a recognized University you don't worry about the eligibility criteria.

All you have to make sure is that you have got 55% marks in M.Sc. IT if you belong to General category.

There is relaxation in marks for SC/ST/PWD category of 5% and they need only 50% marks in the M.Sc IT.

Age Limit:

There is no age limit for Lecturership and for Junior Research Felloships your age must be below 28 years.

Exam Pattern:

The examination will have three papers and the questions will be objective type in nature.

There will be no negative marking in this exam.

For more information visit http://www.ugcnetonline.in
24th March 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir Now only i am going to complete my Msc lT this is my last year i am doing my PG in Bharathiyar university in distance mode am i eligible for this exam please rply me soon
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?