10th September 2011, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam after doing PG in Mass Communication?

hi i am pg diploma holder in mass communications and i want to know thai is i am eligible for net exam or not ?

Related Questions:
  1. Universities offering Lateral Entry in M.A.(Mass Communication) course? Can I apply for NET after this course?
  2. Am I eligible for NET exam after doing PG in Mass Communication?
  3. Is it beneficial to study B.Com with Mass Communication if secured 81% in 12th?
  4. Should I have to appear in UGC-NET to study PhD in Mass Communication?
  5. Am I eligible for NET Exam in Lectureship pursuing Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism?
  6. Cutoff for Petroleum Engineering course in top colleges? Which are the top colleges in Pune?
  7. Can I prepare for the entrance exam of mass communication if I dont like Mathematics in 11th?
  8. Mass Communication graduates are eligible for UPSC exam?
  9. Is it possible to do course in Mass communication after 12th Commerce?
  10. For doing PG in Mass Communication is it necessary to do BA with Mass Communication?
  11. Can i make career in Mass Communication after studying 12th with humanities? -- [New]
  12. Which colleges under Delhi University offer Mass communication course? Which are the entrance exams for Mass communication course? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Diploma in Mass Communication if completed 12th a year ago?
  14. How to apply for NET exam after doing PG in mass communication from distance course
  15. IGNOU Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication-Introduction to Journalism and Mass Communication Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Am I eligible to study Master's in Mass Communication if pursuing PG Diploma course after completed B.A.(English)?
  17. Am I eligible for NET exam after doing PG Diploma in Mass Communication?
  18. Possibility to study M.A.(Mass Communication) fr B.A.(English Literature) candidate?
11th September 2011, 12:24 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam after doing PG in Mass Communication?

Eligibility Criteria for appearing in NET Examination

The Below are the List of Qualification or Eligibility Criteria, i have take this From ugc net Website.

a) Qualifications
  • Candidates belonging to the General/Other Backward Classes (OBC) who have secured at least 55% marks (without grace or rounding off in Master's Degree (or equivalent) examination in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Forensic Science, Environmental Science, Computer Science and Applications, Electronic Sciences etc. are eligible to appear for this examination. Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) category and Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without grace or rounding off) in Master's degree (or equivalent) examination are eligible to appear in the NET examination.

• Those candidates who have even secured 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% marks or below for SC/ST & PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree or equivalent Examination are NOT eligible for this Test. THERE IS NO PROVISION OF ROUNDING OFF OF MARKS TO MAKE IT 55% (50% FOR SC/ST and PH/VH).

• Candidates who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master's Degree examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of JRF/Lectureship eligibility, only after they have passed the Master's Degree examination (or) equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) within one year from the date of UGC_NET examination under consideration.In case, these candidates fail to obtain their P.G. Degree/Mark-sheet within one year from the date of the relevant UGC_NET examination, they will be treated as disqualified.

• Only those candidates, who have completed/ are pursuing a UGC specified degree as given in Item No.18, are eligible to appear for NET examination.

• The Candidates should appear in the subject of their Post Graduation. However, the candidates whose Post Graduation subject is not covered in the list of subjects given at item No. 13 below, may appear in the subject related to their Post Graduation subject.

• Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that an admission card has been issued to a candidate shall not imply that the Commission has finally accepted his/her candidature. Candidates may note that their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents enclosed with their application. The Commission may call for any document(s) at a later stage to verify the eligibility of the candidates.
11th September 2011, 12:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i am pg diploma holder in mass communications and i want to know thai is i am eligible for net exam or not ?
dear friend,

After PG in Mass Communication , you are eligible for NET exam but your degree must be from UGC approved university.

Those candidate have completd masters degree from recogniged university are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

Part time course are not eligible for NET exam.

For Junior research fellowship course your age must be in between 19 to 28 years.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.

NET exam is conduct because of govt college lecturer and PHD entrance.

December session exam is not announced yet so you can visit regularly to the UGC website.

thanks
11th September 2011, 05:50 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for NET exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the PG course from a recognized university.
*The candidate should have 55% aggregate in PG course for general and OBC category...
For SC/ST the criteria is 50% aggregate..

Age eligibility:-

For Junior Research Fellowship:-
*The candidates age should not be more 28 years..
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years.

For Lectureship:-
*There is no upper age limit for this course..

If you have done your PG course in mass communication from a recognized university, then you are eligible for NET exam.
All the best.
15th November 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for M A Communication in Madras Christian College ? Whether there is NET exam for that?
18th February 2012, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

I have done my MA in English(Media and Communication) from The English and Foreign Languages university, Hyderabad. Am i eligible to sit for this test?
20th June 2012, 02:58 AM
Unregistered

Can a candidate holding a degree of Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism from Asian COllege of Journalism, Chennai eligible for this test ? As I am not aware whether ACJ Chennai is approved by UGC or not so plzzz guide me ???
13th July 2012, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

can i appear NET exam after doing Mass Communication & Journalism in correspondence?
16th August 2012, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Is there any course i can do after PG journalism? I am not interested in doing Phd. Is MBA media management useful after PG in journalism?
12th December 2014, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I have done BJMC, Bachelors in journalism and mass communication. After which i have done MA in mass communication. I have secured above 60% in both, i am eligible for NET Journalism and mass comm exam?
10th December 2016, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

I have finished my PG in Mass communication, my UG in English, in which major I have to do my M. pill.
18th June 2019, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

I have done my PG in Mass communication &media studies can I eligible for UGC NET exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?