1st August 2012, 01:56 PM
shaima02

Am I eligible for NET Exam having scored 52.5% of marks in M.Com course?

I am pass m.com in 2012 with 52.50% with specialization in economics so can eligible for net examination. i listen that minimum 55% should be needed for examination.

1st August 2012, 03:13 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam having scored 52.5% of marks in M.Com course?

Hi Friend........

I am sorry to say you, you are not Eligible for NET Examination with 52.5% Percentage marks in your Post Graduation....

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Exam conducted by UGC (University Grant Commission) in yearly twice

The Minimum Educational Requirement For NET

Educational Qualifications for UGC NET : -

** Candidates are eligible to appear in NET who have completed/pursuing a UGC Specified Master's Degree

> Candidate who have secured at least 55% marks ( without grace or rounding off) in Master's Degree

so friend now your not eligible for NET exam, first you wright your PG Improvement then after apply for UGC NET

thanking you,

all the best

Regards

tash
1st August 2012, 03:25 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam having scored 52.5% of marks in M.Com course?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is the entrance exam for aspirants who wishes to become lecturer in central government colleges. If teaching college students is your passion then you must pass the NET exam before you could apply for lecturer job. NET exam is conducted by the University Grant Comission. Through this exam central government tries to ensure that right candidate gets the job in central government colleges so that the standard of education remains high.

NET is a highly competitive exam today in India for the job in central government. Not everybody can crack this exam and get lecturer job. This is the reason why aspirants take coaching classes well in advance to make sure that they manage to make the cut in first attempt.

As far as percentage eligibility is concerned, yes you have heard it right, the minimum required percentage to appear for NET exam is 55 percent. However if you belong to SC/ST category then you can appear for NET exam since the required percentage criteria would be 50 percent in such case. Otherwise I am extremely sorry to say but you are not eligible to appear in NET exam.

Here are the complete details in case you are still eligible:

1. The qualification criteria for NET is post graduate degree in any stream.

2. However the minimum percentage criteria as I mentioned earlier is 55 percent for General candidates.

3. For SC/ST it is 50 percent.

4. The age limit for JRF is 28 years.

5. No upper age limit for lecturer job.

6. You can appear in NET during final year of masters course.

7. But ensure that you meet the percentage requirement after completing the course.

8. Your subject of masters course should be the subject of NET Exam.

Each state conducts its own exam for lecturer jobs in state government colleges which is called SET. However the requirement of SET is same as the National Eligibility Test therefore if you didn't made the requirement of NET you won't be eligible for SET either.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?