15th July 2011, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET Exam in my 4th year of B.Tech?

Sir, I had completed the 3years course in Diploma and now I am in the 4th year of B.Tech for the same field, so I just want to know if I am eligible or not to appear for the UGC NET for the month of December 2011. Please kindly help me.
Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to complete 4th year of B.Tech in UK or USA?
  2. Am i eligible for PSU exam after scoring below 60%? I am a student of B.Tech 4th year from electronics and communication branch
  3. Can we do MBA in 4th year of B.Tech?
  4. Can I eligible to get jon in Infosys having secured 76.99% in 10th, 68.44% in 12th and pursuing 4th year B.Tech?
  5. What is the last date to apply for JTO exam? I am studying B.Tech 4th year
  6. Is Btech equivalent to msc? can i write csir net exam with btech
  7. Maths solved question papers of previous year for 4th semester exam of B.Tech(CSE)?
  8. Am I eligible for giving JRF NET December exam after doing B.Tech biotech?
  9. After btech want to be pilot -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to appear for JAM Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of EEE?
  11. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-4th Sem Metallurgy And Material Science Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  12. Kurukshetra University B.Tech in CSE 4th Sem Object Oriented Programming Using C++ Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  13. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?
  14. Am I eligible for JTO exam while in 4th year B.Tech?
  15. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject? -- [New]
  16. Cochin University B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering-4th Sem Thermal Engineering-II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. What should I do after completing B.Tech? I am a 4th year B.Tech Civil Engineering student with 70% aggregate
  18. Details about the bank jobs? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year
15th July 2011, 02:03 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam in my 4th year of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I had completed the 3years course in Diploma and now I am in the 4th year of B.Tech for the same field, so I just want to know if I am eligible or not to appear for the UGC NET for the month of December 2011. Please kindly help me.
Thank you.
No, You are Not Eligible for NET Examination.

Because For UGC NET Examination, You have to purse a Post Graduate degree course from a recognised University And You have now pursuing your Bachelor Course in Engineering, So You are Not eligible for NET Examination.

To apply for NET Examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course with at lest 55% marks from a recognised University.

The Examination was Held 2 times in a year, First in June and Then In December, Eligible candidates may apply for NET Examination Online, The examination fees of NET Examination was Rs 450. The examination fees you have to paid in the form of challan in the State Bank Of India Branches.

So, If you are Interested in NET Examination, Then please complete your Post Graduate course and then you are eligible for NET Examination. And For more information about NET Examination, Please visit the UGC Website -

http://ugcnetonline.in
15th July 2011, 05:04 PM
Sagar Keshari

no you are not allowed for the exam till you complet your engineering or any equivalent examination or graduation because for net you should have passed through out with atleast fifty percentage marks and must be go between age of twenty one to twenty seven.
15th July 2011, 06:10 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no. you are not eligiable for NET Exam after B.Tech.

actually
15th July 2011, 06:13 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no, you are not eligible for NET Exam after B.Tech.

actually NET exam is only allow for the general study mastered candidate.

through this exam mastered student are got eligiable to get chance as a lecturer in the general college.

but for the technical belongs candidate only needs M.TECH
15th July 2011, 06:14 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

NET is taken by UGC twice in a year for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the---

1)Award of Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and/or
2)Eligibility for Lectureship in Indian universities and colleges.

But you are not eligible for NET because it is the exam for those who has completed their post graduation or in the final year of their post graduation degree.

Eligibility Conditions

Educational Qualification:

You should have secured minimum of 55% marks in Masters Degree OR equivalent examination from a recognised Universities/Institutions in Arts, Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc...

Relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates...

Final Year students are also eligible to apply.

Age Limit:

You should not be more than 28 years.

Relaxation of 5 years SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH categories.

So you can apply for NET after completing your master's degree....
15th July 2011, 10:46 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for NET Exam in my 4th year of B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thank you.
Hey friend,

NET - National Eligibility Test

NET exam is conducted by UGC(University Grants Commission).It is conducted for candidates who want to become a lecturer in colleges or universities.

The candidates must have completed their PG from a recognized university.You need to do your post graduate ti be eligible for the exam.

The age limit for the candidates who want to be a part of JRF should have above 28 years.

The candidates must have completed their PG with 55% aggregate and for SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH it is 50%.

For more information check at http://www.ugc.ac.in

Thank you.
15th July 2011, 10:50 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

You have to purse a Post Graduate degree course from a recognised University And You have now pursuing your Bachelor Course in Engineering, So You are Not eligible for NET Examination.

To apply for NET Examination you need to complete your Post Graduate degree course with at lest 55% marks from a recognised University.

So, If you are Interested in NET Examination, Then please complete your Post Graduate course and then you are eligible for NET Examination. And For more information about NET Examination.
16th July 2011, 12:59 AM
luckykai007

Hello friend

For the NET exam you have to have a minimum of the post graduate degree from a recognized university

And as you have not even completed your Bachelor degree so according to me you are not eligible for the NET exam

For the details info you can go to site http://ugcnetonline.in
16th July 2011, 01:31 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

CSIR-UGC NET Exam for Science stream is conducted by CSIR in the following areas

Chemical Sciences
Earth Sciences
Life Sciences
Mathematical Sciences
Physical Sciences

ELIGIBLITY

For Junior Research Fellowship - Not more than 28 years. A relaxation upto 5
years is provided to SC, ST and for OBC candidates.

For Lectureship - There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

If you have Master’s Degree with 55% from universities recognised by UGC.
Final year students are also take the exam.

So as you have only done Btech so it mean that you are not eligible to take the exam .
6th August 2011, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

i am a m.tech student.can i eligible for net?
17th August 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

sir i am a b.tech in electronics and communication.am i eligible for net?
19th August 2011, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Iam doing B.Tech in electronics and communication. can i do Msc. in physics and then apply for NET exam.I want to be Physics Professor ?? What i have to Do?? please give me information in Details.

Thank you.
7th September 2011, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

I am a B.tech graduate shall a write a net exam
4th October 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

sir i have completed my MA IN TELUGU this year... i did't receive my certificates.... i have not appeared for NET exam which was conducted in JUNE . . . . SIR I AM I eligible for NET which will conduct on DECEMBER plz rep me sir
4th October 2011, 09:01 PM
Tejasrk

21st December 2011, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I have done graduation. and also done sangeet praveen ,I asking you can i appear in ugc net examination
21st April 2013, 06:32 PM
salilsrivastav

Smile Re: Am i appear in ugc net exam?

I have done graduation. and also done sangeet praveen prayag saneet samiti allahabad ,I asking you can i appear in ugc net examination.
21st April 2013, 06:39 PM
salilsrivastav

Smile Re: Am i appear in ugc net exam?

I have done graduation. and also done sangeet praveen prayag saneet samiti allahabad ,I asking you can i appear in ugc net examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?