10th June 2012, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?

i am studying btech 4th year...
how to prepare for the ias exam. whhat are the basics we should know...
tell clear details about the sujects...

12th July 2012, 02:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am studying btech 4th year...
how to prepare for the ias exam. whhat are the basics we should know...
tell clear details about the sujects...
As per Civil service exam pattern, You should be a graduate with atleast 50% aggregate. You can write the exam if you are above 21 years old. This is the only eligibility criteria.

And for the exam pattern, It is conducted in three stages, pre exam, then mains, then interview. Procedure starts from May.

You have to select, two optional subject for mains, two language papers . When you select optionals, make sure that you don't select two engineering subjects, which is not allowed for example physics and maths not allowed.

Pre exam will be based on GK and current affairs which economy, politics, business, environment, policies and laws etc. There will some aptitude questions also including general ability questions.

Once you clear pre exam, then you can write Mains. After this interview, which is most crucial for selection.

Around 900 candidates are selected which are then allotted All India Allied services. Notification for this exam comes in February in Employment news and all national dailies. And exam starts from May.

The number of attempts are limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST.
22nd January 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 4th year of B.Tech course?

How to prepare for IAS exams while pursuing 4th B.tech IT and study materialS related to IAS?
26th January 2013, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Madam,
I m persuing b.tech final year in electronics and communication trade as of now. I want to become an IAS officer. so plz help me how should i start my preparation? and plz suggest me some links where i can download study materials for preparation...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?