15th June 2016, 11:56 AM
laurlove

Am I eligible for PCS exam after completion of BA with 60% marks?

Hello Sir/Mam,

I have done my B.A with 60% marks. or English Punjabi typing.am i eligible for pcs exam. if not which govt. competition exam can i appear? Can you please provide me the details on this? I need to know the information soon.

15th June 2016, 01:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PCS exam after completion of BA with 60% marks?

Candidates passed bachelor degree from any recognised university with minimum passing percentage are eligible to appear for PCS examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination for recruitment as an Officer. For final selection candidates have to qualify in all stages ( written and interview ) of examination.

For more information about examination visit at official website of state education board official website.
15th June 2016, 01:52 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for PCS examination after bachelor degree.

The minimum required eligibility to appear for the examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree. The age limit depends on different PCS examination.

So, you need to visit the official portal to get more detail about eligibility criteria to appear for examination.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for other government jobs examination after bachelor degree. You can appear for banking, railway, civil services etc.
15th June 2016, 02:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

PCS or PSC refers to Public Service Commission and these examinations are held for recruitment of administrative officers.

Generally, PSC examinations are of two types. One is Civil Services conducted by UPSC and other is state PSC held by concerned state for recruitment of officer for looking around the administrative works within their respective state.

All these PSC examinations are held once every year and comprises of three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> Also for appearing in these examinations you must have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years for appearing in Civil Services examination if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms. Also the age limit for different State PSC are different and hence to get the exact age limit of any state PSC you can refer to its respective official link.

Apart from PSC, you have government job options in the banking field, Indian Military, Teaching profession and much more.
15th June 2016, 02:56 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for PCS exam after completion of B.A. with 60% marks.

PCS is an acronym for Punjab Civil Services.

PCS is a combined competitive exam conducted by the Punjab Public Service Commission to make recruitment for different posts in Punjab.

Eligibility criteria for PCS exam are as under :-

-The candidate should possess Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university.The candidate appearing for final year of their degree course are also eligible to apply for the preliminary exam.

-The candidate must have passed Punjabi in 10th or in equivalent standard.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 21 years to 38 years.There is relaxation in upper age limit for Scheduled castes and Backward classes candidates of Punjab by 5 years.

-Selection Criteria :-

* PCS Preliminary Examination ,

* PCS Mains Examination .
15th June 2016, 04:04 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

PCS stands for Public Commissioned Service or earlier it was called Provincial Civil Services. Today this is also known as Public Service Commission. PCS exams are conducted by different state government of each state for recruitment of candidates into different posts under state government.

The general eligibility criteria followed for this exam is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university with passing percentage of marks is enough to write this exam. Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for this examination.

Age limit followed by most of state PSC is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for reserved category candidates. You can apply for any state PCS exam after completion of bachelor's degree in arts with 60% marks. For more details, you can visit official website of desired state PCS.
15th June 2016, 04:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

PCS stands for Public Commission Service and the entrance examination is conducted for selection of candidates as an Officer in state.

The common eligibility to appear for entrance examination is that the candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognized university with minimum passing percentage.

So,after B.A with 60% marks you can appear for examination. The other details for examination is available at official website of PCS.
15th June 2016, 04:45 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes you are eligible for PCS exam after completion of BA with 60% marks.

PCS stands for Punjab Civil Services Exam

Eligibility Criteria for PCS exam:-

**The Candidate should possess a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.

**Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 38 years of age

**You must have passed punjabi of matric or its equivalent standard.
15th June 2016, 05:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible for PCS exam after completion of BA with 60% mark

Eligibility for PCS exam:-

Education qualification required for PCS exam:-

The applicants should have a graduation degree in any discipline from any recorganised university or institution.

The student should have taken Punjabi as one of the compulsory or elective subjects in his / her matriculation examination.

Age limit:-

The applicant should not be below 21 years and not above 35years

For Punjab Police Service Candidate should not be below 21 and should not be above 28 years.
15th June 2016, 06:43 PM
vickyhansi

You are eligible for PSC exam after BA with 60% marks.

Education qualification for PSC exam:

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university in any stream.

Age limit is 21-37 years.

A candidate should have attained the minimum age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 28 years for the post of Depty Superintendent police in Punjab Police Service.

You should be citizen of India.
15th June 2016, 09:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for PCS examination of any state:

*You must have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized stream. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for PCS exam.

*Age limit is 21-30 years for open category candidates. Three years age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidate.

Examination stages:

*Written test.

*Interview.
15th June 2016, 10:43 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. You are eligible for Public Commissioned Service exam after scoring 60% marks in Bachelor of Arts. The eligibility criteria for State Public Service Examination is that candidate must have done graduation in any stream from a recognized stream.

2. Candidate just need to score passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree.

3. Age limit for PCS exam is 21-35 years and candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST category get upper age relaxation.
15th June 2016, 11:04 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

PCS exam stands for Public Service Commission examination and it is held for selection of administrative officers.

Since you are Bachelor of Arts degree holder with 60% aggregate hence you are eligible for appearing any PSC examination whether Civil Services examination held by UPSC or State PSCs held by different concerning state education board as for these there is no compulsion of any subject in the degree course also aggregate in the same does not matters if a student has cleared the same degree course.
15th June 2016, 11:39 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

>> PCS is a combined competitive examination held by the Punjab Public Service Commission for recruitment of various post.

>> Yes you are eligible for PCS exam after completion of BA with 60% marks

The required eligibility criteria for PCS examination as given below:::::::::::::::>>>>>>>>>>>

>> Candidate must have a degree of bachelor in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> Age of candidate must be minimum of 21 years.
15th June 2016, 11:41 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for PCS Exam :

>> You should have completed graduation from the recognized university .

>> There is no percentage requirement.

>> Candidates who have special required education qualification will give the preference.

>> Minimum Age : 21 years

>> Maximum Age : 40 years.
16th June 2016, 12:05 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for PCS examination after bachelor degree from any recognised university in any discipline.

The minimum required qualification to appear for state PCS examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree.

The age limit varies for different state PCS entrance examination. So, you only need to prepare to qualify in examination to get recruitment for job.
21st September 2018, 10:54 AM
Unregistered

Sir I'm doing BA private not regularis I'm eligible for PSC exam please say is that ok
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?