11th February 2016, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA course?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA course? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? I wanted to get the criteria on what all need to be satisfied for doing the Ph.D course? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

11th February 2016, 01:43 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA course?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Ph.D course after completion of BA course.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for Ph.D course is that the candidate must have passed Masters degree course from a recognized university with above 55% marks in aggregate.

After completion of BA course, opt for Masters degree course and upon completion of that course you are eligible to pursue Ph.D course.
11th February 2016, 01:53 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No ,sorry you are not eligible to pursue PhD course after completion of Bachelor of Arts because minimum qualifications required to pursue PhD course is masters degree from recognised University with minimum 60% marks.
You have to appear in the UGC NET examination and have to send your score to the professor.
11th February 2016, 07:29 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

You can do Ph.D., but after doing PG.

Admission in Ph.D. course is done through entrance exams in some universities and in some other universities without the entrance exam.

The qualification required to apply for the Ph.D course is Master's degree from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks for General category and 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates.
11th February 2016, 11:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of BA course? Can you please guide me with the information on the same? I wanted to get the criteria on what all need to be satisfied for doing the Ph.D course? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!
After completion of B.A course, you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course but you must have valid UGC NET score card.
11th February 2016, 11:43 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

You need to complete your MA course to be eligible for the course of PhD.
You need to score at least 50% marks in your MA to be eligible for the course of PhD.
You will have to clear the Entrance Examinations of the Universities where you wish to take admission.
You must also crack a Personal Interview if you have cracked the Entrance Examination to be able to take admission to the course of PhD.
Thess are the steps that you need to follow to get admission to the course of PhD.
11th February 2016, 11:51 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry, you are not eligible to study PhD course after the completion of B.A course. You have to study Master’s degree course to qualify for PhD course. The eligibility to do PhD is a pass in Master’s Degree with 60% marks. The course is available in many universities. There will be an entrance examination for the admission. You have to apply online for the course. The course is available in the following universities
1st March 2022, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

I am a MSc biotechnology student and my current research work is plant based, so can I eligible for PhD in embryology?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?