20th June 2012, 06:46 PM
SHAILENDRA646603

Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 56% in class 12th,, 61% in class 10th, B.E?

am i eligible for psu after scoring 56% in class 12,nd 61% in class 10th,b.e with ec branch,not completed my engineerig yet.

15th July 2013, 07:25 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 56% in class 12th,, 61% in class 10th, B.E?

Hi

Most PSU takes candidates based on your graduation marks
Your 10th and 12th marks are low, so make sure your graduation marks are very good.
However, they would surely ask reason for low marks in 10th and 12th.
work hard and score good marks in graduation also strengthen your resume by taking parts in good activities and win prizes

All the best
24th July 2013, 06:12 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 56% in class 12th,, 61% in class 10th, B.E?

PSU often recruits candidates in the basis of GATE score, GD, and interview. Marks obtained in graduation are also considered for admission. Those with a minimum of 60% marks in B.Tech can apply for recruitment in HPCL or BPCL. A minimum of 65% marks in engineering is required to join with Power India or GAIL. Detailed information can be collected from the job notification issued by the concerned PSU.
25th July 2013, 07:05 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) are the companies under the control of government. The government, either state or center, holds minimum of 51 percent stakes in the Public Sector Undertaking.

The PSU companies are related to power generation, power supply, oil exploration, telecommunations etc. You can apply for the job in PSU after completing the Bachelor of Technology degree.

Now coming to your question, generally PSUs do not consider marks in 10th standard or 12th standard to offer job. You are required to meet a minimum percentage in Engineering degree.

If you meet that percentage then wait for notification by any PSU for job. Electronics and Communication is very popular branch of Engineering. ECE are required by almost all the PSU companies.

But still wait for a notification from a company. Please remember that there is no common written test. Each has its own procedure to select candidates. If the notification mentions vacancy for Electronics and Communication Engineers, only then you should apply.

The selection procedure includes a written test, although several PSUs have dropped it in favor of GATE score. Therefore you should appear for the GATE exam if haven't done already. The second stage is personal interview.

PSU Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. Must have bachelor's degee in engineering.

3. You should have 60 percent marks in engineering.

4. Before applying clearing all the backlogs.

5. Appear for the GATE exam before applying for PSU.

6. Age to apply is 21 to 30 years.

7. OBC is granted 3 years relaxation.

8. 5 years relaxation for SC and ST.

List of PSU

BHEL

DRDO

ISRO

NTPC

NALCO

ECIL

SAIL

GAIL

HAL

BEL

Coal India

Indian Railways

IOCL

ONGC

BPCL

HPCL

MTNL

BSNL
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?