9th August 2012, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech computer science?

am i eligible for psu after scoaring 59.9% in btech computer science

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech computer science?
  2. Which course is better to do DBA MCA or MSc IT?
  3. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  5. Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Computer Science after completion of B.Tech in ECE stream? Job Opportunities after completion of this course?
  6. What is the best government job in computer science engineering?
  7. Am I eligible for a job after B.Tech? I am a B.Tech 3rd year computer science student
  8. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)? -- [New]
  9. Am I eligible for JNU masters in social science? I am a B.Tech computer science student
  10. Am I eligible for IIT JAM after completing B.Tech in computer science
  11. Which specialization is best in M.tech computer science and engineering after scoring 7053 rank in PGECET
  12. Am I eligible for any MNC's after scoring 57% in B.Tech and 70% in Masters?
  13. Am I eligible for BSc computer science after scoring 69% in Aggregate in Physics
  14. Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?
  15. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  16. Am I eligible for Rail Transport Courses after completing B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
  17. How can I do law after B.Tech (computer science)? what's the duration for the same?
  18. Effect of backlogs on getting Visa? How to overcome any such problem?
17th March 2013, 11:11 PM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech computer science?

For getting into PSUs 60% is compulsory. Even 59.9% is not eligible Its strictly 60%.

and CSE students finds rearly a post in PSUs.

The private companies are also demanding more than 65% at least although some still asking for 60%. So 59.9 is very difficult to get you a job as a engineer in any sector.

You can do your further studies and make your academic a look good and fetch a job.

Other thing is if you find any technician or other job in any small companies and based on your work experience and skills you try for big companies later.

Still gave a try to companies like BSNL, BANKS EXAMS also ARMY you may find there chances.

All the best!
18th March 2013, 02:57 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for PSU after scoring 59.9% in B.Tech computer science?

I am afraid but Public Sector Undertaking job may not be possible for you. The percentage required to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the Public Sector Undertaking is 60 percent.

Your percentage is 59.9 which is not enough to appear for the Public Sector Undertaking entrance exams. Unless you belong to reserve category, I am afraid but you are not eligible for job in the Public Sector Undertaking.

Therefore please only apply if you belong to the reserve category like the OBC or SC and ST. If you belong to General then I am afraid there is no way for you to appear for the entrance exam.

If you belong to reserve category then do the following. Firstly I will recommend you to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE). It is important since several Public Sector Undertakings do not conduct written test but ask for the GATE score of the candidate.

After which you will have to separately apply for the job in PSU. Each company issues a separate notification. Please check that out and see whether there are opening for the Computer Science Engineers and only then apply for the job.

PSU Eligibility

1. The candidate should have completed B.Tech degree.

2. No less than 60 percent marks are required in B.Tech.

3. There is some relaxation for reserve category.

4. There should be no pending backlogs.

5. Your age should not cross 30 years to apply for the job.

6. The OBC candidate can apply till 33 years.

7. SC/ST can apply till 35 years for the PSU job.

List of PSUs

BHEL

DRDO

BEL

IOCL

SAIL

ISRO

HAL

BPCL

HPCL

ONGC

GAIL

NALCO

Coal India

Indian Railways

MTNL

BSNL
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?