15th June 2011, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?

i got relatively less score in CET examinations but i want to become a computer engg

i took computer science in 11th and 12th and i got 78% marks in the subject.
am i really eligible for engg??

and also plz give some more information abt comp. engg...

plz plz answer my question...

Related Questions:
  1. Should I join computer science or engineering graphics? I want to join IIT
  2. Am I eligible to study Integrated M.Sc in Computer Science after completing 12th Mathematics? Is this course equivalent to B.E.(Computer Science Engineering)?
  3. Am I eligible to take computer course after 12th if I don't have mathematics as option? -- [New]
  4. 12th science or diploma in computer science? What has a better scope?
  5. Can i get Computer Science and Art as a part of subject combination in class 11th?
  6. Courses which I can do after qualifying HS exam from CBSE with 85.6% in science stream and 9/100 in CS? Future prospects in BSc computer science honors?
  7. Am I eligible for doing MS in computer science after doing BSc computer science? How can I apply for both regular and correspondence course?
  8. Can i do B.Sc(Computer science) without studying Computers in 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible to take up UGC NET exam in Computer Science and Application subject?
  10. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  11. Can I study Diploma in Computer Science Engineering along with 12th Arts? Options after completing Diploma course?
  12. Can I study B.Sc(Computer Science) without having Computer Science in Intermediate?
  13. What should I do to study B.Tech in Computer Engineering being an Electrical Diploma engineering student?
  14. How can I make Maths as my 4th subject (optional) in WBCHSE Board?
  15. How B.Sc Computer Science is differ from B.Tech Computer Science Engineering?
  16. Am I eligible for MCA in VIT after scoring 57% in 12th?
  17. Which are the courses other than engineering which can be done after 12th Physics,Chemistry,Maths and Computer Science?
  18. What are the defence jobs that I can get after taking computer science in class 11th and 12th? What are the subjects in computer science?
27th October 2011, 05:09 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?

[QUOTE=Unregistered;782638]i got relatively less score in CET examinations but i want to become a computer engg

plz plz answer my question...[/QUO

hello,
at the time of counselling the score in CET is mater allot according to your marks
your branch will be decided for computer sciences u have to score high.

good luck
14th September 2012, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?

What should I do After class XII?
I am interested in computer and I am good at this stuff.
I got diploma certificate of "Additional Diploma In Information Technology" from an institute "Asansol Youth Computer Training Centre".
Which course do you recommend me to do?
I am good at VB, VBnet,MSOffice,Web Designing(html,xml), Photoshop,etc.
Plz help me by showing a good way to success.
Plz
15th September 2012, 01:09 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

To get admission for Engineering regardless of stream, the candidate is required to appear for the entrance exams. There are various entrance exams like

AIEEE

IIT-JEE

ISEET - the exam which would repalce the two mentioned above.

To be eligible for any engineering entrance exam, the candidate is required to complete Class 12th with PCM as the subjects. There is also a percentage requirement which is different for each exam.

Now If I get it right, you have appeared in the entrance exams but could not performed well. Have you tried getting admission? You should first try to get admission for Engineering college. In case you do not get admission then try again for the entrance exam next year. ISEET would be the exam that you will have to take next year. If you completed the 12th standard this year, then you can apply for ISEET next year.

In case you get low marks in ISEET or do not want to waste a year the option in front of you is to go for B.Sc in Computer Science. Once you have completed the course, you would get lateral entry for the second year in B.Tech (Computer Science). The options for you related to computers in Engineering are B.Tech IT and Computer Science. In most cases it is recommended to go for Computer Science and not IT.

For lateral entry you are not suppose to appear in ISEET or other engineering entrance exams. Firstly you should try to get direct admission which is offered by various universities. The requirement is 60 percent marks in B.Sc. Otherwise you can appear for LEET entrance exam or any other exam conducted for lateral entry.

The Computer Science Engineering deals in the fields like Robotic, Artifical Intelligence, Hardware and Networking, VSLI/Embedded Systems, Information Security, Wireless Communication etc.

However if you do not want to do B.Sc and directly want admission for B.Tech then the only option in front of you would be admission via management quota. However this is gonna cost you a lot of money. Engineering colleges may ask for lots of money as donation for admission via management quota.

The other option for candidates interested in Computer related course is to go for Master in Computer Applications. To do so you need Mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2. You can take BCA or B.Sc Computer Science or any other graduation course following which appear for MCA entrance exams.
15th September 2012, 10:36 AM
birendra korni

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?

the thing is admissions in colleges are oon the basis of your CET merit number.
try out for multiple upcoming rounds.
try your best to get in any of the college.sorry to say that but most of the colleges dont consider d board results at all.so in this case you wont get admission in any of the good colleges.
but yes there iz one way ...but its very difficult.
if u are really intrested in computer engineering and uo cet marks r low then take admission in B.Sc. computers. Do your B.Sc + M.Sc. (5 years) in comp. thn ans GATE ...... a second golden opportunity to get into one of good colleges all over india.
but during this 5 years term be focused about your studies. clear the concepts., and develop your passion towards GATE ...
its really tough as though...
they say Nothing is impossible in dis world
and evn impossible says i`m possible.

good luck.

dis iz Birendra From Goa University 1st year mechanical.
15th September 2012, 06:01 PM
Astha sinhaa

Hello friend,
Yes you are eligible for doing computer engineering.
For getting into the engineering you must have to appear for the engineering entrance test that is IITJEE, AIEEE, CET, WBJEE etc.
So prepare well for these examination. After clearance any of the entrance exam you will be call for the counselling. During counselling you will be asked to choose your subject.
This is the basic procedure for getting admission in any good reputed institutions. Otherwise you can get direct admission on the basis of your 12th marks.
15th September 2012, 07:39 PM
denwer1

Smile Re: Am I eligible for computer engineering after scoring 78% in computer science subject in 11th and 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i got relatively less score in CET examinations but i want to become a computer engg

plz plz answer my question...
Yes you are definitely eligible for computer science engineering. If your score is less in the cet examination, then you need not to worry. there are lots of colleges which offer this course. So try for some other institute of your choice.............all the best.
15th September 2012, 09:19 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
You can take admission in computer engineering after 12th with computer science.
For this you have to apply engineering entrance exam such as iit-jee, aieee, etc.
So prepare 12th class basic knowledge to clear these entrance exam.
Thank you.....
15th September 2012, 09:49 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
For getting into the engineering you must have to appear for the engineering entrance test that is IITJEE, AIEEE, CET, WBJEE etc.
So prepare well for these examination. After clearance any of the entrance exam you will be call for the counselling. During counselling you will be asked to choose your subject.
This is the basic procedure for getting admission in any good reputed institutions. Otherwise you can get direct admission on the basis of your 12th marks.[/QUOTE]
15th September 2012, 10:20 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

birendra korni;2675156]the thing is admissions in colleges are oon the basis of your CET merit number.
try out for multiple upcoming rounds.
try your best to get in any of the college.sorry to say that but most of the colleges dont consider d board results at all.so in this case you wont get admission in any of the good colleges.
but yes there iz one way ...but its very difficult.
if u are really intrested in computer engineering and uo cet marks r low then take admission in B.Sc. computers. Do your B.Sc + M.Sc. (5 years) in comp. thn ans GATE ...... a second golden opportunity to get into one of good colleges all over india.
but during this 5 years term be focused about your studies. clear the concepts., and develop your passion towards GATE ...
its really tough as though...
they say Nothing is impossible in dis world
and evn impossible says i`m possible.

good luck.

dis iz Birendra From Goa University 1st year mechanical.[/QUOTE]
15th September 2012, 10:22 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

]Hello friend,
This is the basic procedure for getting admission in any good reputed institutions. Otherwise you can get direct admission on the basis of your 12th marks.[/QUOTE]
15th September 2012, 10:38 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Hello friend,
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?