28th May 2015, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for pursuing B.Com hons in Accountancy?

I scored 86% marks in plus two board exam. I scored 90 above in economics and business studies and 80 above in accountancy. So tell me that am i eligible?

28th May 2015, 11:36 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for pursuing B.Com hons in Accountancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I scored 86% marks in plus two board exam. I scored 90 above in economics and business studies and 80 above in accountancy. So tell me that am i eligible?
B.com honors is one of the under graduate course quite similar to B.com but differs in certain things. The cut-off for B.Com Honors course is more than that of B.com.

# The eligibility needed for B.com honors is that candidate should have completed +2 with at least 60% aggregate with Maths and English as compulsory subjects.

You can also pursue courses like Chartered Accountancy along with your B.Com honors. By studying this course you can specialize in subjects such as Accounting and Economics. The top colleges where you can prefer doing the course is listed below:
  • Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi
  • St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
  • Loyola College Chennai
  • Christ College, Bangalore
  • Shri Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
  • Symbiosis Society's College of Arts & Commerce, Pune
  • RA Podar College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai
  • M.O.P. Vaishnav College for Women
  • Madras Christian College, Chennai
  • Hansraj College, New Delhi
29th May 2015, 01:02 AM
ImdadAhmad

Yes, you are eligible to take Accountancy in B.Com Hons. As, you have mentioned your marks in Economics, Accountancy and Business studies are good So, you can opt any of these subjects. There is no any factor of marks in choosing Honors subject.
29th May 2015, 04:33 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible for studying B.Com hons in Accountancy. But here there is one point. The point is that most B.Com colleges like Goenka College or Shri Narsee Monjee College or St. Xavier's College of Arts, Commerce and Science will prefer students having an aggregate score of more than 90%. You have 86% in your aggregate. If these kind of colleges receive lesser number of applications from people scoring 90% or above in their aggregate, then only will they concentrate on applications having less than 90% of marks. So you will have to take up forms for admission in commerce from multiple colleges at first. Then you need to respond to the best college among those who put up your name as a selected candidate in the list. If you take up only one or two forms then you will be at a loss if these few colleges prefer candidates having aggregate percentage more than you have achieved. So proceed accordingly.
29th May 2015, 04:48 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

B.com stands for Bachelor of Commerce .
It is a three year prodram for undergreladuate students completed their Higher Secondary Certificate examination or appearing for it.
For admission in B.com Hons , it is necessary for students who have completed their HSC examination with commerce stream to have Mathematics and English as a subject.
Students need to have minimum of 50% marks in HSC to apply for admission in any college.

The main aim of commerce students after 12th is to go for Charted Accountancy .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?