23rd October 2010, 02:54 PM
gemini.anku

Am I eligible for Civil services examination? I'm pursuing B.A(Hons) Spanish from Delhi university

I am pursuing BA(Hons) spanish from Delhi University. Am i eligible to give civil services examination.
send details on my email id..

1st April 2012, 02:37 AM
sachin170490

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil services examination? I'm pursuing B.A(Hons) Spanish from Delhi university

no, you are not eligible for Civil services examination with pursuing bachlor degree. For at the time of applying you have a Degree of a Recognised University or equivalent. So after completinh your b.a, you can apply for Civil services examination. There is no matter of your graduation stream. But you should be graduate at the time of examination. For more detail you can visit the official website of UPSE. Just follow this link.
www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2012, 02:40 AM
sachin170490

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil services examination? I'm pursuing B.A(Hons) Spanish from Delhi university

sorry but no, you are not eligible for Civil services examination with pursuing bachlor degree. For at the time of applying you have a Degree of a Recognised University or equivalent. So after completinh your b.a, you can apply for Civil services examination. There is no matter of your graduation stream. But you should be graduate at the time of examination. For more detail you can visit the official website of UPSE. Just follow this link.
www.upsc.gov.in
1st April 2012, 01:21 PM
zeya007

Yes ,you are eligible to appear in IAS exam.

Eligibility criteria of IAS exam-
Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
You should be a graduate.( from any field)
You must be a citizen of India.
Thank you..
2nd April 2012, 01:16 PM
vikassaini1993

hi
if u r a graduate student then u can give any civil service examination based on ur eligiblity
thank u
best of luck
2nd April 2012, 02:38 PM
venkatragha1

Hello dear,
I am giving you the details regarding the Civil services exam
Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.
The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.
Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.
Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination. However they must submit along with their Main Examination application, a certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they have passed the final professional medical examination. At the Interview stage they must then produce a certificate from a competent authority that they have completed (including internship) all the requirements for the award of the Medical Degree.ALL THE BEST!!!!
2nd January 2019, 09:14 PM
sharma annu

Sorry, you are not eligible for Civil services examination with your pursuing bachlor degree in Spanish . For applying, you have a Degree of a recognized University or equivalent. You can apply for Civil services examination, after competing your graduation. But you have to complete your graduation at the time of examination.

For more detail you can visit the official website of UPSE. Go to this link.
www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2019, 01:25 PM
Meg24

Hello,
Civil service examination is conducted by UPSC annually and the only eligiblity is that the candidate should have completed the graduation degree from a recognised Indian University.
You need to be minimum 21 years of age to apply for the same.
As you are pursuing your degree currently you are not eligible for the exam.
You can definitely try after your degree.
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?