17th August 2013, 05:51 PM
MASK36

Am I eligible to take Indian Economical Service exam? I am pursuing M.Tech in computer science

I am Pursuing M.Tech in Computer Science am I am eligible to take Indian Economical Services Examination

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  2. Universities offering M.Tech Correspondence? Fee details of the course? Subjects offered in M.Tech?
  3. Where should I opt for M.Tech course? List of the colleges?
  4. Top 10 colleges for M.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  5. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE?
  6. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  7. List of the colleges where can I get the admission for M.Tech course? I have scored 49.67 marks and secured 2751 rank in GATE. Can I get admission in NIT's?
  8. List of software engineering branches available for GATE in IIT's for M.Tech?
  9. Am i eligible to take GATE exam after pursuing B.Tech computer science 7th semester through distance education from KSOU?
  10. Best colleges for M.Tech course after scoring 972 rank in PGECET?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Statistical Service exam if pursuing M.S. 3rd semester?
  12. Best branch in mtech other than computer science? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible to write CSIR exam? I am pursuing computer science and engineering
  14. Will I be eligible for school service commission exam after passing B.Tech computer science and engineering?
  15. Am I eligible for JTO Exam being a candidate of Computer Science Engineering pursuing 7th semester?
  16. Eligibility to appear in Indian Foreign Service exam for Bachelor of Arts student? -- [New]
  17. Am I eligible for government entrance exam or PSU? I am a student pursuing degree in B.Tech in computer science and engineering
  18. IES Exam for Computer science students?
17th July 2014, 08:25 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take Indian Economical Service exam? I am pursuing M.Tech in computer science

For appearing in the Indian Economic Services, eligibility of the candidate is Post graduate degree from a recognised university in Economics applied /Business Economics/Econometrics.
You can seek admission in the renowned coaching institutes. The Indian Economic Service (IES) is an organized Group ‘A’ Central Service and was constituted in 1961 with an objective to undertake economic analysis and render advice for designing development policies for governments. The Cadre Controlling of the IES is located in the Ministry of Finance (Department of Economic Affairs). The direct recruitment is one on the basis of an All-India open competitive examination called the IES Examination, conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.
The IES exam consists of three papers -

General English
General Studies
Economics

The written exam consists of –
1. General English – 100 marks – 3 hr.
2. General Studies – 100 marks – 3hr.
3. General Economics- I – 200 marks – 3hr.
4. General Economics –II – 200 marks - 3 hr.
5. General Economics – III – 200 marks – 3 hr.
6. Indian economics – 200 marks – 3 hr
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?