24th March 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

Any chance to do medical practice after doing 12th in PCM?

I want to do medical practice but I have done 10+2 with physics,chemistry,mathematics. Please guide me any course/degree for a medical practitioner.

3rd July 2011, 05:33 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Any chance to do medical practice after doing 12th in PCM?

according to me there is no chance to get admission into the medical college by selecting the pcm group.

pcm group offers you the way towards the engineering group and other technical courses.

for the medical group you must pass the 10+2 exam with the physics, chemistry, biology subjects.

thanks
10th August 2011, 02:09 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...there is no chance for you to practice medicine because to do an mbbs course you have to have biology in your 12th class that is an must for any student who wants to do medicine course ,
if you are so seriously interested in doing an medical course then what you can do is that you should study the 11th and 12th class once again with biology as one of the subjects along with physics and chemistry but that will be wastage of valuable 2 years of your career,instead the best option for you would be to start preparing for the various engineering entrance exams and try to do well in them even engineering field is very good and has very good pay and career growth opportunities ,but if you are very much interested in medical field and are confident of clearing the medical entrance tests then you can waste two years
15th June 2012, 11:55 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Any chance to do medical practice after doing 12th in PCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do medical practice but I have done 10+2 with physics,chemistry,mathematics. Please guide me any course/degree for a medical practitioner.
Hi

I am really Sorry to say that you are NOT ELIGIBLE to study any course or graduation in the medical line any more.

I must tell you that ONCE a candidate passes out of Class 10th, he/she is given the choice of taking up streams out of SCIENCE, COMMERCE and ARTS.

Science is again divided into two : MEDICAL & NON MEDICAL
Medical line involves the subject BIOLOGY in it. Which is very essential and always compulsory for the candidates who are medical aspirants.

But since you have done your 12th in PCM subjects, I am sure that you will not be allowed to take up ANY Medical related course/graduation in any college or university.

You should try for some other career.

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
16th June 2012, 11:50 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to become a doctor or nurse as you have chosen Physics, Chemistry and Maths for 12th standard. You would have been eligible if you had studied Biology during 12th standard. However there are some course which you can pursue like biotechnology, bioinformatics etc. You can also study to become a lab technician. You need to decide on your career path and choose the right course thereafter.
16th June 2012, 12:13 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

With your class 12 marks you can somehow try to get a seat in the private medical colleges but that is very expensiver. Moreover after passing out whether you will get good opportunity or not there is a big question mark over it.

So if you have not given the entrance exam for medical this year then I would recommend you to drop a year and give the exam another time. This will give you the opportunity to study in top rung government colleges.
16th June 2012, 04:37 PM
tinu0024

Well there is almost no chance to do medical practice if you have passed your 10+2 with PCM but as I said almost so there is a chance but a tough one and time consuming too.
The thing is you can apply for biology exam in your board (like in CBSE) and give biology paper next year. Study for it and clear this paper.

If you really want to do medical practice then this is the only way.
16th June 2012, 05:22 PM
chinmayXdas

By taking the PCM group, you've narrowed your chances of taking admission in any of the medical universities.
Sorry to say that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?