10th August 2011, 06:44 PM
shashank.iiitdm

Any chances for admission in IIT for M.Tech with CGPI of 5.5 in B.Tech?

Are there chances of me getting admission in any IIT for M.Tech. with CGPI 5.5 in B.Tech ...while my GATE score is 93 %ile in Mech. ??
Please answer...!!!

16th October 2011, 08:30 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any chances for admission in IIT for M.Tech with CGPI of 5.5 in B.Tech?

hi...to get into the the Indian institute of technology for the course of m.tech you have to get an gate rank of at least less than 300 to have an realistic chance of getting admission in an decent branch if you are an general category student,the students having an quota can afford to get an even lower ranks and still get an seat ,
also the entrance in some of the iits is based only on the basis of the gate rank and there is no percentage cut of rules ,you can try to get admission into such colleges like the Indian institute of technology madras,
also the admission is based on the basis of gate rank and the interview in the colleges like the Indian institute of technology Delhi and hence if you do well in the interview there is every chance of getting selected irrespective of your poor marks in the the graduation level .
also if you are sc/st category student then there is no need to worry at all because of the fact that there is an concession ion given to the reservation category student and 5.5 is more than enough to make you eligible for an seat in the iits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?