8th May 2011, 11:20 AM
shilpipapu

Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

i am a b tech cse final year student with 8.83 cg recruited through tcs campus interview and also qualified GATE 2011 with AIR 2380.now i m confused whether to join tcs or do m tech.please suggest which is better option for me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for TCS, Wipro, Accenture and other top companies having secured 67% in 10th, 59.83% in 12th and pursuing final year of CSE with a CGPA of 7.04?
  2. Eligibility to join M.Tech. CSE in Tamilnadu based on B.tech percentage and CGPS score
  3. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year
  4. How to join in TCS while studying in final year B.Tech? I got placed in TCS
  5. M.Tech(electronics) or M.Tech(nuclear physics) after M.Sc(physics) for better career?
  6. Am I eligible for TCS off campus recruitment? I have scored CGPA of 6.5
  7. Which Mtech streams can be taken other than Computers after Btech CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Eligibility for JMET if B.tech/ percentage is less than 60% but M.tech CGPA is good
  9. Is it possible to get job in good company like TCS if I have 8 CGPA?
  10. Which will be the profitable career for me of joining in TCS and doing M.Tech in NIT being a final year student of BE in ECE?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in on-campus interview of TCS if secured 6.68 CGPA till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  12. Eligibility requirement and CGPA criteria for Ph.D in Engineering? -- [New]
  13. When TCS written exam will be conducted for B.Tech(CSE) final year student? Procedure to apply?
  14. How to do extra course after completing B.Tech? I am a B.Tech final year student with CGPA
  15. What is valid CGPA required for doing PhD in engineering?
  16. Do I have any chance to get a government job after passing B.Tech final year CSE with 70%?
  17. How can I prepare to crack TCS On-Campus drive being a B.E.(CSE) final year student?
  18. Am I eligible for IT companies? I have scored 68% in 10th, 7.5 CGPA in B.E CSE
11th May 2011, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

will TCS conduct online exam in training period?
12th May 2011, 07:30 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpipapu View Post
i am a b tech cse final year student with 8.83 cg recruited through tcs campus interview and also qualified GATE 2011 with AIR 2380.now i m confused whether to join tcs or do m tech.please suggest which is better option for me.
Its great to hear that you are recruited for TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) and also for your GATE AIR rank ..

Don't Get Confused among these ,ball is in your court act according to the circumstances .

If you are seriously passioned with your subject then go for m.tech so that you can enjoy learning of subject for more days,and also you will have better job opportunities.

This is the case only when you get a tempting college like NIT,IIT,IISc or like
then only go with your further studies ,else just ignore the plans of M.tech and continue with your job.

Doing M.Tech in a normal college is mere waste so Do it in a good college only or else don't do.

Now Job Market is also in full swing so you can excel with super speed in your career growth .

that too a company like TCS has recruited you.So don't take a chance to leave.

You have the two best opportunities just draw a table of Pros and Cons of the two options choose the best option.

In my Opinion If you can get IIT's or NIT's for your rank then its better to do M.tech.

Earning in Lacs is good than earning in thousands .

Think twice and make a good decision.

Regards

~AdityA~
12th May 2011, 10:23 AM
sbaba_87

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

First of all congrats, being selected in that big organisation (TCS) and getting good rank in GATE exam.

If u r interested in pursing higher education M.Tech for doing research & to have depth Knowledge in subject which u r liking than go for it or else join in TCS

If i am in this situation, I will definitely opt for job in TCS because Experience will count but not higher qualifications to have high pays.
12th May 2011, 12:25 PM
NAVEEN470
Banned

recently am written APGVB clerical exam ,when did release results of it...........................
12th May 2011, 12:54 PM
NAVEEN470
Banned

when did release RRB notification for technical engineers...............
12th May 2011, 02:37 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpipapu View Post
I think you should go for TCS,because TCS is one of the reputated and leading company in all over the world,and the paying scale is also very satisfectory.
You can also go for M.tech but after that you may be appointed in sach companies,so if you join now then you have a 2-3 years work experience and a lot...
You can take a distence education for your future betterment..
12th May 2011, 03:24 PM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

its a great that you are a gate collifier in air rank
if you are seriously person then you go in M-Tech which i better option with your sub. B/c aftr completed ur mtech you will have better job opportunities.
12th May 2011, 09:07 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
Well,first of all CONGRATULATIONS for the double achievement.

Getting a job in TCS remains a dream for number of students,and as you also stand a chance to go for M.TECH through your GATE score but choosing between the two might be somewhat tricky.

But if you can get seat for M.tech in the IITS or NITs then i would advice you to go for it or else pursuing your M.Tech from an ordinary college might not be of a great help for your future.
And the foremost thing is what you are interested in?follow your interests after thorough analysis,there after take your decision.Its upto you.

Good Luck.
13th May 2011, 12:07 AM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

It depend on Ur interest that wht will u do .
for my opinion if u wnt toheigh eductn then u must go in M.Tech
16th July 2011, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

hello
i am tcs placed it engineer.i dun know whether i should go for tcs or higher studies.my dad has given me full chance to decide my career but i have no idea abt what should i do. should i go for MBA or should i do some certification course till my joining dates come.
31st December 2011, 04:31 PM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

In my thinking you should have to go for M.Tech.Because you have a good score in B.tech and you definitely get a job in Tcs but you can't get good job security and good salary.But if you do M.tech you can get lots of job opportunities and you can get good salary and also you will get job security.You will be able to apply in Govt. job and also in Reputed private company if you complete M.tech.

After completing M.tech you can apply in these following sector
1.ISRO
2.BSNL
3.INDIAN RAILWAY
4.BHEL
5.GAIL
6.HAL
7.ECIL
8.SAIL.

Good luck.
18th February 2012, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

i am EC branch student and got placed in tcs and also got AIR 2288 in gate 2011. i am confused whether i should go for mtech or tcs.
19th February 2012, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

i am B.E. ECE final year student previous year my gate score was 49.33 but i was also selected in TCS. this year i am not expecting good score. So on previous score basis what college i can expect ansd i am confused to go for TCS or MTech forom NIT if i'll get.
31st March 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

i m placed in accenture ....and my gate2012 is also cleared ..what should i do ?
3rd May 2012, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Should I go for M.Tech or join TCS after scoring 8.83 CGPA in B.Tech CSE final year?

DO mtech if u get any IIT/NIT and u hav really passionate of the subject...else join job
14th October 2013, 01:24 AM
Unregistered

m.tech only
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?