5th May 2011, 09:41 PM
AvISHEK SINHA

Any difference in placement if I undertake B.Tech from an ordinary college instead of an IIT?

Is there any difference in placements if i undertake b tech from an ordinary college and that from an iit??

9th August 2011, 12:02 AM
sgsharadgupta

Default Re: Any difference in placement if I undertake B.Tech from an ordinary college instead of an IIT?

There are three grades of colleges in india-
i ) iits,nit trichy,warangal
ii) nits and deemed university
iii) other than top two category

in 1st category avg package is around 6-7lac
in 2nd category avg package is arond 4-5 lac
and last category u can have package around 2-3 lacs per annum

BUT if you do exceptionally well in 4 years then money will have no bounds

regards
sharad
14th December 2011, 05:24 PM
dev99

Default Re: Any difference in placement if I undertake B.Tech from an ordinary college instead of an IIT?

Dear Avishek,
its sure that the iitians gets good placement due to the reputation and standard but private clgs are not that behind as you think .they also bring good campus.and apart from that if you go for any off campus drive its not your clg its your knowledge speak.so dont think like that you will get good ones and you may not start with the same package but you eventually get there by your hard work.

Regards.
16th May 2012, 12:53 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Any difference in placement if I undertake B.Tech from an ordinary college instead of an IIT?

Hi

IIT's are the Indian Institute of Technologies and as you would know they are the BEST Technical institutions in our country.

They are so reputated and branded that students from every part of the country compete for these colleges.

IIT organized and conducts an Entrance Exam named JEE Joint Entrance Exam. This is done on the All India Basis.

Also this exam is the toughest Under graduate Entrance Exam in our country.

So now coming to your query, if there is any difference in the placements for a student if or not he belongs to the IIT;s :-

IIT is a world brand and so very truly there is a HUGE difference in the placements if a student studies in IIT or any other college in India.

This is because all the International MNC's, Companies, Core branch companies etc all visit IIT and these colleges are their first preferences.

All the cream and brilliant students of our country are in the IIT's and so every company wants to recruit them.

Eg for instance the Samsung Electronics India visits IIT's and offers packages of 10-14 lacs p.a

The same company visits the SRM University and offers packages ranging from 3.2 - 5 lacs p.a !!!

So you see that yeah there is a difference if you Undertake B.Tech from any ordinary college instead of an IIT.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
16th May 2012, 01:13 AM
Bhargav.student

Yeah there is a huge difference . There is no comparison with the placements of IIT's to other colleges .
Many International MNC's , core companies firstly visit IIT's . And also they offer very huge packages which no one can get in normal engineering colleges .
So there is a difference .
Thank You .
26th June 2012, 03:41 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

IIT organized and conducts an Entrance Exam named JEE Joint Entrance Exam. This is done on the All India Basis.Also this exam is the toughest Under graduate Entrance Exam in our country.
now coming to your query, if there is any difference in the placements for a student if or not he belongs to the IIT;s :IIT is a world brand and so very truly there is a HUGE difference in the placements if a student studies in IIT or any other college in India.
26th September 2013, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

which cource has better job apportunities BE.or B.TECH ?
14th October 2013, 11:58 PM
Unregistered

Advantages of ordinary engg. College
25th February 2014, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

How much would be my salary if I complete my b. Tech and m. Tech in Nit college and then complete my m. SC in United States of America.. Please help I'm confused please?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?