25th May 2012, 02:18 AM
Arunav Mazumdar

Any institutes in India which provides M.Tech degree in Petroleum Engineering without asking for a valid GATE score?

Is there any institute in India which provides M.Tech degree in petroleum engineering without asking for a valid GATE score??? (after a b.tech degree in the same) Because we can see that there is no subject paper in GATE in petroleum engineering..

Related Questions:
  1. Is is good to do M.Tech in Petroleum Engineering from Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University? Gujarat? Is the certificate from this university good or valid outside?
  2. Admission to M.Tech (CSE/IT) after B.E (IT) and not a valid GATE score? institutes for the same and their fees?
  3. Colleges which are providing M.Tech in Chemical Engineering without valid GATE score?
  4. Is it between to do M.Tech with AICTE recognition or UGC recognition? Universities or institutes that are recognized? Where can I get admission?
  5. Which is the entrance exam for getting into M.Tech Petroleum Course? Is it possible to take admission without GATE score?
  6. Is GATE score valid in Anna University? How much score is needed?
  7. How to get admission into M.Tech through GATE?
  8. GATE score for selection in IITs for M.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to take admission in M.Tech after passing GATE CS with 31.33? How can I make use of GATE score?
  10. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  11. Can the candidates be eligible to join M.Tech course in NITs after completion of MCA course and with a valid GATE score?
  12. Where can I apply for PhD in Biomedical Instrumentation with valid GATE score?
  13. Can I get a government job with 16.91 score in GATE 2015?
  14. List of Non GATE colleges offering M.Tech in Petroleum/Oil and Gas/QC engineering in India?
  15. List of institutes which offer B.Tech(Petroleum Engineering) through JEE Main in India? -- [New]
  16. What is the criteria to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech in electronics and instrumentation engineering with 73%?
  17. Colleges offering M.Tech in ECE except IITs and NITs? Also colleges providing M.Tech without a valid GATE score?
  18. What if GATE 2015 score is just below qualifying marks?
25th May 2012, 03:47 AM
nkrjn17

Default Re: Any institutes in India which provides M.Tech degree in Petroleum Engineering without asking for a valid GATE score?

Hiiii

Here is a list of top institutions offering courses in Petroleum Engineering and technology. You can also check list of vast number of engineering colleges located in various states and major cities of the country which might be offering courses in Petroleum engineering.

Dept. of Petroleum Engineering, Indian School of Mines University
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
Institute of Petroleum Technology, Gandhinagar
Institute of Petroleum Management, Gandhinagar (IPMG)
Research & Innovation Centre, Gandhinagar
Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun

Thanks,,,
25th May 2012, 07:28 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Any institutes in India which provides M.Tech degree in Petroleum Engineering without asking for a valid GATE score?

Yes the admission process will vary. Some universities conduct their own entrance exam while in some universities admission is based on merit. Pandit Deendayal University conducts its own test. Admission to University of Petroleum & Energy is based on the academic records of the candidates. Candidates with at least 60% marks in 10th and 12th standard as well as graduation are eligible to apply. To join IIT you need to take the GATE exam in any of the areas like Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology and Geophysics(with Part B Geophysics) etc.
25th May 2012, 02:08 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunav Mazumdar View Post
Is there any institute in India which provides M.Tech degree in petroleum engineering without asking for a valid GATE score??? (after a b.tech degree in the same) Because we can see that there is no subject paper in GATE in petroleum engineering..
The bright future leads to the Petroleum Engineers to the petroleum industries including some various high profiled petroleum companies like ONGC, IOC,SAIL,GAIL,Reliance Energy and various research fields.

List of Institutes:

1:Indian Institute of Technology(IIT),Mumbai

2:Indian School of Mines University(ISM),Dhanbad

3:University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES),Dehradun

4:Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU),Gandhinagar

5:Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT),Pune

6:M. S Engineering College, Bangalore

7:L.D College Of Engineering,Ahmedabad

8:G.H Patel College Of Engineering,Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat

9:Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT),UttarPradesh

10:Universities of Petroleum and Energy Studies(UPES),Dehradun
25th May 2012, 05:47 PM
denwer

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi...
Yes there are various institutes offering m.tech in petroleum engineering. For this you must have a valid b.tech degree in mechanical or chemical stream and apply separately to these colleges.

Such colleges follow their own screening process followed by an interview. For more details please visit http://www.upes.ac.in/admissions-2012.html

Thank you...!!!
25th May 2012, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th in the year 2011, but due to some problem I could not take admission. Know I want to go for admission this year for engineering can i get admission without cet
17th August 2012, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

How much rank should I get in gate in order get into iits for petroleum engineering masters... I belong to BC can u pls respond
27th September 2012, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

I HAD DONE B TECH IN COMPUTER SCIENCE NOW I WANT TO SWITCH TO PETROLEUM SECTOR CAN I JOIN M.TECH IN PETROLEUM IF I HAVE TO WRITE GATE EXAM WHICH PAPER I HAVE TO CHOOSE FOR GATE TO JOIN IN PETROLEUM
13th January 2013, 01:15 PM
pinewood
Senior Member+

hi,,,

institutes in India which provides M.Tech degree in Petroleum Engineering without asking for a valid GATE score

1.M. S Engineering College
2.University of Petroleum & Energy Studies
3.Indian Institute of Technology
4.:Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
5.Maharashtra Institute of Technology
6.Universities of Petroleum and Energy Studies
7.Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
8.Indian School of Mines University
9.Indian Institute of Technology

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th April 2013, 08:50 AM
sahoopp
Member+

dear friend,,,,

institutes in India which provides M.Tech degree in Petroleum Engineering without asking for a valid GATE score

1.Maharashtra Institute of Technology (MIT),Pune
2.University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES),Dehradun
3.G.H Patel College Of Engineering,Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat
4.M. S Engineering College, Bangalore
5.Indian School of Mines University(ISM),Dhanbad
6.L.D College Of Engineering,Ahmedabad
7.Indian Institute of Technology(IIT),Mumbai

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th August 2013, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

can i study m.tech petroleum and petrochemical in anna university after completing b.e mechanical....(tancet mechanical exam has passed)
9th April 2014, 12:05 PM
Unregistered

POGL institute in Assam is also providing Mtech & MSC in petroleum under affliation of assam sciene & technologyuniversity. IS this valid or fake
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?