8th August 2012, 09:09 AM
Unregistered

Can the candidates be eligible to join M.Tech course in NITs after completion of MCA course and with a valid GATE score?

Are MCA background students allowed for Mtech in NITs with a valid GATE score?

8th August 2012, 02:47 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can the candidates be eligible to join M.Tech course in NITs after completion of MCA course and with a valid GATE score?

What you are asking is very common question that people ask in India. The answer is yes, you can get admission for M.Tech course after completing MCA. A lot of people think that to do M.Tech you will have to do B.Tech. This is not entirely accurate. Those who have completed MCA or M.Sc can also apply for GATE exam.

After passing the GATE exam with flying colors, you can get admission in IIT or NIT. However it also depends on your performance in the written test and interview conducted by the IIT. A lot of people despite good GATE score have not managed to get admission in IIT.

It may seem strange to some to do M.Tech after MCA since both are post graduate course. However it is possible to do so. MCA and M.Sc candidates can appear for GATE exam under one condition which is that you should have Maths and Science as the subject in the B.Sc. If you meet this criteria then you can appear for the M.Tech course.

Now since you want admission in NIT I would say it is quite possible after MCA but ultimately your performance in GATE would determine that. I would suggest that you join coaching classes for the GATE exam and prepare yourself properly. NIT would also look into your academic record. If you have scored less than 60 percent in MCA and Bachelors course then It could become little difficult for you to get admission in M.Tech.

I would like to add one more thing that it is not always adviced to do M.Tech after MCA. Only if you have failed to get job after MCA you should go for the M.Tech course. Otherwise working in a IT company with decent pay is a good option after completing MCA course. Almost all the major IT companies in India offer job to MCA candidates.
5th November 2012, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can the candidates be eligible to join M.Tech course in NITs after completion of MCA course and with a valid GATE score?

is mca students with gate score get stipend for m.tech or its only for B.tech students
15th January 2013, 07:43 PM
Unregistered

Why MCA students are not eligible for applying into iocl gae as they are also eligible for appearing gate not even only iocl but most of psu's take btech only???
18th June 2013, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I did Bsc ( maths statistics and computerscience) and MCA.
Am I eligible to join all IITS and NITS.sir please replysoon as
Possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?