15th March 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Any Vacancies for Backward Class Students in GATE exam?

Is their any vacancies reserved for backward class student who just qualify the GATE exam

27th March 2011, 01:47 PM
cricket007
Banned

Default Re: Any Vacancies for Backward Class Students in GATE exam?

yes,

check the respective official colleges website for quota,

GATE Eligibility

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear in GATE:

Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?