22nd March 2020, 12:40 PM
ASHAMARYPJ

Is B.Ed compulsory for SET examination?

Hi, I have completed M.Sc Mathematics and wish to appear for SET examination. But, I have heard that B.Ed is compulsory for this. Is it true? Do I need to do B.Ed before applying for SET?

27th March 2020, 08:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed compulsory for SET examination?

SET refers to State Eligibility Test and it is held by concerned body for the recruitment of Assistant Professor across the concerned state universities.

Further, the minimum education required to appearing in these examinations is a Master's degree ( in your interested paper for teaching) with at least 55% marks from a recognised university. Marks relaxation upto 5% is allowed for candidates belonging to reserved category.

So, having completed your Master's degree course i.e. M.Sc. in Mathematics, you are eligible to apply for SET if you have managed to secure the minimum marks required in qualifying degree to appear in these examinations. Further, I would like to let you know that there is no requirement of B.Ed. degree to be eligible for SET.

For more details regarding different SET/SLETs, you are refer to their respective official links.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?