22nd February 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Which basic Civil Engineering courses to take after completing I.T? Which are the institutes offering the course?

i have done my IT. now i am with my father in the construction line, i want to do a basic civil course . so i would like you to inform wht course to take and the institutes

Related Questions:
  1. List of institutes offering part time course in civil engineering?
  2. List of engineering institutes offering Civil Engineering Correspondence course in Tamilnadu?
  3. Institutes offering Ph.D in Civil Engineering stream? List of IITs and foreign institutes? Is IISC Bangalore offering this course?
  4. Civil engineering related Software courses? Institutes in Hyderabad offering such courses?
  5. Any PG courses related to Maths after BSc Mathematics? Institutes offering the course?
  6. Institutes offering Civil Engineering course through distance education?
  7. Which entrance exams can I take up to pursue M.E or M.Tech? Which institutes are offering this course in civil engineering?
  8. List of colleges offering correspondence Civil Engineering Diploma course for a Civil Draughtsman?
  9. Which basic courses can help to do diploma or any other aeronautical based courses?
  10. List of the colleges offering B.Tech in civil engineering?
  11. Courses available after Automobile Engineering? Institutes offering the same?
  12. Architecture course after B.Tech (Civil Engineering) is possible? Colleges offering this course?
  13. Which are the good options available in Diploma after SSLC? -- [New]
  14. Institutes offering B.Tech civil engineering as distance education? I have completed civil engineering
  15. Are there any colleges in Dubai Offering Part-time Degree in Civil Engineering for Ladies after completing diploma in Civil Engineering?
  16. What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy? Age limit and requirements for joining merchant navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. List of institutes which offer B.E.(Civil Engineering) to Diploma holder in Himachal Pradesh?
  18. Which are the engineering institutes which offer Nanotechnology and Mechantronics course?
11th March 2011, 06:58 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which basic Civil Engineering courses to take after completing I.T? Which are the institutes offering the course?

As you are an Information Technology graduate it is really difficult to
introduce yourself into the core civil engineering stream.

There are other ways of getting into this stream.
Being an IT graduate you must be good in programming and designing
things. so, if you move your career in designing sector then it will be
very much beneficial for you.

It is not essentially required that you do some course to get into civil
engineering field.
You should just make a good command on those software which are
widely used in designing sections.

These software are
MATLAB
CAD
CAM

You can learn these software by yourself.
Purchase these software and install them in your computer.
take help and complete small tasks.
Practicing a lot will make you master of them.
11th March 2011, 09:55 PM
sdeepika.b

Default Re: Which basic Civil Engineering courses to take after completing I.T? Which are the institutes offering the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have done my IT. now i am with my father in the construction line, i want to do a basic civil course . so i would like you to inform wht course to take and the institutes
first of all i thank u that u have decided to work in the construction side beside completion of doing graduation in IT. To be well settled in this field u should be creative in your thoughts and logical in mathematics. If so, u should know some basics of Vastu. your drawing or design of house should be given in CAD. So, u plan to take a course on it. civil engineering is a huge branch of engg. there will not be any basic civil course. U may decide depending on your strength.
14th March 2011, 05:40 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you are an engineer you needn't go in for another engineering course. You can go in for short term diploma courses. Also there are softwares like MATLAB, CAD which are needed in this field. You could go in for learning the same. Also if you are creative with experience you will pick all the required practical knowledge while working.
5th July 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

i have done a 2 years coures in civil engineering from an institute, i want to have an proper diploma certificate for civil engineering feild please guide any one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?