16th September 2015, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Being weak in programming can I get job in a good company?

I am a student of BCA final year. I am weak in programming, so i am very worried that can i get the job in a good company or not?

Related Questions:
  1. What kind of work is preferable for a B.Tech(CSE) candidate who is weak in Programming Language?
  2. Can I do MBA after M.Com? Which university is better for M.Com?
  3. If I am weak in programming what should I do?
  4. Weak in programming, which M.Tech. stream to choose after btech?
  5. After completing MCA from SMU will I get a job as a fresher in top company? Can I get a job after having basic knowledge in various programming languages?
  6. Will I get a job after B.E with 60% in graduation?
  7. Job as a programmer after completing B.Tech in 8 years due to year backs and 65 and 52% marks in 12th and 10th resp.?
  8. Do I have to be good in programming if I want to do MCA after BCA?
  9. Is there any course to do in Marketing being a candidate not good in Programming and not getting the right Job?
  10. Can I do CA after B.E? Is there any need of 60% aggregate in B.E to qualify for CA?
  11. Can I go for BCA after the completion of 12th with Commerce and weak in Programming?
  12. Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How to get a job in software company? I am an Instrumentation and Control engineering student
  14. How to get a good job in TCS? What programming languages are necessary for the job?
  15. How an EE engineer having good knowledge in programming can get job in Wipro?
  16. How can I prepare myself for SSC LDC?
  17. What preparation or certification programs should I do while doing MCA to get good job after MCA?
  18. Is it possible to apply for internships after my first year? Companies which recruit such students? For which projects should I apply for?
3rd October 2015, 07:20 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being weak in programming can I get job in a good company?

You should be good at programming since you are from Computer Applications background. However, there is nothing to worry much even if you are weak at programming. You should know basic programming and apart from that, you should be good at some other field of application in the computer science field. There are ample opportunities for candidates who are good at tools like PeopleSoft, Oracle SQL, Informatica, Salesforce, etc. which do not require much programming. You have to be good at some field of application to avail the jobs in that particular field.

Some of the top IT companies that recruit BCA candidates are-

- HCL Technologies
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
- CMC Limited
- International Business Machine (IBM) India
- Wipro Limited
- Oracle India
- Infosys Technologies Limited
- Mahindra Satyam
- PCS (with stake from iGate) Technology Limited
- Larsen & Toubro Infotech (L and T Ltd)
- Mastek Limited
- MPHASIS BFL Limited
- UST Global
- NEST
- IBS
- L&T Infotech
- IBM India
- Patni Computer Systems
- i-flex Solutions

Apart from IT companies,you can also apply for job in-
- Banks
- Desktop Publishing
- Financial Institutions
- Government Agencies
- Insurance Providers
- Schools and Colleges
- Security and Surveillance Companies

However,it would be better if you pursue higher studies preferably MCA which will facilitate better job opportunities and enhance proper growth of your career.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?