7th July 2010, 03:29 PM
mdmunna

Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong?

I am doing MCA and my programming skill not strong.
I am interested in web designing and web development.
What preparation or any other certification should I do while doing MCA so that I can get a good job after MCA?
What are the other options other than s/w development where a candidate can go for if his/her programming is not good?
Pls reply.

My email id: [email protected]

7th July 2010, 04:14 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Default Re: Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong?

these days web designing is very profitable.
but you must do courses in php,jumla and drupal from institutes from hyderabad or any good institute available at you place.this would take atleast 8 months.
after that you would get a job in website designing companies or a group of your friends can start a private firm too after years of experience.
you can go for advertisement designing , animation and graphic designing also if you are interested in this field.
if nothing suites you then come down to teaching job. you can teach in schools and take private tutions too........
7th July 2010, 05:56 PM
Sunny Kerketta

Default Re: Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong?

Better to do certification course in OCP or Linux 0r CCNA.
7th July 2010, 10:23 PM
Gop
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong?

Hi,

As you are interested in Web designing and develoment, You better do web designing courses like flash, Dreamweaver, CSS PERL , Flex, Illustrator etc.

XML,XHTML and AJAX have real good scope. But it needs Some programming ability.

I must say about PHP(Hypertext Preprocessor),a HTML embedded scripting Language which had gained considerable scope nowadays. Learning is easy and the placement is good. Can expect decent remuneration.

My final suggestion is, What ever Course you take, Obviously you need to work hard to excel in the field. So It is better to develop your programming skills than saying that you are not good at programming.

All the best.
7th July 2010, 11:44 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear
the main function of mca in software industry is to

1.develop programming.
2.software designing.
3.coding.
4.supervising.

as a fresher you have to such jobs in industry.as you are not interested in software developing.so it is better to go for further study(like mba)........

all the best.....
8th July 2010, 12:02 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

MCA is not necessarily software programming. It can get you in to web design, hardware, application maintenance and so on. If you like web designing, please go for a diploma certificate course in web designing from NIIT and similar institutions. You can either work as a web designer in companies or take up jobs on a freelancing basis.
17th August 2010, 01:20 AM
jiyaa

dear friend,
as your interest is in web designing,so go for some certified course like XMl,XHTML or LINUX or CCNA etc these courses will definetly suits to your profile..
with best wishes
17th August 2010, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i joined dataware housing tools it is better how many tools select and which tool is better
18th August 2010, 12:48 PM
sanjeev sadhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmunna View Post
What preparation or any other certification should I do while doing MCA so that I can get a good job after MCA?
What are the other options other than s/w development where a candidate can go for if his/her programming is not good?
Pls reply.

You can apply in Banking Sector where there is vacancy for IT-Officer which needs MCA OR M.Sc-CSE OR M.Sc-IT qualified aspirants.These posts have no need of programming .Only managing IT requirements of Bank is needed.There are also many vacancies in government sector for which u can apply.
21st August 2010, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i am not very much strong in programming,are there any courses after MCA?,i am interested in oracle database and data mining,is there any course to do in that field and give me the famous institute and how much we can expect the salaries and i want the details of all courses after MCA?
23rd August 2010, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

I am doing MCA?It have a scope or not?
3rd September 2010, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

what r the various fields in software companies?

what is more helpful in future?

is there any benefit by doing dwh?
3rd September 2010, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

hi,i am not intersted in programming. i am intersted in web desiging but i feel that programming include in web designing like php is scripting language but it is similar to programming. is am right sir or i am wrong.please reply.
17th September 2010, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

hello sir iam mca during job statifeld my qualification what amout you ?
1st October 2010, 12:45 PM
Unregistered

what is the work of an IT-officer in banking sector?
2nd October 2010, 01:30 AM
anisam1987

Smile Re: Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong?

as you like web designing, i think you must be very innovative. then why are you doing such a course?
may be multimedia would have been a better course for you. why don't you give it a try?
2nd October 2010, 01:36 PM
vamsimca

Quote:
Pls reply.

HAI,
YOU AREA saying that you dont have programming skills. wel try Testing tools...and cuming to web designing join php....all the best
17th October 2010, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

i have completed my ug in bsc physics and joined in mca in coimbatore.i dont have any computer programing skills.now am in second year,am doin oracle course now.am intrested in that,can you give me a guide line what to do and how to sucseed .can you plse mail me [email protected]
2nd November 2010, 10:10 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

web designing and web developing is a very good field. it has also a very goop scope and opportunity. surely you will get job in this field. certification course for web designing is available. you may do it from an good institution.

you may do HTML course. it will also help you for your job.

there is jobs also other then software field for MCA student.
first of all you may join as a lecturer in any institution after completion of your MCA.
you may wotk on networking field. t
here is also supervision job for MCA student.
you may go for higher study and you may do research.

best wishes.
2nd November 2010, 12:59 PM
Anmol01

Look as you are interested in web designing so its better to learn or work in php, jumla, dreamweaver, html, dhtml, xml, css, coreldraw etc. similar techniques once you are having knowledge of these languages then you are having good work in market or will earn good amount of money. Jobs based on web designing techniques are in good amount so you are not having any problem in finding job once you learned these techniques or you may start your own work with your friends.. Best of luck for future!!!
2nd November 2010, 04:35 PM
sakran

programming is a part of software industry,other than this there are many doors to enter in to software industry like management(hr,finance) and tester
2nd November 2010, 07:10 PM

Post Re: Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong?

Quote:
Pls reply.

There are many jobs in networking available now other than software Engineering I think this is a great option for u........
Now go for It.........

Ankur Jain
2nd November 2010, 07:21 PM
rohi9t

you doesn't need for other course you just focus on what you like as you said you like web designing you go with it command over some designing softwware like php,css,dhtml,dreamweaver,html etc to make you skill strong you will surely place in some of the good companies.
other jobs where programming is not having a task are project manager, relationship manager, client relationship manager and many more in this you need to have a good communication skill.
3rd November 2010, 05:57 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

You are interested in web designing. So you can do courses like dreamvier . But in allmost all webdesigning field you will see use of languages like html,xhtml,xml e.t.c and your programming is not good. So you can work as a teacher in school and private tution or as computer operator.
17th November 2010, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

i have got 67% in 10th and 73% in 12th and 55% in B.Sc and i am doing MCA from K.N.I.T(KAMALA NEHRU INST. OF TECHNOLOGY SULTANPUR) and will get 74% in MCA. Is there any chance to get job in a good company???PLEASE TELL ME HOW AND IN WHICH COMPANY.....
30th November 2010, 01:37 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Pls reply.

For MCA/CS/IT software is not the only option for them other options are also available like multimedia, web designing, SEO, network administrator, managment, analysis.

They can also try in other sector like teaching, banking, intelligence and others.

You can devote atleast 6 month to be a good programmer from good institution you can do certification in various language that will help you in finding job
30th November 2010, 01:42 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,i am not very much strong in programming,are there any courses after MCA?,i am interested in oracle database and data mining,is there any course to do in that field and give me the famous institute and how much we can expect the salaries and i want the details of all courses after MCA?
Courses area available after MCA is Mtech, Phd, MS, Mphil .

As you are interested in oracle database and data mining courses/certification are available for you .

Each software company require employee of different field so jobs are also available in good number with decent salary.
30th November 2010, 01:46 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
I am doing MCA?It have a scope or not?
MCA is equivalant to engineering in Computer science or IT so equal opportunity for both.
You can try in software company for software development and testing , research. You can also go in web application, multimedia, and other applications like SEO.
You can go for further studies like mtech , mba, ms.
You can try in govt sector jobs.
30th November 2010, 01:50 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
what r the various fields in software companies?

what is more helpful in future?

is there any benefit by doing dwh?
There are various field in software company like:

Software development

Software testing

Research

Network operations

Network support

Network management

Web design

SEO

IT helpdesk (support)

Every field has its importance and have good scope you can upgrade yourself after experience in your field.
30th November 2010, 01:57 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
hi,i am not intersted in programming. i am intersted in web desiging but i feel that programming include in web designing like php is scripting language but it is similar to programming. is am right sir or i am wrong.please reply.
Web designing and Web applications are also very good field. One can build his career in this field with good future aspects.

Yes you have to do programming in web designing but it is different from the programming you have to do for developing software of systems and application.

As this is the area of your interest you can learn it more interest and anyother and will enjoy learning it.
30th November 2010, 02:01 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
what is the work of an IT-officer in banking sector?
In current senerio all bank are giving number of facilities like internet banking, ATM facility, and lot more.
Operation of all these are based on software it any problem arrise in it then whole system down so they look after such systems.
In networking as different branches are linked through internet so they also look after networking.
30th November 2010, 02:05 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
i have completed my ug in bsc physics and joined in mca in coimbatore.i dont have any computer programing skills.now am in second year,am doin oracle course now.am intrested in that,can you give me a guide line what to do and how to sucseed .can you plse mail me [email protected]
As you are doing certification in oracle which is demand at this time so it will really help in finding job.
But important thing is that you must learn concept of oracle deeply so that you can be different from other and interviewer's give preference to you.
And I hope you will find good job after your MCA.

Good luck..........
30th November 2010, 02:11 AM
Gaurav.jain88

Quote:
i have got 67% in 10th and 73% in 12th and 55% in B.Sc and i am doing MCA from K.N.I.T(KAMALA NEHRU INST. OF TECHNOLOGY SULTANPUR) and will get 74% in MCA. Is there any chance to get job in a good company???PLEASE TELL ME HOW AND IN WHICH COMPANY.....
You score good marks in 10th, 12th and in MCA but Bsc might create some worry for you as you are below 60%.

You must carry good knowledge along wth you so that this worry will remove.
Some company will consider BSc otherwise most of the company will consider only 10th and 12th percent while placement, once you got placed no one will ask you about your degree or percent if you not find job in early stage try in small company because it will help you in gaining experience.
10th January 2011, 06:24 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing my MCA...My great interest is in database but i came to kno that databse lacks in jobs over in india..so can u help me out regarding this...further,is it important while entering in good company u will have to start ur career from programming only...??? do reply
21st February 2011, 03:00 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,
I have dove my MCA in 2009. I did not get the job at that time.
Currently I am working with a BPO. I want my to do sumthing in my field again. As I have no interest in Programming and developement.
Could you please guide me what course i should choose for good career. I have heard about MCDBA and SAP. Please tell me which is better for me or some details of courses and fees and companies regarding this. I will be very thank ful to you.
20th March 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,
i have done mca but my programming is weak .so can i go in the technical support in bpo.In this there is a good future or not.or in this there is a good salary or not.
thanks please reply
4th April 2011, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my BCA and nw i am cnfused between Msc I.T and MCA...i am nt good at programming...but interested in web designing and teching line...doing M.Sc along with web designing course help me or sh'd i go for MCA?plz help me as early as possible?
19th April 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=mdmunna;121235]I am doing MCA and my programming skill not strong.
I am interested in web designing and web development or in plant sector.
Pls reply.

28th April 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

Pls reply.

27th May 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

i have score 204 rank in upsee entrance exam for mca.can i get hbti kanpur or iet lucknow or any other government college?
31st May 2011, 08:14 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
Pls reply.

Hiii,

After MCA you may jion any company through offcampus r campus drive then in the company you may jion the post of the BI or BA or any networking their is nothing req. to do much more coading but litle bit knowledge ..
and choose datawharehousing as your carrier..

good luck.
ankur
13th June 2011, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

I am compeleting MCA, have Certificate (3Month) in Web technology( PHP, Mysql) from govt. polytecnic nagpur. Furter I have also gone through C programming from Concure .kindly suggest me what other Short Term Courese will be required to get a good Job. My minus point is that I could not completed MCA with in 3 yeres duration.

AMMAR ZAIDI)
E Mail: ammarzai_gmail.com
30th June 2011, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir
i finished b.sc(CS) in regular(65%) and in 2009 i finished MCA in coresspondence(65%).As i am lady i work as faculty
in rural side area center for 2 yrs and after that worked as office incharge in computer hardware.Still now with 4 yrs exp i get 6600 salary only.I am totally worrying about my carrier.My rural area exp is not enough for city based centres training. so i got failed in technical round. I can work around coimbatore only.i could not decide about my future in computer filed.
Can you give guidance for my future in computer field with good salary. I am intersted in teaching filed.
13th July 2011, 05:23 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

If you have interest in web designing and web development, then you can do a course on that as your specialization.

The other specialization which will be profitable for MCA students are:

Hardware Technology.
Management Information Systems
Internet.
Systems Management.
Systems Development.
Systems Engineering.
Troubleshooting.

After having a specialization in a field, you will get more demand than others.

Some areas where an MCA student get jobs are:

Banking.
Consultancies.
Computers and Related Electronic Equipment Manufacturers.
Database Management
Desktop Publishing.
Design Support And Data Communications.
E-Commerce.
Embedded Technologies
Government Agencies.
Networking.
Schools and Colleges.
Simulation.
Software Development Companies.
Security and Surveillance Companies.
Stock Exchange.
System Maintenance.
Technical Support.
Traffic Light Management.
19th July 2011, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

in 10th my % is less than 50
after mca my job depend upon my 10th %
18th November 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

hi i have no job.but i want to do job in IT.i am MCA 2010 batch passout..wht should do..i am waiting for companies from ast one year as i have no 60 % throuhout criteria.please help me out...
26th November 2011, 07:16 PM
co-rocks

As you are interested in Web designing and develoment, You better do web designing courses like flash, Dreamweaver, CSS PERL , Flex, Illustrator etc.

XML,XHTML and AJAX have real good scope. But it needs Some programming ability.

I must say about PHP(Hypertext Preprocessor),a HTML embedded scripting Language which had gained considerable scope nowadays. Learning is easy and the placement is good. Can expect decent remuneration.

My final suggestion is, What ever Course you take, Obviously you need to work hard to excel in the field. So It is better to develop your programming skills than saying that you are not good at programming.

thanks
7th March 2012, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

sir i didnt good persentages my previos studies like 10th(50%),12th(57.6),degree(56.5)in bsc computers.now iam doing mca 1st year and i have completed hardware course(recognize by govt certificate)recently passed in state board exam in the hardware and troubleshooting.escpicially i am living in rural areas and i dont have refernce in softeware department thats way i dont know about how to settle in softeware dept and whatss requirements have it for mca. plz give suggestion for my questions and i will for answer i will check this site tommrrow
15th August 2012, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
i have completed MCA and got approtunity in qatar for web desiging.i have done software testing course and i am looking for job in delhi, tillnow i did not get job.
can i go to this field ....
Kindly give me suggestion. i am waiting..........................

My email id is [email protected]
9th January 2013, 09:22 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,,,

Jobs after MCA other than software development when programming skills are not strong

1.supervising.
2.software designing
3.develop programming
4.coding
5.Network management
6.Software development
7.Network operations
8.IT helpdesk (support)
9.Web design
10.Research

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?