15th September 2015, 10:52 AM
Unregistered

Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India?

Hello,
I am doing my UG in Physics.I have a keen interest in astrophysics.Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India? How should I apply for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study M.Sc in Astrophysics if pursue B.Sc in Physics?
  2. Which are the institutes in India offering Astrophysics? How ca I prepare for it?
  3. Any colleges in India, America, Canada, Australia, Singapore offering B.Tech Astrophysics?
  4. How to study Astrophysics after passing class 12th? When is the entrance exam and which are the colleges for Astrophysics in India
  5. List of universities which offer PhD in Astrophysics in India
  6. List of universities which offer M.Sc in Astrophysics to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India and Abroad? Eligibility to get admission?
  7. How can I study M.Sc(Astrophysics) being a B.Sc(Applied Physics) candidate? Minimum marks required to get admission? List of colleges in India?
  8. List of universities which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc(Physics) candidate in India? Entrance exams to get admission?
  9. Which are the colleges in India offering the course in Astrophysics? What should I do in order to opt for Astrophysics? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Scope of Astrophysics in India? Names of the institutes which offer master program in Space Program research opportunities?
  11. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA? I am interested in Astrophysics
  12. What are the courses available in Astrophysics in B.Tech? Scope in India and Foreign for research?
  13. How can I do Ph.D in both Astrophysics and Nanotechnology? How may I do both in a sequence with Astrophysics first?
  14. Percentage needed in board and CET exam to study astrophysics?
  15. Colleges under Pondicherry university offering integrated M.Sc in Astrophysics?
  16. List of colleges which offer M.Sc(Astrophysics) to B.Sc candidate in US? Procedure to get admission?
  17. Can I do Ph.d in Astrophysics after MCA?
  18. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEST to study PhD in Astrophysics for M.Sc(Astrophysics) postgraduate?
22nd October 2015, 02:48 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am doing my UG in Physics.I have a keen interest in astrophysics.Which is the best institution in India to study astrophysics? How is the scope for astrophysics in India? How should I apply for it?
Astrophysics has a good scope within India in the coming generation. After completing the course, you can get jobs in the organizations like:
  • Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune
  • National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, TIFR (Pune)
  • Physical Research Laboratory, Ahmedabad
  • Raman Research Institute (RRI), Bangalore
  • Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIES), Nainital
  • Indian Institute of Astrophysics (IIA), Bangalore
  • Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
  • Space Science Centre, ISRO, Thiruvananthapuram
  • Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai

In this field, you will get numerous opportunities to travel more and more to various places and meet many notable peoples in the field of Astronomy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?